vaylain

There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed?

Doesn't change the fact that if they had change their thought process on what was most important they would have successful games instead of tombstones. Like Rust they have only gotten better. they have boned a few things but they have constantly evolved.

1 hour ago, labatts said:

Uh NO why would i leave a server that I have no issue with the way its setup. There are servers out there for what you want already go play on them. Official PVP server does not need ORP.

Sure it does judging by the amount of posts about it. Just because you like it doesn't meant he mass of people complain should have to. But hey if you want a pve game keep on advocating chasing off new blood and you and your other offline raid buddies can hit each other while you sleep.

15 minutes ago, Kegstand Mcfarland said:

Doesn't change the fact that if they had change their thought process on what was most important they would have successful games instead of tombstones. Like Rust they have only gotten better. they have boned a few things but they have constantly evolved.

Sure it does judging by the amount of posts about it. Just because you like it doesn't meant he mass of people complain should have to. But hey if you want a pve game keep on advocating chasing off new blood and you and your other offline raid buddies can hit each other while you sleep.

Im not the only one that likes it the way it is. there is a mass of people that want it to stay how it is. I am just one of the few that are vocal about it. If they add ORP I bet things get worse. You will start to see large companies start to annihilate anyone that is online targeting smaller companies. People will then complain that they are going to be zerged down. Where does it stop you add ORP then what shrink the limit of ppl in companies ? People that want ORP will leave either way once being raided online or off just like they did in Ark. 

Labatts is just derailing the post, because the original question if offline raiding is PvP is a very valid one. And no offline raiding is never PvP, because whatever defense you think of has no own intelligence and can not adapt immediately like a player can do. So offline raiding is Player versus a (player setup instead of Dev setup) ENVIROMENT. Or short PvE. And offline raiders or ppl who refuse any sort of ORP just are no real PvPers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ban Tier said:

Labatts is just derailing the post, because the original question if offline raiding is PvP is a very valid one. And no offline raiding is never PvP, because whatever defense you think of has no own intelligence and can not adapt immediately like a player can do. So offline raiding is Player versus a (player setup instead of Dev setup) ENVIROMENT. Or short PvE. And offline raiders or ppl who refuse any sort of ORP just are no real PvPers.

Well how does that work ? Even if the company is online doesnt mean they will be at their base when its being raided. And just because a company is offline does not mean there will be no PVP. People who refused ORP do not want anything to water down the PVP mechanic or it to be abused / exploited like it will be. It is in ark and will be here. You cant have a feature like that and not have it abused in this style of game. And I do not support ORP and i am very good at PVP lol ur logic there is wrong. 

38 minutes ago, labatts said:

You do not have to play that way. like you said there are private servers you can play on that have rules and ORP.

That doesn't work for a MMO you know. Most people will just quit.

Your reply clearly shows, that you never attacked a online base in your life. The moment we see, that our base takes damage, most of our crew comes back to the base and starts defending. If we are getting "zerged" (by a 150 ppl limit per grid, I would us the term "zerg"), we call our friends and allies. That is how a proper PvP game should work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

That doesn't work for a MMO you know. Most people will just quit.

Go try unofficial seems to be working just fine with them. I would even suggest the A1 6x6 server for you lot that want the pvpve aspect. 

2 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

Your reply clearly shows, that you never attacked a online base in your life. The moment we see, that our base takes damage, most of our crew comes back to the base and starts defending. If we are getting "zerged" (by a 150 ppl limit per grid, I would us the term "zerg"), we call our friends and allies. That is how a proper PvP game should work.

How would you know your base is taking damage if you are out on your ship or on another island  farming resources. I love how you assume because i do not want ORP that i cant or haven't PVPed and that I am not good at it lol. 

Edited by labatts

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

Go try unofficial seems to be working just fine with them. I would even suggest the A1 6x6 server for you lot that want the pvpve aspect. 

I didn't buy a game that promised me 30 hours to sail across the map to play on a 6x6 grid or to deal with all the problems that private servers tend to have (like waking up one day finding out that the server is gone for good because the admin has a new hobby now). 

Edited by LaiTash

So instead you demand that the game change to add a ORP in a pvp server because its what you want ? What about the people that dont want ORP ? 

Just now, labatts said:

So instead you demand that the game change to add a ORP in a pvp server because its what you want ? What about the people that dont want ORP ? 

I want to add ORP on a pvp server because people are leaving the game and there are plenty of hardcore pvp MMOs that do just fine with ORP and other mechanics that limit PvP in some ways.

7 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I want to add ORP on a pvp server because people are leaving the game and there are plenty of hardcore pvp MMOs that do just fine with ORP and other mechanics that limit PvP in some ways.

People are leaving this game for many other reasons than not having ORP. to name a few the Hackers, ppl using exploits, the crazy bugs , lag, rollbacks, the list goes on. What other hardcore PVP games have ORP ?? 

Edited by labatts

Just now, labatts said:

People are leaving this game for many other reasons that not having ORP. to name a few the Hackers, ppl using exploits, the crazy bugs , lag, rollbacks, the list goes on. What other hardcore PVP games have ORP ?? 

Eve, Life is Feudal, but guess they aren't hardcore enough to your standards?

So EVE which i have never played. Life is feudal i thought was dead ? Eve is a totally different game but I believe i read somewhere you could still raid or blow up a base while ppl were offline it just took longer is that true? Either way adding ORP will be extremely abused. Just make a 2nd account pin code all the doors and storage chest. Let 1st account use base that cant be raided or broken into in any way. GG  Now making it so while companies are offline harder to raid by having the structures of their base / ships more resistant to damage or explosives i wouldnt mind. But a mechanic that allows no damage at all is extremely broken.

Edited by labatts

1 minute ago, labatts said:

Life is feudal i thought was dead ?

