vaylain

There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed?

1 minute ago, delaigle said:

Let just time to all trash player who only PVP for PVP because they can't do something other to PVP offline put all other player out of this game. After this they will go to an other game and this can start to be playable.

The developers can not take the responsibility of making a balance game if the players just want to break it and if it's the major part of the active players.

You can go for PVE and you lost major part of the game it's bad.

So people that PVP on PVP servers for the sake of PVP are bad? :classic_rolleyes::classic_rolleyes::classic_rolleyes:

I guess those players are too toxic for PVP right. We should all be holding hands...

3 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

So people that PVP on PVP servers for the sake of PVP are bad? :classic_rolleyes::classic_rolleyes::classic_rolleyes:

I guess those players are too toxic for PVP right. We should all be holding hands...

Yeah many PVP player are bad, bad player and bad mentality. 
If you just want play with like player it's on the good way ^^ It's not a surprise to see a major partie who suck it's just probability, all can't be good.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, delaigle said:

Yeah many PVP player are bad, bad player and bad mentality. 
If you just want play with like player it's on the good way ^^ It's not a surprise to see a major partie who suck it's just probability, all can't be good.

There is lot of nice gentle folks in PVE. Highly recommended.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

There is lot of nice gentle folks in PVE. Highly recommended.

It's completly this, all player will go to other servers or other game and good luck for PVP alone ^^

When i see to many empty island and you're only answer is this i understand ^^

DEVS !!!!   please change this fucking griefing problem ...   its sad to play this game only if you had 24 hours time   that sucks so hard,      this game lost day for day more and more players  i mean is this a good option that 1-2 players can grief over 20 ships??????      PUT A Warning if some ships (anchored) got damage  its so sad   griefing destroyed this game so fucking hard   WOW

"ahh sorry  Devs ignoring everything"

RIP Atlas      ( Atlas: world of griefing )

Edited by BaShalDoR

On 2/9/2019 at 8:08 AM, Itsme said:

The first line of your post, all assumption ignoring the reasons I have previously stated for defending, and the last line of that first paragraph which slings a very incorrect political title at me, shows your true hand so I will not waste my time addressing all your tainted spew, just the couple points in this first paragraph before I stopped reading.  And as an fyi- there are very few posts I literally stop reading without finishing but past experience has demonstrated that discussions with people that begin their posts ignoring your previous points while throwing incorrect political labels out are never productive conversations so I do not waste my time on them.  

As already stated, my company does not go out of it's way to offline raid but at the same time, we do not do global shout-outs to pencil a raid appointment on everyone's calendar, especially if this is a retaliatory action. No, I am not vehemently defending offline base raiding simply because I benefit from it, I am defending it as this is a survival game and not every company has matching work schedules or time zones to know what day or time to raid someone nor should they. This is a pvp pirate survival game where the devs (with forethought) intentionally set up the game mechanics to allow raiding at all times so if this is not your cup of tea, they also set up pve servers where you are protected from raiding. 

As with most survival games, surprise is often an element of a successful battle so announcing to your enemies your are coming and waiting until they have all their players online to raid is more of a pve mindset, not a pvp pirate survival game mindset. Even if the devs would give in to the pve wanna be pvp player's whining demands and change this, it will never be enough as next there will be demands that 99.9% of all people would need to be online or whatever the next ridiculous demand will be. 

Regarding my lack of 'empathy', again, this is a pirate pvp survival game not a Dr Phil episode with an abused spouse as the main guest. And regarding those less fortunate than myself, anyone can do what I did, start out solo and if that plan is not working, adapt and make or join a company. Oh wait.... spoon fed entitled snowflake people do not have this capability as they are too busy making 'woe is me' posts insisting survival games be changed to their demands rather than adapting to the game like I did. 

