vaylain

There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed?

1 minute ago, labatts said:

Did you play ark at all ? 

Yes and i hate every minute of it. And before you ask, i play atlas because of it's eve-ish aspects.

Just now, labatts said:

Then why are you not playing EVE ?

That's a dumb question to ask. Why are people playing different games? Why are you not playing ark?

Because i like the age of sail setting? Because it's something new and i want to give it a chance? Because the devs said they were inspired by eve? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

That's a dumb question to ask. Why are people playing different games? Why are you not playing ark?

Because i like the age of sail setting? Because it's something new and i want to give it a chance? Because the devs said they were inspired by eve? 

I still do play ark. I was just curious if you quit that game for a certain reason or not. Just because the devs say they are inspired by a game doesnt mean that they have to add those aspects from the game into Atlas w hich i hope they do not. But anyways works over time for Atlas thanks. 

Edited by labatts

5 hours ago, Not Happy said:

I am saying you are 100% right, no really. I am.

All those people online when others are offline due to their respective schedules. What can they do? Who can they raid? It's an unsolvable mystery and conundrum.

We will require the worlds greatest, nay GREATEST minds to solve this.

In my experience, those that have a difficult time countering with valid points will often resort to either insults or sarcasm so as you seem to be one of these individuals, let me stoop to your level and respond in kind. 

As you appear to be implying that those online should only attack those currently online, maybe those who are online can simply knock on doors of those they want to attack to see who is home and wait a couple hours on the doorstep just in case the intended target is busy raiding somewhere , collecting resources or sailing? Perhaps a global shout-out to let the group know you are coming and to check all of the player's time zones or work schedules and get something penciled in on their calendar? Oh, and if you are out sailing and see a base you want to hit and someone from that base shows up while you are sitting on the doorstep waiting for someone to appear before initiating the raid, don't engage- stop and ask how many of their company is sleeping as who knows, maybe the company is made up of US and EU and half might be sleeping when you want to raid and we certainly do not want to add semi-offline whining to the forums. 

Gotta love all these pve players that want to hide behind the facade of a pvp title.  My company took a small island and spent the day moving a lot of resources to the new island and was hit hard the first night by a chinese group after everyone logged. We lost everything we had as we focused more on the base than on our defenses. This was OUR fault for having weak defenses, not those attacking when we were sleeping. Instead of running to the forum to whine about offline raiding, we placed our energy into defense. The next night we were hit again by another (different) chinese group but the defenses we now had in place stalled them enough that two people were able to stop the raid in the early morning before the enemy got too far in by spawning into beds on one of the mortar platforms they failed to take down. We sunk their ships and ended up coming out ahead with salvage. Yes, two people that work days actually made an effort to log in before leaving for work as they know offline raiding is a thing (much more productive than whining) and they quickly handled a raid in progress with the defenses we had in place. 

Keep in mind, we only had defenses that could handle this offline raid because instead of coming to the forums to whine about how unfair offline raiding is, we focused even harder on placing manned npc cannon towers and mortar platforms around the entire island to spawn in on, added a lot of NPC puckles around the base and some of the players in our group (myself included) adapted by logging in earlier than they normally would or before work to check the island. We also added a couple of EU players that would be online during times many of us are not. Every day some time is spent on adjusting and/or adding defenses or farming gold for all our NPC defenses and no one has made it into our base again, we simply wake up to a lot of messages that start: 'your company killed 'x'. 

If a large company with a huge fleet comes in, they will very likely get through all our defenses but it will not be an easy task for them and we will go down fighting. Every single player in my company had the choice to join a large mega company and we have had offers to merge so we cannot complain if we lose what we have to one of these larger groups, our play-style was our choice. If more of the entitled silver spoon-fed crowd would spend time adapting and adjusting to the mechanics of the game rather than complaining, we ALL would be better off. 

My suggestion to everyone is to stop whining about offline raiding and focus that energy into defenses. If your defense cannot handle the resource you are trying to secure and retain, then you deserve to lose it. Just because you settled somewhere 'first' does not mean you are entitled to keep something- EARN IT. This is a survival of the fittest so adapt by taking a less attractive /more remote piece of land, focus on defense for when you are away or offline, make/add nearby allies, add players with different core playing hours, grow your company, merge your company, or go make a new character on the PVE server as you do not understand the basics of a survival PVP game,  you only understand your whiny entitled snowflake version of it. 