It was doing much better than atlas considering it was a first game made by bitbox and the initial hype wasn't nearly as huge as Atlas had. 

14 minutes ago, labatts said:

Eve is a totally different game but I believe i read somewhere you could still raid or blow up a base while ppl were offline it just took longer is that true?

Eve uses vulnerability timers. It doesn't become invlulnerable just because all the corp members are offline, but you can set a time window when your structure is vulnerable to attacks. But what's more important is that you don't even need to have any raidable structures to play eve.

However i'd like to hear of successful MMO where you can completely destroy anyone, anytime, with no warning or war declaration. I've heard mortal is something like that but even there you can at least take your loot back 24 hours after the raid.

Ark has been successful. What about  Ultima online ? Rust was pretty fun aswell successful you could argue either way i would say. What about Conan Exiles ive only tried that a lttle bit but that was full loot pvp 24/7. Why does everyone compares Atlas to Eve when they are very different games. 

1 hour ago, labatts said:

How would you know your base is taking damage if you are out on your ship or on another island  farming resources. I love how you assume because i do not want ORP that i cant or haven't PVPed and that I am not good at it lol. 

You once again proof, that you have no clue about how base raiding with an online crew works. The moment you start killing our NPCs, we get a message. Well we are no dumb AI, so we react to a message. Furthermore we have friends and neighbours, so that we get sometimes Intel about an enemy aproaching our base via alliance chat. And again, we are no bots who have to parse the chat, we are thinking reacting human beings. And that is the difference between PvP and PvE.

And just to be precise, I do not have a clue if you are a good PvPer or not. I am just saing, that your comments show clearly, that you are not attacking bases during active times of their crews. Otherwise you would not post such dumb questing how we should become aware of an attack. And I am really asking myself now, if you really play the game especially on a PvP server or if your are just a youtube feeded forum troll.

So unless you come up with some real arguments why offline base raiding is PvP, I am done in this thread.

Edited by Ban Tier

7 minutes ago, labatts said:

Ark has been successful. What about  Ultima online ? Rust was pretty fun aswell successful you could argue either way i would say. What about Conan Exiles ive only tried that a lttle bit but that was full loot pvp 24/7. Why does everyone compares Atlas to Eve when they are very different games. 

because dev compare atlas to eve, and they annonce atlas like eve not like ark 

Edited by Elokil

Just now, Elokil said:

because dev compare atlas to eve, and they annonce atlas like eve not like ark if you want ark go ark 

The devs want the Massive Multiplayer like Eve but clearly made the game from Ark. I could say the same if u want the game like EVE go play that. 

1 minute ago, labatts said:

The devs want the Massive Multiplayer like Eve but clearly made the game from Ark. I could say the same if u want the game like EVE go play that. 

yes but no, devs search a solution to offline raid go read the captain's log, implement quest, dayli quest, and most mmorpg content, anyway atlas was announce like mmorpg at the base, of course they take a ark base for the dev but atlas is not ark normaly 

10 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

You once again proof, that you have no clue about how base raiding with an online crew works. The moment you start killing our NPCs, we get a message. Well we are no dumb AI, so we react to a message. Furthermore we have friends and neighbours, so that we get sometimes Intel about an enemy aproaching our base via alliance chat. And again, we are no bots who have to parse the chat, we are thinking reacting human beings. And that is the difference between PvP and PvE.

And just to be precise, I do not have a clue if you are a good PvPer or not. I am just saing, that your comments show clearly, that you are not attacking bases during active times of their crews. Otherwise you would not post such dumb questing how we should become aware of an attack. And I am really asking myself now, if you really play the game especially on a PvP server or if your are just a youtube feeded forum troll.

So unless you come up with some real arguments why offline base raiding is PvP, I am done in this thread.

I wouldnt have to kill ur NPCs to get into the base. I have already done this in Atlas while the company was online, and they had no idea till it was to late and i had already looted half of their stuff. I am not saying offline base raiding is PVP. All i am saying is i do not want any aspect where if a company is offline you cant damage their structures. But if they go offline and you add a resistance so they take less damage that would be fine. 

Edited by labatts

11 minutes ago, labatts said:

Ark has been successful. What about  Ultima online ?

Ark isn't a MMO, so private servers are the solution there.

And since when you can be offline raided in Ultima? I'm pretty sure that each time i was ganked in UO i had a chance to fight back, and there also were dire consequences for player killers.

Just now, LaiTash said:

Ark isn't a MMO, so private servers are the solution there.

And since when you can be offline raided in Ultima? I'm pretty sure that each time i was ganked in UO i had a chance to fight back, and there also were dire consequences for player killers.

Yes there was consequences. Why not implement that into Atlas instead of a total ORP where things cant be damaged?

7 minutes ago, labatts said:

Yes there was consequences. Why not implement that into Atlas instead of a total ORP where things cant be damaged?

Because in a game where you can wipe anyone COMPLETELY while they can't even fight back because they aren't in the game at the moment the "dire consequences" should be even greater than they were in UO. In UO bad boys were loosing skill points. In atlas it should be more like skill/stat loss on death and permadeath if caught and executed. I think ORP is a better solution for a pvp game, but hey i'm ok with such penalties - a pirate's life was short irl after all.

Edited by LaiTash

3 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Because in a game where you can wipe anyone COMPLETELY while they can't even fight back because they aren't in the game at the moment the "dire consequences" should be even greater than they were in UO. In UO bad boys were loosing skill points. In atlas it should be more like skill/stat loss on death and permadeath if caught and executed. I think ORP is a better solution for a pvp game.

There could be consequences added in that would work. A debuff like you mention with stats/ skills. But just adding in a ORP i do not agree with after playing ark on servers that have ORP it really isnt a better option.