Bahahaha, first of all... you're a child. All of the statements in my post were based off observation, not conjecture or fabricated from thin air. It's clear you just don't like being called out and criticized so you'll arbitrarily ignore things. I'm not surprised and it's not like it wasn't expected, but if you're going to pull some childish nonsense then why go on to drop 4 paragraphs? To be fair, your paragraphs are maybe a single complex sentence so it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll give it to you.

I don't care whether you go out of your way for offline raids or not, whether you announce in global or not, whatever the hell story you think is worth telling. I don't care. Nobody does. You're here because you justify a certain perspective, and you'll defend it tooth and nail because it makes sense to you. It's easy psychology. The problem here is that you're not able to detach enough to look at the greater picture objectively and really understand the cause and effect. It's apparent that you're not going to change your tune just by having a discussion, so instead, good luck cupcake. Atlas WILL eventually implement something along the lines of ORP. Whether it's ripped straight from Ark or it's adapted from games such as EVE, it's going to happen. You should get to work wrapping your little noggin around these things instead of trying to dig your heels in and fight the inevitability.

Again, nobody wants to discuss strategy, tactics, your company, you "pvp mindset". You are taking away from the point completely, and it really looks deliberate - even if you're too simple to be aware of it.

20 hours ago, Rovalis said:

Bahahaha, first of all... you're a child.

There you go again, first sentence name calling. I literally laughed out-loud over the irony of the insult you decided to use when comparing your tantrum based spew to my valid points. Needless to say, I cannot address any of the tainted spew that likely followed the first sentence of your post as I didn't read any further but did want to thank you for the laugh, it was priceless. 

This game become ridiculous. I though this was a pirate game but it become more a Disney land game.

Spawn protection (300% buff an all ships), auto health regen, kill cam (coming soon for the noobs ?) ?

You can't open a simple wood door with a axe (0 damage).
The firearms are a joke. You can't kill me with a head shot (I have more than 200 HP). On animal you do 0 damage (a headshot on a level 72 bear is 12 damage + regen = 0 damage).

The battle on ground resume on bears battle running on the beach during 3 hours because there is no weapons to kill them (everything is nerf).

Other thing, you can't attack a ship with a explosive barrel because the developpers said it's a not wanted gameplay (oh sorry I play like a pirate).
Same thing for the oil jar (oh it's bad to attack ship with this weapon, it's a mickey mouse game). Why not removing oil jar too ?

So what we must do in this game ? Just farm and build house ? Are you serious ?

• Like 2

On 1/30/2019 at 6:26 PM, vaylain said:

Allowing players (griefers) to sink anchored and offline ships is NOT PVP it is merely a troll tactic. There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed? Do you want actual players or just a lot of trolls and griefers playing your game? If this is how you intend for your game to operate then I am forced to quit and return back to ARK but I am hoping that you have future plans to consider "offline raid protection" for anchored and offline ships?

The problem with ORP is this...if I am the only guy in my company who is logged in, and I see 30 people suddenly enter my server, what am I going to do?  The smart play is to log off and hope the ORP kicks in before they can do too much damage.  This is being used as a tactic on some unofficials that have ORP.

So, what is a better plan?  I suggested it a while back. 

1. Add a massive buff to company structures as their default state.  So much so that attacking structures is just too costly.
  2. War must be declared to debuff those structures.
  3. War is declared, and the opposition is notified instantly.
  4. Roughly 72 hours after war is declared, the debuff goes into effect.  This allows for drama...forming alliances, calling on Allies, maybe even a plea for peace.
  5. The debuff lasts for 4 hours.
  6. The debuff starts at a reasonable time...prime time U.S. for NA, and prime time Europe for EU server.  Unofficials could adjust this to cater to their player base.  More generous times could be offered for weekends.  The idea shouldn't be for some college students on break, to call for war at 3 am, knowing the other side will have too many people who can't stay up/get up at that time. 
  7. Ships anchored inside a claim should have the same buff, but lose it if they fire by player command, at other ships.
  8. This allows defenders to know the time of an attack, and have their people online, thus it is now PvP, not PvO.