• Like 1

All that doesn't invalidate the fact that there's no fun in offline raiding. It's easier to raid while the enemy is offline and people will choose to offline you 9 times out of 10, even if the defender has almost no chance in a fair fight. It takes away from PvP while adding nothing to it. We didn't buy a PvP MMO to play tower defence where ships are getting sunk at docks much more often than at sea.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

All that doesn't invalidate the fact that there's no fun in offline raiding. It's easier to raid while the enemy is offline and people will choose to offline you 9 times out of 10, even if the defender has almost no chance in a fair fight. It takes away from PvP while adding nothing to it. We didn't buy a PvP MMO to play tower defence where ships are getting sunk at docks much more often than at sea.

So everyone playing this game should abide by YOUR sense of fun????lol 

Although this game is described as a pvp survival game, there is much more to this game than 'active pvp' and raiding and resources are a big part of survival.  I know a lot of people that simply take pleasure in pillaging and plundering and destroying things (this is a PIRATE game after-all) so your definition of fun might simply be different from theirs. 

There are a lot of people that play this game for resources so if they are successful in a raid getting those resources, the sense of accomplishment (subjective fun for some) may be the same even without someone defending what they were attempting to take. These resources will likely be used for fun against the next company they are attacking that may all be online defending. Just because your sense of fun may differ from someone else sense of fun, this does not mean everyone in this game only has fun according to your 'fun rules'.  

While my company doesn't specifically target those offline, we also don't set up a calendar invite nor do we sit on that doorstep. The morning we log in to an offline raid in progress, I promise you, our guys HAD fun. We also retaliated against one of the chinese companies that originally attacked our base (could not locate the other) and we didn't give a crap what their schedule was, we did it on our time, a time that was convenient for us and yes, we certainly had fun. 

Bottom line, don't try to mandate your sense of fun to others and perhaps you should have looked into the mechanics of this pirate game before you made the purchase rather than purchase it and complain about how it was designed? 

Sigh..... I realized after writing my last post that the person I was responding to is an RPr attempting to play this game as a solo player and is angry about being raided. In hindsight, I feel that trying to have a productive conversation with this type of person regarding the mechanics of this game is about as effective as having a debate on why the 13 year old adolescent girl with a bright pink neon skirt outfit that decided to go to the front lines of a battle without gear and a weapon is not a good idea. 

As someone that has played solo in other survival games like DnL, Conan Exiles and Ark ect, I knew this game was not structured around solo play before I even purchased it. Nonetheless, I started out solo and after a few base wipes in lawless, I took off my neon pink skirt and adapted. I suggest everyone whining about the big mean mega companies or offline raiding do the same. ADAPT- SURVIVE 

Edited by Itsme
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Itsme said:

No but there's PvP and then there's bullshit. Offline raiding is bullshit.

59 minutes ago, Itsme said:

I realized after writing my last post that the person I was responding to is an RPr attempting to play this game as a solo player and is angry about being raided.

Just because i do things other than farming for another layer of puckleguns doesn't mean i'm angry about being raided. I don't even care about having a base, my group has one and when it's gone i won't be mad over it because having one is pointless anyway. I was in a large group and after seeing the "large scale PvP" this game has to offer i decided it's just not worth it.

56 minutes ago, Itsme said:

I suggest everyone whining about the big mean mega companies or offline raiding do the same.

Nah, people will just leave and then you can finally enjoy pvp'ing with no other players in sight at all.

17 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

No but there's PvP and then there's bullshit. Offline raiding is bullshit.

Just because i do things other than farming for another layer of puckleguns doesn't mean i'm angry about being raided. I don't even care about having a base, my group has one and when it's gone i won't be mad over it because having one is pointless anyway. I was in a large group and after seeing the "large scale PvP" this game has to offer i decided it's just not worth it.

Nah, people will just leave and then you can finally enjoy pvp'ing with no other players in sight at all.

Yes there will be people that leave that is a given over time. But there is still a ton of people that like to play the game as the PVP structure is setup now. There are loads of people still playing on official ark servers and the same will happen here. As long as the devs keep fixing and bringing new things to the game. 

Lucky the devs have already seen the danger and I hope their actions in March reflect the need to retain new players and help them establish themselves so this game can grow past the griefers, it’s far to easy to offline at the present time, most of it from what I have seen is also for zero benefit.

