Sign in to follow this  
tuvok

Ship was sunken, but why?

Hi Guys,

i have a Problem .. a Ship in the Company was sunken .. on the Company Log we can only see this Information

image.png.c7d3a04fb5cc34d86184d5d71463e193.png

we have Spawn a Ship and we get also this Message, but we can not see who destroy the Ship... or is this a Bug?

does anyone else have this problem either

Did you anchor in a freeport?

Because apparently, it is fine to punish people who don't have time for sailing 30min+ until they're out of a region which ***WILL*** destroy your ship when you leave it there for 10 IRL hours.

We had one of our ships sink yesterday on a private server and can't figure out why it did. Even got an admin to pull logs but they saw no signs of what caused it.

Sometimes an animal will aggro on your boat, other times if you are close to the crew limit a bird will land on your boat and put it over crew limit and sink your boat.  

we had our brig parked at our dock, as we had it parked multiple days prior, and logged in and it was just sunk in that spot....

Just now, Virkatjol said:

we had our brig parked at our dock, as we had it parked multiple days prior, and logged in and it was just sunk in that spot....

Had you done any maintenance on the hull?  Ships take damage over time if they are used or even sitting around.  So you have to keep up on repairs or they will sink.  Usually a couple of days if left unattended. 

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Had you done any maintenance on the hull?  Ships take damage over time if they are used or even sitting around.  So you have to keep up on repairs or they will sink.  Usually a couple of days if left unattended. 

we had crew on it repairing and a box of resources. and we'd just had it out the day before and check it for damage after sailing.

Maybe ran out of repair resources? Ran out of gold? Ran out of food to feed your crew? All of these can also lead to your ship being sunk.

34 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Sometimes an animal will aggro on your boat, other times if you are close to the crew limit a bird will land on your boat and put it over crew limit and sink your boat.  

The PVE PC hover fix applies to NPC as well I think, but could still happen on PVP if your boat was full but then birds on the poop deck is the least of your ship worries on PVP.

I repair my ships every time I log in, whether they need it or not.  And I don't know why I do this, it just feels right, I raise the anchor and move them or turn them just a tick or two and re-anchor. Just to make sure the game is updating their state or something, who knows.

Games to buggy to take any chances. 

1 hour ago, tuvok said:

Hi Guys,

i have a Problem .. a Ship in the Company was sunken .. on the Company Log we can only see this Information

image.png.c7d3a04fb5cc34d86184d5d71463e193.png

we have Spawn a Ship and we get also this Message, but we can not see who destroy the Ship... or is this a Bug?

does anyone else have this problem either

I got home after work yesterday to find my brig had been offlined sitting in my harbor outside my base in claimed territory. The logs showed 3 med planks had been removed/destroyed but did not say by who. I am fine with someone sinking my brig, but damn it there better be a log of who did it so i can add them to my mortal enemy kill list so i can track them down to the ends of the earth and return the favor. Same happened to a small base i had in lawless, somone took out my stone door and smashed my large box to steal my rss but again in the logs it tells me x was destroyed but not by who

We had one company boat that was left Anchored come un-anchored all by itself later in the night.  Storms came along and the cyclones did it in.