23 minutes ago, koulikov said:

Other thing, you can't attack a ship with a explosive barrel because the developpers said it's a not wanted gameplay (oh sorry I play like a pirate).

Same thing for the oil jar (oh it's bad to attack ship with this weapon, it's a mickey mouse game). Why not removing oil jar too ?

Pirates couldn't carry enough explosives in their pocket to sink a Galleon, then pull out 30 oil jars, a bow, and 60 arrows, then pull out a Carbine and 100 rounds, and 6 pistols, with 100  rounds, while carrying enough food to feed an army, and a set of metal armor.

14 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Pirates couldn't carry enough explosives in their pocket to sink a Galleon, then pull out 30 oil jars, a bow, and 60 arrows, then pull out a Carbine and 100 rounds, and 6 pistols, with 100  rounds, while carrying enough food to feed an army, and a set of metal armor.

And you will tell me it's normal that a black powder pistol doesn't kill at close range ? And you can't open a wood door with an axe ? And that an Anchor ship gain 300% buff in real life ?

• Like 1

Just now, koulikov said:

And you will tell me it's normal that a black powder pistol doesn't kill at close range ? And you can't open a wood door with an axe ? And that an Anchor ship gain 300% buff in real life ?

No, I won't tell you that.  I think the player fired weapons are absurdly debuffed.  I will also not tell you that an Axe shouldn't be able to hack through a solid OAK door, though it should take a long time, and the sentry will have shot you in the back of the head while you do it, and the crew will wake up from all the racket, and come kill you.  So I do not think that sneaking onto a ship while the owner is offline, and hacking through his door, should be OK.  Not unless his NPCs can swarm you and kill you in 1 second, for attempting to break into their ship.  The NPC sweeping the deck shouldn't ignore you, and when there are three of them, you chances of living should be zero.

And in real life, anchored ships aren't unmanned, and the sleeping crew don't sleep through explosions, or axes hacking through their doors.

35 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

No, I won't tell you that.  I think the player fired weapons are absurdly debuffed.  I will also not tell you that an Axe shouldn't be able to hack through a solid OAK door, though it should take a long time, and the sentry will have shot you in the back of the head while you do it, and the crew will wake up from all the racket, and come kill you.  So I do not think that sneaking onto a ship while the owner is offline, and hacking through his door, should be OK.  Not unless his NPCs can swarm you and kill you in 1 second, for attempting to break into their ship.  The NPC sweeping the deck shouldn't ignore you, and when there are three of them, you chances of living should be zero.

And in real life, anchored ships aren't unmanned, and the sleeping crew don't sleep through explosions, or axes hacking through their doors.Ah it's 

You are at work and there is nobody at home. It's not ok to hack through your door house in real life ?
There is no robber in your world ?

Why you play a pirate game in fact ? I don't understand.

In the real world, there are no respawns, so you think twice before doing dumb stuff.  OK, so you want to break into ships with cannons on them.  That's a pirate ship, or a military ship.  Both would have crew sleeping on board, and sentries.  Try sneaking onto a navy ship, or find the meanest, most violent gang in your area...find their hangout, and break in.  Get back to us how that worked out for you.  Make sure to use an axe or other loud tool to break in with.   In fact, go to any house in your neighborhood and hack through the door with an axe.  Let us know how that works out for you.

Also, have you seen the size of those explosive barrels?  If you could even carry one, you are only carrying one, and nothing else, and you would be grunting, or breathing very heavy after just  little while of walking on a flat surface.  Now grapple onto a ship with s barrel that size.  Yeah, not happening.

FYI, people are tired of the offline crap in PvP games.  Especially with as easy as this company makes it.

24 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

In the real world, there are no respawns, so you think twice before doing dumb stuff.  OK, so you want to break into ships with cannons on them.  That's a pirate ship, or a military ship.  Both would have crew sleeping on board, and sentries.  Try sneaking onto a navy ship, or find the meanest, most violent gang in your area...find their hangout, and break in.  Get back to us how that worked out for you.  Make sure to use an axe or other loud tool to break in with.   In fact, go to any house in your neighborhood and hack through the door with an axe.  Let us know how that works out for you.