Please also think about kicking large companies with flagged land off of lawless land, they should not be able to establish massive bases with ai that kill any new players (if they have flagged land only) in fact mostly kill new players who are searching the coast for a spot to settle as this is where all new players head to and it is another nail in the coffin of retaining new players 

thank you

Edited by Dosomething
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dosomething said:

Lucky the devs have already seen the danger and I hope their actions in March reflect the need to retain new players and help them establish themselves so this game can grow past the griefers, it’s far to easy to offline at the present time, most of it from what I have seen is also for zero benefit.

Please also think about kicking large companies with flagged land off of lawless land, they should not be able to establish massive bases with ai that kill any new players (if they have flagged land only) in fact mostly kill new players who are searching the coast for a spot to settle as this is where all new players head to and it is another nail in the coffin of retaining new players 

thank you

I agree it is to easy to offline. And hopefully they dont take the extreme measure and make bases immune to damage when companies go offline, but rather make them more resistant. As for retaining new players there are many other major issues at play that need to be fixed for this to happen. I would like to see more done with either adding more lawless zones and keeping companies that have land claims from building there and give possible solo players and small companies a chance to build up a little bit more. 

23 hours ago, Itsme said:

Although this game is described as a pvp survival game, there is much more to this game than 'active pvp' and raiding and resources are a big part of survival.  I know a lot of people that simply take pleasure in pillaging and plundering and destroying things (this is a PIRATE game after-all) so your definition of fun might simply be different from theirs. 

There are a lot of people that play this game for resources so if they are successful in a raid getting those resources, the sense of accomplishment (subjective fun for some) may be the same even without someone defending what they were attempting to take. These resources will likely be used for fun against the next company they are attacking that may all be online defending. Just because your sense of fun may differ from someone else sense of fun, this does not mean everyone in this game only has fun according to your 'fun rules'.  

While my company doesn't specifically target those offline, we also don't set up a calendar invite nor do we sit on that doorstep. The morning we log in to an offline raid in progress, I promise you, our guys HAD fun. We also retaliated against one of the chinese companies that originally attacked our base (could not locate the other) and we didn't give a crap what their schedule was, we did it on our time, a time that was convenient for us and yes, we certainly had fun. 

Bottom line, don't try to mandate your sense of fun to others and perhaps you should have looked into the mechanics of this pirate game before you made the purchase rather than purchase it and complain about how it was designed? 

Sigh..... I realized after writing my last post that the person I was responding to is an RPr attempting to play this game as a solo player and is angry about being raided. In hindsight, I feel that trying to have a productive conversation with this type of person regarding the mechanics of this game is about as effective as having a debate on why the 13 year old adolescent girl with a bright pink neon skirt outfit that decided to go to the front lines of a battle without gear and a weapon is not a good idea. 

As someone that has played solo in other survival games like DnL, Conan Exiles and Ark ect, I knew this game was not structured around solo play before I even purchased it. Nonetheless, I started out solo and after a few base wipes in lawless, I took off my neon pink skirt and adapted. I suggest everyone whining about the big mean mega companies or offline raiding do the same. ADAPT- SURVIVE 

So, it's pretty apparent here that you're so vehemently defending the tried and true offline base-raid because you benefit from it. Lets take a step back and look at this objectively because you clearly lack the ability to empathize with others who aren't as fortunate as yourself. And while I'm still on that point, to take that a little bit further... you're just spewing libertarian jargon into a video game.

Obviously "fun" is an opinion. If the structure of the game doesn't prevent or discourage offline raiding tactics then it's perfectly viable. It's like people complaining about the zergling rush in Starcraft back in the day... if it works, it's going to be utilized. If there isn't a viable defense, it's going to be abused. If it isn't addressed in forward-motion, it's going to break the community. This happens every day in real life and otherwise. I'd feel comfortable assuming most people who play video games competitively would describe "fun" as winning. Winning, on its own, can be described as many different things, so that's just another opinion when it comes down to it, but suffice to sum it up as "winning" is "fun". Now with that loosely established, there's a line that has to be drawn there. If you play for a professional NFL team and you go play against a college Junior Varsity team, winning isn't going to be much fun. It's assumed you're going to win, and when you do, there's not much you're going to gain from it. It's barely quantifiable as a win because it wasn't ever competitive. This is true even from a psychological standpoint. There's no fulfillment or satisfaction in what we call a "gimme". Guess how you could describe offline raiding? Take a shot in the dark.

