Staceh

Enough, farewell, goodbye

Ok, since launch I have defended, helped, cajoled etc, tried to be a decent member of what can be an extremely challenging and toxic community.

Today, I logged in, after 48 hours away, I logged off in my house which I have done many times before.

Nothing, all my stuff gone, dozens of hours of work, rebuilding, thousands in resources, all gone.

Time to uninstall, I'd wish the devs the best but honestly, I have had a skinful.  The broken claim system will be the death of this game, that and the absolute lack of feedback from our so called 'community managers'.

I predict 6 months if the game carries on at the current rate, then they'll be amalgamating servers.

I wish i could get the lost time back.

• Like 7

They ninja patched the PvE server to remove sleepers last night. There was a massive land grab by all of the major players, im sorry you got eaten up in the process. I think there shouldve been more of a heads up for smaller companies, especially since theyre about to change the timer to two weeks for smaller claims. 

We cant get you your land back, but we’ve got a lot of land we can offer players like yourself if you’d like to continue to play and have reassurance that your land wont be taken from you. Message me on here or discord ( sigh#3522 )

Edited by Sighdawg
  • Like 1

We were on rented land (paying tax) with a friendly company.  Have a fairly large base built up.  We were able to claim land last night from a player who was last online 3 days after release.  Ended up getting someone else's house on top of a hill.  We hope to contact him and let him know he can still stay there.  Just need to be on at the same time and ally with him to give permissions. It was a good thing, but in your case this sucks.  If you have been on regularly, it shouldn't have happened that way.

Same problem here, log out today 1 am log in 8pm and my house and all items inside belongs to someone else. I was inside it. Send ticket already and waiting for reply

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Staceh said:

Ok, since launch I have defended, helped, cajoled etc, tried to be a decent member of what can be an extremely challenging and toxic community.

Today, I logged in, after 48 hours away, I logged off in my house which I have done many times before.

Nothing, all my stuff gone, dozens of hours of work, rebuilding, thousands in resources, all gone.

Time to uninstall, I'd wish the devs the best but honestly, I have had a skinful.  The broken claim system will be the death of this game, that and the absolute lack of feedback from our so called 'community managers'.

I predict 6 months if the game carries on at the current rate, then they'll be amalgamating servers.

I wish i could get the lost time back.

I think your one of many doing the same thing,,and your right about Devs not listening.

Dear WILDCARD Support Pls do something to that game a lot of tribes and players losing their claim since the last update!!!

I can show u the reason why........... and its really a shame...... because now everyone of us need to be stay 24h/7days in the game!!! 

look at this -.- 

https://ibb.co/w4pRDXM

https://ibb.co/nRjJjPB

https://ibb.co/42YzfQ5

The body is glitching from the Server and every other tribe can claim without problem..... 

please fix it right now i want to go sleep in some hours 😄

9 hours ago, Sighdawg said:

They ninja patched the PvE server to remove sleepers last night. There was a massive land grab by all of the major players, im sorry you got eaten up in the process. I think there shouldve been more of a heads up for smaller companies, especially since theyre about to change the timer to two weeks for smaller claims. 

We cant get you your land back, but we’ve got a lot of land we can offer players like yourself if you’d like to continue to play and have reassurance that your land wont be taken from you. Message me on here or discord ( sigh#3522 )

That is not what happened it rolled players back to a time before which is bad coding.

Hey, least you hadn't been given land only to have another company freely foundation spam it.

Enjoy THAT nonsense, because we now have land but can't do jack with it.

2 minutes ago, Taiine said:

Hey, least you hadn't been given land only to have another company freely foundation spam it.

Enjoy THAT nonsense, because we now have land but can't do jack with it.

Ooof...  that's rough

Edited by MindOfMadness

1 minute ago, MindOfMadness said:

Ooof...  that's rough

You telling me. We have been stuck on lawless since the game first launched and have been going around to nearly every grid looking for land to contest or asking if anyone would like to offer any up. We don't want to build on someone else's land, as we have already been screwed once by that. But now after so long we finally have land only to not have any use of it. Our company owner and two others are thinking of leaving for private servers due to this. Leaving me and one other behind if they do. 

So yeah if we don't find a fix for this or find somewhere else we can go I don't know. I can understand the OP's annoyance because nonsense like this really breaks any enjoyment you might have had for the game, all because some of us have lives outside a game and can't no life it.