Also, have you seen the size of those explosive barrels?  If you could even carry one, you are only carrying one, and nothing else, and you would be grunting, or breathing very heavy after just  little while of walking on a flat surface.  Now grapple onto a ship with s barrel that size.  Yeah, not happening.

FYI, people are tired of the offline crap in PvP games.  Especially with as easy as this company makes it.

Yes the explosives barrels are heavy but 2 or 3 men can carry it and in real life the damage won't be ridiculous 2500 on wood plank.

If I hack a basic house, I prefer to use my brain and do some lock picking instead of using an axe (but I respect the laws and I do it only in video games).

Anyway In Atlas it's not possible to hack and we wonder why there is some piracy skill ?

Is Atlas just a farming simulator ? Why putting unrealistic protection on everything (ship, land, weapon,...)? You have see some code pin on cannons in year around 1600 ?

1 hour ago, koulikov said:

Yes the explosives barrels are heavy but 2 or 3 men can carry it and in real life the damage won't be ridiculous 2500 on wood plank.

If I hack a basic house, I prefer to use my brain and do some lock picking instead of using an axe (but I respect the laws and I do it only in video games).

Anyway In Atlas it's not possible to hack and we wonder why there is some piracy skill ?

Is Atlas just a farming simulator ? Why putting unrealistic protection on everything (ship, land, weapon,...)? You have see some code pin on cannons in year around 1600 ?

I think you underestimate how fragile those ships were.  You do realize that they took full broadsides from opposing ships, and continued to fight.  When rough and famous fight between a British and American Schooner, during the war of 1812, the fight lasted 15 minutes, though they were at point blank range, and only ended because the American Captain locked the ships together, and led his men onboard the enemy ship, which caused them to surrender.  Look up the battle of the St, Lawrence and the Chasseur.

Unless you put that barrel in the bun poweder storage magazine, it's not going to sink the ship, and as I said, you aren't going to climb a rope ladder with it, or grapple onto the ship with it.  Yes, it would take several men to carry them on board, using a gang plank from a dock, or using a pulley system from onboard the ship.

The problem, again, is that too many players look for the easy path to victory, not the challenging one, thus instead of fighting each other, they seek to offline the other side.  I myself would enjoy building a ship, and then accepting challenges to duel with others.  Amazing how few want to do just that.

I proposed a war declaration system that would promote actual pvp.  You chose not to comment on it. 

If we're going with real life then everyone in the game needs to die at some point.  No respawns and you cannot purchase another copy of the game.  This line of argument is dumb.  Stop it. 

10 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The problem with ORP is this...if I am the only guy in my company who is logged in, and I see 30 people suddenly enter my server, what am I going to do?  The smart play is to log off and hope the ORP kicks in before they can do too much damage.  This is being used as a tactic on some unofficials that have ORP.

So, what is a better plan?  I suggested it a while back. 

1. Add a massive buff to company structures as their default state.  So much so that attacking structures is just too costly.
  2. War must be declared to debuff those structures.
  3. War is declared, and the opposition is notified instantly.
  4. Roughly 72 hours after war is declared, the debuff goes into effect.  This allows for drama...forming alliances, calling on Allies, maybe even a plea for peace.
  5. The debuff lasts for 4 hours.
  6. The debuff starts at a reasonable time...prime time U.S. for NA, and prime time Europe for EU server.  Unofficials could adjust this to cater to their player base.  More generous times could be offered for weekends.  The idea shouldn't be for some college students on break, to call for war at 3 am, knowing the other side will have too many people who can't stay up/get up at that time. 
  7. Ships anchored inside a claim should have the same buff, but lose it if they fire by player command, at other ships.
  8. This allows defenders to know the time of an attack, and have their people online, thus it is now PvP, not PvO.

