vaylain

There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed?

This is intended for Grapeshot. You may of course reply and troll but it will fall on deaf ears as I am speaking to Grapeshot.

I really loved this game and many of the interesting aspects of the game but now I have done pretty much all that I have set out to do and there isn't much end game content to do in this game in its current state. This means that the only aspect left for me is the ship and ship mechanics however I cannot even get ONE F'ing ship to stay alive once I go offline as someone or SOTD will always sink it. Why in the hell haven't you implemented an "invulnerability" feature for our anchored and offline ships? Do you guys actually play your own game outside of the dev tools to experience how it is for your user's? The game is pointless if I cannot have one last overnight as it takes too long to farm as a solo player beyond a schooner.

Allowing players (griefers) to sink anchored and offline ships is NOT PVP it is merely a troll tactic. There is NO PVP in offline raiding so why is it allowed? Do you want actual players or just a lot of trolls and griefers playing your game? If this is how you intend for your game to operate then I am forced to quit and return back to ARK but I am hoping that you have future plans to consider "offline raid protection" for anchored and offline ships?

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ou can hire npc to arm them and defend them, so you play in an online survival game, if then you cry for only one hour or less a day to play and they break you off, create a clan or join one and stop crying

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Until said offliners swim under and glitch into the bottom of the ship to detonate barrels..what good are npcs for that tactic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who says just because ppl offline it doesnt cause pvp. I have many times jumped a person or group that were raiding a base offline. I waited for them to break in first obviously then killed them and looted both them and the base. If you are on a PVP server expect to be raided every time u login.  If you cant cope with that there are other options out there like join larger company or play PVE. There are also unofficial servers that might be more suitable for you that are well ran and populated. 

• Sad 1

I cannot help but be amazed at the demands to stop 'offline raiding' when there are players from all over the world and players working every work shift playing this game. Just because you are asleep does not mean that the company, solo player, or 2-3 guys attacking you should be and are intentionally 'offline raiding' as this might be their prime play time due to where they live or their work schedule.

Not only do you have an entire population of players that may work second shift (estimated 4 million in US alone) that may only have time to game for a couple hours after arriving home from work after midnight,  take a look at location. Even with the player base that works a typical day 9-5 job, the U.S is large enough that if you live in New York and typically log off at 11pm, the 3 guys living in California that decide to go raiding at 9pm are supposed to wait because you are sleeping? 

You demand an 'invulnerability' feature that would limit game play for every player that may live in a time zone a few hours behind you and/or that may have a work schedule opposite yours that only have time to log in after you go to sleep, doesn't seem very fair to me.  

My suggestion, stop complaining about offline raiding that doesn't fit your own personal sleep schedule but may be prime time for others and set up better defenses to try to stall those playing when you are sleeping. The other obvious option is to think about building on a pve server where no matter the work schedule or location of the player, your base and ships will be safe. 

Edited by Itsme
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Itsme said:

I cannot help but be amazed at the demands to stop 'offline raiding' when there are players from all over the world and players working every work shift playing this game. Just because you are asleep does not mean that the company, solo player, or 2-3 guys attacking you should be and are intentionally 'offline raiding' as this might be their prime play time due to where they live or their work schedule.

Not only do you have an entire population of players that may work second shift (estimated 4 million in US alone) that may only have time to game for a couple hours after arriving home from work after midnight,  take a look at location. Even with the player base that works a typical day 9-5 job, the U.S is large enough that if you live in New York and typically log off at 11pm, the 3 guys living in California that decide to go raiding at 9pm are supposed to wait because you are sleeping? 

You demand an 'invulnerability' feature that would limit game play for every player that may live in a time zone a few hours behind you and/or that may have a work schedule opposite yours that only have time to log in after you go to sleep, doesn't seem very fair to me.  

My suggestion, stop complaining about offline raiding that doesn't fit your own personal sleep schedule but may be prime time for others and set up better defenses to try to stall those playing when you are sleeping. The other obvious option is to think about building on a pve server where no matter the work schedule or location of the player, your base and ships will be safe. 

If only there were "players from all over the world" and "players working every work shift playing this game", then they could raid them.

Edited by Not Happy
  • Like 1

This discussion is as old as basebuilding PVP games. 

Just be sure that the devs of those games had reasons to make offline raiding possible. If they didn't wanna have it, they would make it impossible. So it's up to you if you can live with that or not.

I love PVP, and I even love the possibility of being offline raided. I think like "Hey, if they were able to crack up that base I built, they deserve that victory, and my next base must be better. There are hundreds of ways to secure your base. High walls, aggressive tames, NPCs on different mounted guns, hidden storage boxes, sleeper houses to prevent declaiming. Additionally you need friends, meaning allies, who can have an eye on your stuff while you're not in game.

My tribe just finished its third ship garage that effectively prevents ppl from entering the ship and destroying it. It's veeeeeerrrryyyy expensive, but worth it at last.