10 hours ago, Stabby said:

Bye. I think you were gone for 72+ hours if you lost your stuff. GL.

they changed it to 2 days without telling anyone ahead of time

This is the reason I love lawless, build what you want where you want within reason. I started off the game having 3 flags on an island, the group I was in decided to disband and the admin deleting everything which is another story.

Started a fresh on lawless and never felt better, much better to play lawless and build, go out on an adventure. Can't be dealing with all that stress on flag territory right now, it's clearly broken and they know it.

Just now, DannyUK said:

This is the reason I love lawless, build what you want where you want within reason. I started off the game having 3 flags on an island, the group I was in decided to disband and the admin deleting everything which is another story.

Started a fresh on lawless and never felt better, much better to play lawless and build, go out on an adventure. Can't be dealing with all that stress on flag territory right now, it's clearly broken and they know it.

The issue with lawless is you have to log in every 3 days. Plus foundations don't block stuff like spawns so animals can spawn inside your house or animal pen. We have lost so many tames by stuff spawning inside our fully enclosed pen. Plus ships also decay a lot faster there too. It's not ment to be a perma home. 

7 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

Lost a couple thousand players the last two days according to Steamcharts

That does not surprise me at all to be honest. I've lost about 5 ships and just about everything else you can imagine. I've threw in the towel many times only to come back for more punishment haha.

I can understand why many are leaving though, the devs do not listen, they want to do it how they want to play not how the community does. You get this sense by watching the stream they did on Twitch, it's THEIRS not OUR game, it should be tailored towards us not themselves. When you watch the stream on Twitch there is no planning in it, just switch on camera and talk about random stuff, I think this gives the impression of being incompetent

I wish this game was with top game developers because it could be 1 of the best games of all time if it was unfortunately it isn't.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Taiine said:

The issue with lawless is you have to log in every 3 days. Plus foundations don't block stuff like spawns so animals can spawn inside your house or animal pen. We have lost so many tames by stuff spawning inside our fully enclosed pen. Plus ships also decay a lot faster there too. It's not ment to be a perma home. 

Yes this is true about certain animals spawning near by, I realised this when our elephant got killed by a cobra whilst being offline. We've since rebuilt the base where the floors are raised and have an elevator onto another floor, it's worked out quite well as we've not had problems since. Yes you have to be logged on within 4 days to keep everything, I don't mind that but can see why it turns others away. i just find it more enjoyable on there.

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

Yes this is true about certain animals spawning near by, I realised this when our elephant got killed by a cobra whilst being offline. We've since rebuilt the base where the floors are raised and have an elevator onto another floor, it's worked out quite well as we've not had problems since. Yes you have to be logged on within 4 days to keep everything, I don't mind that but can see why it turns others away. i just find it more enjoyable on there.

We tried this too. Our animals just end up glitching through the ceiling tiles back to the ground or just getting stuck.

Actually the split between PVE and PVP is sad. 

what I'VE would have done is to make the lawless areas PVP and the rest areas PVE. Expand the amount of lawless to cover larger areas and give higher loot chances there (other mobs etc). that way you could venture out on an adventure and then return home to the safe areas. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sighdawg said:

Yet again patch which would be okey for alpha, not open long term and persistent beta.
Practically no warning, no way to prevent getting overlapped, nothing if you were not 24/7 player/company overlapping... which is still NOT FIXED. 

They are applying stuff which is short term disaster yet again -.- after fountain of youth.

This is roller-coaster between disasters for us players -.-

We're in the same boat. We havn't been actively playing for a couple weeks now, just keeping our claim refreshed, waiting for them to fix their shit. But today we logged in to find someone had claimed and demolished our entire base despite our efforts.

We were probably gonna quit anyway after reading they were making it so you'd have to log in every 3 days to protect stuff, but, far as I can tell even the 3 day protections aren't working properly because the moment our bodies weren't on the server, POOF, there goes 2 months of game time. So yeah, fuck this.

ATLAS, you had a lot of potential, and there was some REAL love put into stuff like the ocean mechanics (So gorgeous!); but your game designers don't have the same love or competency as your artists, and I don't think you'll ever get un-fucked and you definitly don't respect our time, the last of our company have collectively agreed, we're out.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1