So you are alone and you see 30 players come on the server and you chose to log off and hope that ORP flag kicks in. Big deal, so those raiders can simply find another player's base to raid. End of story, there is nothing wrong with this. Obviously, you are not ready to fight a pvp battle and they can just go somewhere else and to get their sick fix. If they really desired to have a great battle and not just offline raid then they will be more than happy to return when your company is all online and ready to fight. They did NOT lose anything at all by simply going to another player's base if they really needed to raid someone...

Edited by vaylain

On 2/2/2019 at 10:17 PM, labatts said:

No just means a bunch of carebears whined and complained because they were getting raided in a PVP game. All of you that are crying now about being offlined wont be around in a month after they add those protections anyways because you will still be destroyed and cant handle it and quit. That goes for if they even make it around to doing that. All of you entitled cry babies just need to go to PVE so you cant be raided or go to unofficial where the server is setup the way you want it already with ORP. Just wait if they do add ORP to official server it will be abused / exploited to the point you all will be crying about that same way it is in Ark. And as for the last part about solo players I play solo and live in a lawless area where I have not been raided base has been there for 2 weeks now. 

Again, raiding is NOT the same thing as offline raiding. One is PVP the other is griefing. It's obvious which you prefer to commit...

On 2/12/2019 at 2:40 AM, Critor said:

This is very strange, @labatts seems to be in the minority of comments asking for the game to remain as is. It seems that the majority of comments i've read are in favour of some form of ORP.

Or.... maybe the real players are in the game PLAYING or have moved on while the entitled players are all on the forums still whining? 😉  

Like many others, I have stopped playing the game so you will not be seeing my sporadic opinion on things any longer on this forum as it really does not matter to me what happens with this game anymore. While I did get some enjoyment out of it, the game just did not hold my interest all that long nor do I feel it has half the potential of DnL (map size means little) and we saw how fast they tossed that game aside and neglected it. The first red flag that there are some serious game mechanic (basic 101) flaws is when you see 8 out of 10 players jumping in fire or seeking out another type of intentional death rather than try and meet the nutrition requirements in this SURVIVAL game and I am not even going to mention the asinine mandated fountain of youth mechanic. 😲 

At this point, it does not appear that much (including  preventing offline raiding) will help the decline of players in Atlas as the game is..... well, it is just not that good and many are already bored of the content and broken game mechanics. If you do not see the writing on the wall, rather than sit and argue, I invite you to bookmark this page and come back and re-read this statement in six months and then 12 months while looking at numbers.  

My time on this forum was sporadic, coming and going while playing the game or other games and once I post this and close the forum, I will not look back.  With that said, my or any other player's absence of sharing opinion on this forum does NOT indicate how any of us feel about a specific argument or debate, it simply means we placed the priority of playing or doing something (anything) else over trying to argue with entitled complainers on game forums. One has the potential of being enjoyable, the other is a lose-lose situation every single time. 

Why do I say lose-lose? Given the majority of the audience that usually gravitates towards game forums that stay and linger around whining constantly about the game and demanding it needs to be changed immediately and tailored around them, spending time posting on these forums is just not productive. Well, unless you are one of the entitled  snowflakes that needs that kumbaya moment where other entitled snowflakes agree with you and declares that your/their opinion is the majority simply based on others refusing to wade into the toxic cesspool after you.....For these people, it might be a win-win. 

In fact, I can say without hesitation that every minute I spent on this forum was a complete waste of my time including this very post given the audience it is going out to as most of the real gamers are off still trying to find reason to keep playing or have moved on to bigger and better things.

While most 'normal' gamers avoid gaming forums like the plague, there are always a few of us that will jump into the entitlement mosh pit when we get bored (happens less with a good game) and bang our head against the wall a few times before moving on. We know the wall is brick, we know that brick is not intelligent and cannot have a productive discussion but we just need to bang our head against it a few times out of boredom or slight masochistic tendencies before moving on?  

