Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

A few problems on new server

Hi guys. Ive just got a new server up and have a few questions I need some help on.

1. When I press M for the map it is showing up grey. How do I get it to show the map correctly?

2. I can plant flags in freeport. How do I change this so I cant?

3. I have SOTD in freeport sea how do I change this?

4. Bottles for maps are there but no map is showing up in inventory after picking it up?

This is a home server and the first time Ive set one up so all the help would be appreciated. One final thing - where do I find out about the server settings to customise things like how much is harvested?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Hi guys. Ive just got a new server up and have a few questions I need some help on.

1. When I press M for the map it is showing up grey. How do I get it to show the map correctly?

2. I can plant flags in freeport. How do I change this so I cant?

3. I have SOTD in freeport sea how do I change this?

4. Bottles for maps are there but no map is showing up in inventory after picking it up?

This is a home server and the first time Ive set one up so all the help would be appreciated. One final thing - where do I find out about the server settings to customise things like how much is harvested?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I suspect some of your issues are related to your .json map server settings.

A1) (my guess) The project export may not have completed or the image files of your map are not in the ServerSettings folder.

A2) (my guess) I believe there is a setting to enable/disable if a server is claimable or not.  It seems your server has this enabled.

A3) No clue.

A4) I think this is a known issue where you will only get maps for servers that are online at the time that you pick up the bottle.  If the map was for a server that is not active, you will get nothing from the bottle.

8 minutes ago, Bastian Auryn said:

I suspect some of your issues are related to your .json map server settings.

A1) (my guess) The project export may not have completed or the image files of your map are not in the ServerSettings folder.

A2) (my guess) I believe there is a setting to enable/disable if a server is claimable or not.  It seems your server has this enabled.

A3) No clue.

A4) I think this is a known issue where you will only get maps for servers that are online at the time that you pick up the bottle.  If the map was for a server that is not active, you will get nothing from the bottle.

Thanks. 

For 1. That should be easy to check, and if they are not present I just need to rerun the project export.

2. Do you know which file I need to change the settings in?

4. That makes sense. Though still needs fixing.

7 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

2. Do you know which file I need to change the settings in?

I am at work at the moment so I cannot check for sure but I recall seeing something in the project editor to toggle between lawless and claimable.  That is to say it is in the json file somewhere.

Edited by Bastian Auryn

Thanks. In regard to question 1. I reimported everything including the maps. Deleted the old files and replaced them but still have same problem.

Edited by AntonyVW

14 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

Thanks. In regard to question 1. I reported everything including the maps. Deleted the old files and replaced them but still have same problem.

Do you have the latest editor from github? if yes, check the file type on the images in the EXPORT folder. if they are jpeg, change to jpg.   

CellImg_0-0.jpg  vs  CellImg_0-0.jpeg

I've attached my Grid: 0, 0 image.

CellImg_0-0.jpg

2 hours ago, RogerRoger101 said:

Do you have the latest editor from github? if yes, check the file type on the images in the EXPORT folder. if they are jpeg, change to jpg.   

CellImg_0-0.jpg  vs  CellImg_0-0.jpeg

I've attached my Grid: 0, 0 image.

. Thanks that's another possibility eliminated. All maps/cell images are .jpg so not that possibility.

13 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

. Thanks that's another possibility eliminated. All maps/cell images are .jpg so not that possibility.

try unchecking "Water tiled background" then exporting ALL.  I had this same exact issue (as you).  I just deleted all my server files.  Started new and the issue went away.  I did grab a newer version of the map editor.  I will direct message you with a RAR of the server files I am using (stock not modified)

have you open seamles ports in firewall from server? and have you in your bat files the seamles ip?

Edited by dtmaster