To revisit the earlier point, you're discussing the mechanics of a game in early access and in a clearly untested vicinity of development. If you think that these mechanics are concrete and unchanging then you clearly didn't learn much from the other survival games you claim you played. Games like these typically evolve at incredible paces due to the overwhelming community feedback. Also like I mentioned earlier, it's apparent you're just looking out for your gravy train - I get that and I'm not even mad at it. I've played damn-near everything out there as well, with the majority of my experience and enjoyment coming from EVE. What you're doing is practically the only consistent meta in EVE. Find something that works? Defend that shit and keep it copacetic for as long as possible. Google search the Rooks and Kings/Aperature Harmonics story and you'll see how shit like this can become so incredibly cancerous that groups in the game literally corner tens of thousands of other players by advocating to developers why changing the game to offset their "gravy train" is a "bad thing". In this example, you would be part of that community that wants to keep the game skewed to your benefit. It's a totally human thing to do, but it's also fairly despicable when you stop and examine it.

I'm not in favor of invulnerability while logged off. I'm not in favor of free targets while people are logged off either. There's got to be some kind of middle ground that can be achieved here. I notice you didn't mention you played EVE, but I think you'd be really satisfied with the way the developers of EVE tackled this kind of issue. EVE relies on what's called the Sov System. Sov standing for sovereignty. If you don't take the time to claim sov in a system then your structures can be destroyed just like anything else. If you DO claim sov then there are mechanics in place to prevent your structures from just being steamrolled by the first group to come across it. They have to attack a particular structure with massive amounts of hitpoints. It's designed this way so that it's not just a 2 minute stop-and-go... if you want to destroy somebody's stuff then you need to invest the time and effort with the proper weapons to make it viable. Once you do, a timer starts counting down - usually between 8 and 15 hours, but can be longer or shorter depending on how it's set up. This is done in order to give the defenders ample time to log in, review the logs and figure out what's going on, and then coordinate with their group to defend their structures when the timer hits 0. Attackers like this for two reasons - one, it provides content. People in EVE have learned that attacking structures that don't shoot back is fucking boring. It just is. Nobody complains about free loot but nobody wants to spend an hour or two literally just sitting there watching a structure burn down. Good content is good fights, and good fights tend to happen when people have something to defend that they really don't want to lose. The second reason is two-fold.... If the defenders show up and give a good fight, win or lose, the attackers typically won't destroy their structures because the real objective was the good fight. The second reason for this is that if the defenders don't show up to defend it or show up with a really overwhelming force to discourage any kind of good fight, it's a great day for everyone because everyone's waiting for those big fights to break out. Suddenly the major powerblocks of the game come out to play because the small brawls just aren't worth their time.

A small disclaimer here would be that obviously not everybody plays by the rules. Fortunately, the sov system can't be circumvented without major scamming and espionage, so there just isn't a way to grenade people's stuff when they're logged off unless those people are within your company or alliance.

TL;DR - EVE online has had this sorted out for a decade. It's frustrating seeing all these people rattle on and on about solutions when it's already perfectly on display within EVE. Just go read about it instead of pandering on and on about all these newfangled solutions and whatever. It's like everybody around here wants to reinvent the wheel...

• Like 3

I agree with Vaylain 100%. What i'm wondering is why people don't agree, do you honestly play Atlas 24/7 to the point you don't sleep? Or maybe  you haven't experienced being griefed because you're in a big clan that likes to terrorize people in game even though they pose no threat. There is a difference between PvP and griefing. I've had such a bad experience with NoNoNo  that I cant even stand to play NA PvP anymore, I hate it now. "Im gonna make sure you hate this game and never play again." is what it feels like they're saying. You could be building a little hut and out of nowhere they appear and kill you steal your stuff, then you're back a square 1, make your metal tools. Half of us have to live on lawless lands because all big companies are too egotistic to share their land and they'll still go out of their way to go to lawless lands say its "theirs" and unleash. I cant express how frustrating it is... I dont care if its PvP, there is a boundary.

Its like why don't you go pick on a crew your own size. Or do some treasure maps, bullies.

Edited by Smartie

The issue, imo, is there is no way to define 'offline' in a way that wont be completely abused.

That said, I think it is fundamental to the game to have a boat and be able to travel.  It sucks to log in, spend your day building a boat to have fun with, and then have to repeat the process the next day, never getting to the travel and enjoyment part.

My solution would be to make it so you can put an NPC on your boat in a freeport and it will repair as long as it has gold and materials. You could even restrict to schooner and smaller if you felt the need. Increase decay rate if needed. Make it so the gold cost for a repairing NPC forces people to be out earning gold every day.