Also Critor, it is fairly well known that people are more likely to reach out (forum post, online article comments, contacting customer service, asking to speak with a manager of a business, expressing opinion in polls ect) when they have negative feedback to share rather than positive so is it really a surprise that you see more snowflakes complaining about the game and how it HAS to be changed for them while real gamers are off playing rather than posting on a forum trying to have a productive conversation with a entitled tantrum thrower? (rhetorical question, I won't be around for the answer) I honestly think the odds of being bitten by a shark on land in the desert has better odds than getting through to one of the entitled demanders. 

My suggestion to everyone on this forum, use the forum to submit bugs and stop the endless complaining about everything YOU want changed and tailored around you and go enjoy the damn game while it still has some players.

Happy gaming all!!!! 

Base raiding had a distinct reason in ARK. You were all on one map your base could be reached in 10 minutes from anywhere on the map. You burned your enemies because if not there would be no peace.

Atlas is much different in this regard. There is no reason to allow total base destruction it would make more sense to have a mechanic where Pirates took over a base for as long as they remained and could loot it dry if they were not apprehended.  Pirates do not have a reason to base raid aside from collecting the loot.

7 hours ago, StewPot said:

Base raiding had a distinct reason in ARK. You were all on one map your base could be reached in 10 minutes from anywhere on the map. You burned your enemies because if not there would be no peace.

Atlas is much different in this regard. There is no reason to allow total base destruction it would make more sense to have a mechanic where Pirates took over a base for as long as they remained and could loot it dry if they were not apprehended.  Pirates do not have a reason to base raid aside from collecting the loot.

All on one map? Did you even play the game? That was only the case at the very start. Since about 2016 you have been able to transfer chars, dinos and items between servers to raid.

19 hours ago, Itsme said:

Or.... maybe the real players are in the game PLAYING or have moved on while the entitled players are all on the forums still whining? 😉  

Like many others, I have stopped playing the game so you will not be seeing my sporadic opinion on things any longer on this forum as it really does not matter to me what happens with this game anymore. While I did get some enjoyment out of it, the game just did not hold my interest all that long nor do I feel it has half the potential of DnL (map size means little) and we saw how fast they tossed that game aside and neglected it. The first red flag that there are some serious game mechanic (basic 101) flaws is when you see 8 out of 10 players jumping in fire or seeking out another type of intentional death rather than try and meet the nutrition requirements in this SURVIVAL game and I am not even going to mention the asinine mandated fountain of youth mechanic. 😲  

At this point, it does not appear that much (including  preventing offline raiding) will help the decline of players in Atlas as the game is..... well, it is just not that good and many are already bored of the content and broken game mechanics. If you do not see the writing on the wall, rather than sit and argue, I invite you to bookmark this page and come back and re-read this statement in six months and then 12 months while looking at numbers.   

My time on this forum was sporadic, coming and going while playing the game or other games and once I post this and close the forum, I will not look back.  With that said, my or any other player's absence of sharing opinion on this forum does NOT indicate how any of us feel about a specific argument or debate, it simply means we placed the priority of playing or doing something (anything) else over trying to argue with entitled complainers on game forums. One has the potential of being enjoyable, the other is a lose-lose situation every single time.  

Why do I say lose-lose? Given the majority of the audience that usually gravitates towards game forums that stay and linger around whining constantly about the game and demanding it needs to be changed immediately and tailored around them, spending time posting on these forums is just not productive. Well, unless you are one of the entitled  snowflakes that needs that kumbaya moment where other entitled snowflakes agree with you and declares that your/their opinion is the majority simply based on others refusing to wade into the toxic cesspool after you.....For these people, it might be a win-win.  

In fact, I can say without hesitation that every minute I spent on this forum was a complete waste of my time including this very post given the audience it is going out to as most of the real gamers are off still trying to find reason to keep playing or have moved on to bigger and better things.