Always remember that if some guys can destroy your ships every day, it's your fault, not their's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Itsme said:

My suggestion, stop complaining about offline raiding that doesn't fit your own personal sleep schedule but may be prime time for others

Most EU players play during EU prime time. In this game, i had to skip the sleeping part several times (and i usually have to go to work the next day) because some "people from a different timezone" (because France is in Australia right?) though that 2AM is a good time to start a raid. If i have to adapt, why a minority of people with different work hours or timezones can't?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Most EU players play during EU prime time. In this game, i had to skip the sleeping part several times (and i usually have to go to work the next day) because some "people from a different timezone" (because France is in Australia right?) though that 2AM is a good time to start a raid. If i have to adapt, why a minority of people with different work hours or timezones can't?

??? Because you are the one whining about the game mechanics working as intended.  

4 hours ago, Not Happy said:

If only there were "players from all over the world" and "players working every work shift playing this game", then they could raid them.

I do not understand your point. I assume you are saying offline works both ways as there is always someone sleeping when others are awake? 

• Confused 1

The devs should take a long hard look at how eve did this and make an atlas appropiate version

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Zlax said:

The devs should take a long hard look at how eve did this and make an atlas appropiate version

No leave the PVP server alone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Itsme said:

It is not a limit on your offline griefing as that is what it is, "offline Griefing" this is not PVP. We request an offline flag to protect our crap from people like you who places their "FUN" value on being able to raid a base or boat where their owners are not online to defend it. Simply raid something where their owners are online and able to defend. It does not detract anything from you, just learn to play better and actually fight or raid players that are actually online where you will actually have a real PVP challenge.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Malakai030 said:

Just be sure that the devs of those games had reasons to make offline raiding possible. If they didn't wanna have it, they would make it impossible. So it's up to you if you can live with that or not.

I love PVP, and I even love the possibility of being offline raided. I think like "Hey, if they were able to crack up that base I built, they deserve that victory, and my next base must be better. There are hundreds of ways to secure your base. High walls, aggressive tames, NPCs on different mounted guns, hidden storage boxes, sleeper houses to prevent declaiming. Additionally you need friends, meaning allies, who can have an eye on your stuff while you're not in game.

My tribe just finished its third ship garage that effectively prevents ppl from entering the ship and destroying it. It's veeeeeerrrryyyy expensive, but worth it at last.

Always remember that if some guys can destroy your ships every day, it's your fault, not their's.

Here is why I know that the DEVS intend to add some small tribe/solo player protections:

A large number of you have expressed that you are unable to make enough progress to reach this stage of the game, due to our hardcore design. Our thinking going forward, with the community’s help and feedback, we plan to make the game less punishing and reduce the steep climb required for players to reach the parts of the game which make it special. This means we’re going to be changing core systems to ensure that those who do not have as much time to invest or play in small groups or as solo players are still able to experience the highs seas of ATLAS. 

For those of you in large companies, worry not, as you are still a fundamental part of our design and key to the game’s vision. We believe there are changes we can make which will make the game more immediately accessible for everyone and overall more enjoyable, without detracting from the heights that large and dedicated groups of players can achieve. All players will be able to experience the best parts of this humongous shared persistent world, whether you’re a solo player, a small group, a large company, or a multi-company alliance.

Some of our design changes will revolve around:

• Allowing players to experience the ‘piracy’ side of the game immediately, whilst not trivializing the content.
  • Making sure that solo players and smaller groups feel safer when logging off, or that after they’ve taken a break they can come back and know that it won’t be such a difficult feat to get out on the seas again.
  • Incentivize companies to neutralize their territories, inviting others to make use of their land so that both can benefit.
  • More MMO aspects: player markets, player-specified automatic trade routes, additional quests, and daily missions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, vaylain said:

It is not a limit on your offline griefing as that is what it is, "offline Griefing" this is not PVP. We request an offline flag to protect our crap from people like you who places their "FUN" value on being able to raid a base or boat where their owners are not online to defend it. Simply raid something where their owners are online and able to defend. It does not detract anything from you, just learn to play better and actually fight or raid players that are actually online where you will actually have a real PVP challenge.

You want to protect your crap then build better defenses. If you want ORP so bad then go play unofficial server. Stop trying to demand that ORP is needed for official PVP when you have them already setup with populated servers on unofficial.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, labatts said:

You want to protect your crap then build better defenses. If you want ORP so bad then go play unofficial server. Stop trying to demand that ORP is needed for official PVP when you have them already setup with populated servers on unofficial.

OR...If you want to offline raid peeps so bad, you can go play on an unofficial server that openly welcomes griefers such as yourself and your despicable offline raiding practice. Offline raiding can easily circumvent AI. Player intuition, repetition, and devious manipulation of game glitches will always prevail, rendering all of those "better defenses" that you speak of a moot point.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, vaylain said:

OR...If you want to offline raid peeps so bad, you can go play on an unofficial server. Offline raiding can easily circumvent AI. Player intuition, repetition, and devious manipulation of game glitches will always prevail, rendering all of those "better defenses" that you speak of a moot point.