Yes, people could abuse this to store stuff in safety, but there are ways to do that already, so who cares? It means a lot more boats moving around on the water, a lot more fun for people, and thus more players playing the game.

12 hours ago, Smartie said:

I agree with Vaylain 100%. What i'm wondering is why people don't agree, do you honestly play Atlas 24/7 to the point you don't sleep? Or maybe  you haven't experienced being griefed because you're in a big clan that likes to terrorize people in game even though they pose no threat. There is a difference between PvP and griefing. I've had such a bad experience with NoNoNo  that I cant even stand to play NA PvP anymore, I hate it now. "Im gonna make sure you hate this game and never play again." is what it feels like they're saying. You could be building a little hut and out of nowhere they appear and kill you steal your stuff, then you're back a square 1, make your metal tools. Half of us have to live on lawless lands because all big companies are too egotistic to share their land and they'll still go out of their way to go to lawless lands say its "theirs" and unleash. I cant express how frustrating it is... I dont care if its PvP, there is a boundary.

Its like why don't you go pick on a crew your own size. Or do some treasure maps, bullies.

Yes I have experienced griefing and i have meet up with NoNoNo. The griefer i griefed back and they ended up moving to another server. As with No clan i just went around their territory. As for me playing 24/7 no i only play a couple hours a day and am enjoying the PVP server with no limitations to the raiding, and also live on lawless land. I am not against having an offline system where bases and ships have a structure Buff where it will take way more explosives etc to break in. I am against 100% offline immunity where if a company is offline their structures and ships take 0 damage. And in a PVP i belive there should be no safe zones, yes I know there is now and wish it would change which unfortunately wont happen. Also the map is huge why not move away from Nonono company and try again. And you complaining about large companies owning / claiming all the land that is what this game is meant to be. You as a solo person shouldnt have the RIGHT to own it if you want it take it by force or make a deal with another company. I know several companies out there that will let you build on their island with a tax of course. 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, Itsme said:

Apparently you are just fine with them abiding with your sense of fun though. Lol?

• Confused 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:32 AM, Itsme said:

In my experience, those that have a difficult time countering with valid points will often resort to either insults or sarcasm so as you seem to be one of these individuals, let me stoop to your level and respond in kind. 

As you appear to be implying that those online should only attack those currently online, maybe those who are online can simply knock on doors of those they want to attack to see who is home and wait a couple hours on the doorstep just in case the intended target is busy raiding somewhere , collecting resources or sailing? Perhaps a global shout-out to let the group know you are coming and to check all of the player's time zones or work schedules and get something penciled in on their calendar? Oh, and if you are out sailing and see a base you want to hit and someone from that base shows up while you are sitting on the doorstep waiting for someone to appear before initiating the raid, don't engage- stop and ask how many of their company is sleeping as who knows, maybe the company is made up of US and EU and half might be sleeping when you want to raid and we certainly do not want to add semi-offline whining to the forums. 

Gotta love all these pve players that want to hide behind the facade of a pvp title.  My company took a small island and spent the day moving a lot of resources to the new island and was hit hard the first night by a chinese group after everyone logged. We lost everything we had as we focused more on the base than on our defenses. This was OUR fault for having weak defenses, not those attacking when we were sleeping. Instead of running to the forum to whine about offline raiding, we placed our energy into defense. The next night we were hit again by another (different) chinese group but the defenses we now had in place stalled them enough that two people were able to stop the raid in the early morning before the enemy got too far in by spawning into beds on one of the mortar platforms they failed to take down. We sunk their ships and ended up coming out ahead with salvage. Yes, two people that work days actually made an effort to log in before leaving for work as they know offline raiding is a thing (much more productive than whining) and they quickly handled a raid in progress with the defenses we had in place. 

Keep in mind, we only had defenses that could handle this offline raid because instead of coming to the forums to whine about how unfair offline raiding is, we focused even harder on placing manned npc cannon towers and mortar platforms around the entire island to spawn in on, added a lot of NPC puckles around the base and some of the players in our group (myself included) adapted by logging in earlier than they normally would or before work to check the island. We also added a couple of EU players that would be online during times many of us are not. Every day some time is spent on adjusting and/or adding defenses or farming gold for all our NPC defenses and no one has made it into our base again, we simply wake up to a lot of messages that start: 'your company killed 'x'. 