While most 'normal' gamers avoid gaming forums like the plague, there are always a few of us that will jump into the entitlement mosh pit when we get bored (happens less with a good game) and bang our head against the wall a few times before moving on. We know the wall is brick, we know that brick is not intelligent and cannot have a productive discussion but we just need to bang our head against it a few times out of boredom or slight masochistic tendencies before moving on?  

Also Critor, it is fairly well known that people are more likely to reach out (forum post, online article comments, contacting customer service, asking to speak with a manager of a business, expressing opinion in polls ect) when they have negative feedback to share rather than positive so is it really a surprise that you see more snowflakes complaining about the game and how it HAS to be changed for them while real gamers are off playing rather than posting on a forum trying to have a productive conversation with a entitled tantrum thrower? (rhetorical question, I won't be around for the answer) I honestly think the odds of being bitten by a shark on land in the desert has better odds than getting through to one of the entitled demanders. 

My suggestion to everyone on this forum, use the forum to submit bugs and stop the endless complaining about everything YOU want changed and tailored around you and go enjoy the damn game while it still has some players.

Happy gaming all!!!!  

Bye.

Now to address the drivel above.  This game is EA.  Literally, every person should come here and voice their opinion of that they like, AND don't like about the game, and honestly, posting what you don't like is more important.  Why?  Because one thing he said is true, gamers...customers of any product, are more likely to say something about what they don't like.  Devs know that, so nothing said is a sign that all is well, and they are on the right track.

It's simply not deniable that the player base has shrunk drastically.  I just read a post on the discord for the 5x5 I played on that just went to a 3x3, and one of the guys posted about how in the 7 hours while he was offline, somebody totally wiped his base.  His friend said that was it, he was done, and so he also was done.  He complained that there was literally no way to protect a base. He's right, and the point is, the game needs changes, but this is EA, and that is what happens in EA, but only when people voice what they don't like about the game.  So it was a foolish post to whine that people give feedback.   Like it or not, feedback is often negative.  That's life.  Suck it up and put on your big boy pants.  Stop acting like a baby over the fact that people give feedback.  I for one, talk to everyone I game with, and get their feedback, and pass it on.  Just as I did with what the guy said in Discord.  I do it because not enough people give their opinions.  It would be better if people came here and did so, long before quitting the game.  What would YOU rather have?  People just quitting the game, and leaving, or would you rather they give feedback, which might get some things fixed?

Well here's the other thing...without a solid amount of people wanting to play the game, you won't have a game.  Maybe if this game dies, you will still be able to find some unofficial servers to play on.  Maybe.  I would rather see it thrive, but to thrive, it must change...not because I, or anybody else who gives feedback simply must have it our way...it must change because what is on the table is being rejected.  So instead of telling your mates that you aren't a real gamer if you come here and give feedback, tell them it's actually their duty to do so, if they would like to see this game thrive.

So now that that that is on the table, let's talk about some honest truths.  People demanded the ability to respec almost at will.  Right?  People jump in fires to fix their vitamins.  Right?  People don't like their base, or ships getting offlined.  People don't like their bases getting wiped, right?  People don't like all their passive tames getting killed, just because some sadist thinks it's funny, right?  This is why some people play on unofficial servers.  I have played both official and unofficial, so let me tell you what is good about unofficial.

First, in unofficial, not one time did I see any island completely ringed with either bases of small companies allied with each other, nor did I see gates spammed everywhere.  What does this mean in terms of gameplay?  Easy.  There was not one single Island I saw, that I did not make landfall on.  As I immersed in the sailing of my ships, I felt like a real explorer/pirate, getting to explore an island I had never been to.  I was not afraid to take my bears, elephants, rhinos, etc..and go ashore and search for resources, or treasure.