Uh NO why would i leave a server that I have no issue with the way its setup. There are servers out there for what you want already go play on them. Official PVP server does not need ORP.

8 minutes ago, labatts said:

Uh NO why would i leave a server that I have no issue with the way its setup. There are servers out there for what you want already go play on them. Official PVP server does not need ORP.

Read up on one of my posts or go and read the latest Captain's Lag and you will see that the devs have already mentioned their intentions to alter the game to provide insurances for small and solo companies. This means that Grapeshot had intended to design the game to accommodate all kinds of gameplay modes and there is NO reason to assume that solo players must "play on a private server" as you were quick to prescribe. An ORP may indeed be a solution as an ORP does not detract in any way from PVP.

It may adversely affect your devious Offline Raiding ambitions, however...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Read up on one of my posts or go and read the latest Captain's Lag and you will see that the devs have already mentioned their intentions to alter the game to provide insurances for small and solo companies. This means that Grapeshot had intended to design the game to accommodate all kinds of gameplay modes and there is NO reason to assume that solo players must "play on a private server" as you were quick to prescribe.

No just means a bunch of carebears whined and complained because they were getting raided in a PVP game. All of you that are crying now about being offlined wont be around in a month after they add those protections anyways because you will still be destroyed and cant handle it and quit. That goes for if they even make it around to doing that. All of you entitled cry babies just need to go to PVE so you cant be raided or go to unofficial where the server is setup the way you want it already with ORP. Just wait if they do add ORP to official server it will be abused / exploited to the point you all will be crying about that same way it is in Ark. And as for the last part about solo players I play solo and live in a lawless area where I have not been raided base has been there for 2 weeks now. 

Edited by labatts

10 minutes ago, labatts said:

No just means a bunch of carebears whined and complained because they were getting raided in a PVP game. All of you that are crying now about being offlined wont be around in a month after they add those protections anyways because you will still be destroyed and cant handle it and quit. That goes for if they even make it around to doing that. All of you entitled cry babies just need to go to PVE so you cant be raided or go to unofficial where the server is setup the way you want it already with ORP. Just wait if they do add ORP to official server it will be abused / exploited to the point you all will be crying about that same way it is in Ark.

Us "carebears" are paying customers and deserve every right to make game suggestions. If Grapeshot wishes to appease us they will if not, they will not. It matters not to me what server you would like for us "carebears" to play on. I never cried that the game would not be around after a few months, moron. I wish it a long and healthy lifetime and to prove this point I provided many game solutions to both, help improve the game and its longevity. I would not be doing so if I wished ill will on the franchise.

Us "entitled cry babies" as you so deemed us, you troll, deserve just as many freedoms as you in the game and that includes the right to NOT have our bases and boats molested by offline raiding. Who made you god and overseer of Atlas? Mayhaps it was Grapeshot's intentions all along to thwart "offline raiding"?

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Us "carebears" are paying customers and deserve every right to make game suggestions. If Grapeshot wishes to appease us they will if not, they will not. It matters not to me what server you would like for us "carebears" to play on. I never cried that the game would not be around after a few months, moron. I wish it a long and healthy lifetime and to prove this point I provided many game solutions to both, help improve the game and longevity. I would not be doing so if I had wishes ill will on the franchise.

Us "entitled cry babies" as you so deemed us, you troll, deserve just as many freedoms as you in the game and that includes the right to NOT have our bases and boats molested by offline raiding. Who made you god and overseer of Atlas? Mayhaps it was Grapeshot's intentions all along to thwart "offline raiding"?

You guys are not making suggestions you are demanding that the core gameplay mechanic in PVP be changed. This is a PVP  game if you cant handle it leave. There are servers out there for you already why do you need this one to change ?? 

Edited by labatts

Just now, labatts said:

You guys are not making suggestions you are demanding that the core gameplay mechanic in PVP be changed. This is a PVP  game if you cant handle it leave. 

OK, clearly you lack the capability to maintain a proper debate. All you can do is try to incite with vile rhetoric and name calling. I shall leave you to yourself. Go troll another thread.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, vaylain said:

OK, clearly you lack the capability to maintain a proper debate. All you can do is try to incite with vile rhetoric and name calling. I shall leave you to yourself. Go troll another thread.

So because I do not agree with your solution or ideas I am a troll now. Name calling,,,you are the one calling me a troll because i disagree with you lol. How is not wanting any restrictions to the official PVP server being a troll? All I want is for all you people that want ORP and demanding it to go play unofficial server where they have it already and to stop trying to get things changed just because it doesnt benefit you. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Malakai030 said:

where are all the games that you speak of....dead and gone. OR like Ark and Rust private servers who have RULES. Great glad you like sodomy but not everyone should have to play that way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kegstand Mcfarland said:

where are all the games that you speak of....dead and gone. OR like Ark and Rust private servers who have RULES. Great glad you like sodomy but not everyone should have to play that way

You do not have to play that way. like you said there are private servers you can play on that have rules and ORP.