If a large company with a huge fleet comes in, they will very likely get through all our defenses but it will not be an easy task for them and we will go down fighting. Every single player in my company had the choice to join a large mega company and we have had offers to merge so we cannot complain if we lose what we have to one of these larger groups, our play-style was our choice. If more of the entitled silver spoon-fed crowd would spend time adapting and adjusting to the mechanics of the game rather than complaining, we ALL would be better off. 

My suggestion to everyone is to stop whining about offline raiding and focus that energy into defenses. If your defense cannot handle the resource you are trying to secure and retain, then you deserve to lose it. Just because you settled somewhere 'first' does not mean you are entitled to keep something- EARN IT. This is a survival of the fittest so adapt by taking a less attractive /more remote piece of land, focus on defense for when you are away or offline, make/add nearby allies, add players with different core playing hours, grow your company, merge your company, or go make a new character on the PVE server as you do not understand the basics of a survival PVP game,  you only understand your whiny entitled snowflake version of it. 

I said this several times on this thread already but you must not have read any of it. There currently are no REAL defenses to effectively circumvent human ambition, intuition, abuse of exploits and faulty or naive game mechanics. AI is simply not a substitute to form a thorough defense to effectively thwart a human's efforts to raid offline structures and ships. So, exactly how are we, the players, able to use the defensive measure provided to us and "focus that energy into defenses" if those defensive features provided remain inadequate? It is simple, offline raid protection and then we are good and you may simply go raid something or someone that is ONLINE and capable to defend themselves. Quit trolling the thread.

Edited by vaylain

6 hours ago, labatts said:

You as a solo person shouldnt have the RIGHT to own it

So says you, the almighty GOD and savior!!! I see YOU get to dictate exactly how this game should be played.

Today after patch my ship was sink. Logs says that it was a ship of the damned. But my litte ship was too close and it has whole life. I don't trust my new neigbours. 

They may do anything for land

Edited by Elmiria

15 hours ago, vaylain said:

So says you, the almighty GOD and savior!!! I see YOU get to dictate exactly how this game should be played.

If you want to claim  land  then fight for it and take it or try to sneakily take it from someone. Or how about you form and alliance with a company that has it and im sure they will share I know quite a few companies that do this already. Where in my last post did I dictate how the game should be played ?They were suggestions not demands.  And personally I have had way more fun on lawless servers than I have on ones where you have to claim the land. 

Edited by labatts

7 hours ago, labatts said:

And personally I have had way more fun on lawless servers than I have on ones where you have to claim the land. 

I actually never played with the claim system for very long. I tried it the first week and could not even find one available and there were absolutely NO companies willing to provide even a modicum of space for me and I saw just how much a joke that scene was, so I sailed to lawless lands. As a former ARK player, I know the Lawless style of gameplay really well and I absolutely love it. I can honestly say that I wish the claim system a sudden and painful death.

Edited by vaylain

Hey guys lets get a thread going where all companies list their active hours so we do not offline raid people.  I'll start.

My company is active between 7-8pm CST.  We only play 1 hour per day.  If you attack outside that you are offlining us. 

Company is active only when logging onto a dummy character so primary character can claim flag a ship we built to leave in offline protection. Unless you can magically guess what day and time the transition is made then you are offlining us.

I am in the camp of offlining sucks. But offline protections will be abused so hard by megacompanies you will lose whatever competition you have to throw against them.

Just take Eve. Analyse it. Implement what they have done in similar but acceptable ways for this setting. 

Everyone stands to win this way. The game will recover its numbers. PvE players will play the game. PvP players will hunt them. More PvP opportunities will be created. 

Just look at their numbers. This is player count over the years. This is a game that got the design right. But unlike Eve, Atlas cannot be called a spreadsheet in sea game and stands to do a lot better if they get it right. 

f6dc888a216af2034d3b185c4e4b93ff.png

1 minute ago, Sklex said:

Just take Eve. Analyse it. Implement what they have done in similar but acceptable ways for this setting. 

Everyone stands to win this way. The game will recover its numbers. PvE players will play the game. PvP players will hunt them. More PvP opportunities will be created. 

Just look at their numbers. This is player count over the years. This is a game that got the design right. But unlike Eve, Atlas cannot be called a spreadsheet in sea game and stands to do a lot better if they get it right. 

f6dc888a216af2034d3b185c4e4b93ff.png

There are several other more important reasons as to why people are leaving this game. Give the devs time to fix and patch the game and add content its still early EA. Look at ark for example how far that has come in just a few years just have to be patient is all.