Let me also state a few facts.  The Devs of WWIIOL knew, and stated, that the perfect game has the average players attaining a 1 to 1 success/fail ratio.  Like it or not, each of us are the stars of our own personal SOAP Opera, and everybody else are extras.  So, other people are not going to stick around to just be your punching bag.  I will brag a bit here simply to make a point.  I mentioned earlier that the #2 guy at the company had kind words for me after following me.  What he told me was that while I always finished somewhere towards the middle of the top 25 tankers (7th to18th), he said they all agreed I was the best.  Why?  I was the only one who never cut supply to get my kills.  Always attacking and defending towns and ABs.  Even with this, my K/D ratio was only 4 to 1.  As a result of their thinking, the game is still being played, 18 years later.

Now, this in mind, it frustrates me that some of the top players in games are always trying to put together "dream teams" of the best players.  That's cancer to games.  Star Marine, for those who are familiar with it, had this problem.  A couple of teams build those dream teams, and played that game a lot to get in the top of the leaderboards.  As a result, they would get insane scores, 40-2, 50-4, etc...while other players were getting 1-15, 4-17, etc...  People don't stick around for that.  Games are just better when you focus on playing with people you like, and not building dream teams.  People used to understand this concept.  Used to be that if you were going to play a game of basketball, or football, etc., you had two people take turns choosing players.  Sucked if you always got chosen last, but you had a better time that way, than if you were always on the losing team.

How does that relate to this game?  People don't like playing games that they feel cater to the Megas.  Or to people who can stay up to 4 in the morning and offline you.  People don't like to play when they feel that their failure is coded into the game.  One thing Star Citizen is going to have right is that 9 of 10 ships you see in the universe will be NPCs.  What this means is that even if the "Eeelight" units have a lot of success, so too will average players.  Think of this like NCAA football.  Why does the league allow so many games between the big schools like Florida, and little schools like Florida A&M?  One reason is the money...OKAY, the main reason is the money, but what that does is allow Florida, even in a down year, to have a good shot at a winning record.  They could lose most of their Conference games, but still have a 6-6 year.  The money men in the NCAA know that this is easier for the fans to accept, than a few years of 2 wins and 10 losses.  Thus the fans keep coming.  What that means is that this game should put in a fair amount of different kinds of ships, with different loot in them.  Sloops, Schooners, and other types of ships.  Give people something to chase down and pirate.  Even those who would lost most PvP battles, will have decent success with those.  And it adds to the PvE servers.  Literally, anything you might need in the game should be on those ships.  The goal should be for them to stop after some damage, and allow the pirates to take what they want.   Just as was done in real life.  Armor items, BPs, weapons, ammo, food, resources, full range of tames varying in level, very low to very high, by roll of the dice, etc...

The focus should be on being at sea, not building bases.  If we are going to have a base, it should really be about just rebuilding a ship, when your ship gets sunk.  A place to store gathering/scouting tames.  Battle tames should be about fighting the NPC bosses, AotD, etc...not other players.  Our fights against each other should be exclusively on ships.

Bases should be small compared to what you see on official.  A place to store some stuff, craft stuff, and store the tames.  It should fit inside one claim.  One sea claim should establish your port.  These should be near indestructible, and like with Star Citizen, when your people log off, the ships should despawn.  No offlining them.  The Claims should have defense as part of the claim, that 100% win any battle against anyone who comes to mess with your stuff.  This game should be about battles at sea, and in the wild, not about wiping people's bases.  This isn't just me talking.  I listen to what people complain about on the various Atlas Discords I am a member of...5 of them...and what people say in game.  Some I know recently went to PvE because they were tired of their stuff always getting offlined, or getting attacked when they were not prepared, or undermanned for the fight.  I listen.

Maybe the problem the guy above has is that he likes offline raiding, and hates that so many other people do not.  Maybe he is the entitled snowflake that can't handle that he is in the minority opinion on this.  What he fails to realize is that being offlined makes you feel like your failure is hard coded into the game, and people will not stick around for that.

/my2piecesof8

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
spelling and grammar
  • Like 1