Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

Wolf useless as a mount

The wolf has been nerfed to the point of being useless as a mount. It's carry weight is a joke (simply having a set of tools, a couple weapons, and armor is enough to encumber it), it is fairly slow, even when not encumbered, and it's health and attack are kinda meh. I guess this is the dark side of asking for endless nerfs on wild animals. 

As I said at the time the spawn/agro changes would have been enough without the health/damage nerf. I never had a problem killing a wild wolf I just ran out of arrows when 20 of them came from all over the island to join the fight.

It's useful in the tundra with the cold weather buff, but the tamed ones could use more life.

24 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

The wolf has been nerfed to the point of being useless as a mount. It's carry weight is a joke (simply having a set of tools, a couple weapons, and armor is enough to encumber it), it is fairly slow, even when not encumbered, and it's health and attack are kinda meh. I guess this is the dark side of asking for endless nerfs on wild animals. 

This actually seems more normal. Except for in ARK, when would you ever think you could ride what is essentially a big dog?

Its role should be that you have a couple or more as protection or as hunting animals, not for riding. There are other mounts for riding that make more sense in that role.

I did never like pets in ARK, so i am happy that they have not been completely OP from the beginning (like in ARK).

At the moment they are very weak, i see only on rare occasions tamed animals.

25 minutes ago, Talono said:

I did never like pets in ARK, so i am happy that they have not been completely OP from the beginning (like in ARK).

At the moment they are very weak, i see only on rare occasions tamed animals.

Yes, ARK in my opinion had way too many tames and wild animals. This is one of the reasons I quit playing ARK. When then number hit over 100, I posted how ridiculous I thought this was, but I think I am in the minority. Still, nice to see a game with way fewer creatures.

I do think the there should be at least one tame that is good at at task, but certainly not everything you tame should be able to fill every role. I would like to see cows being able to be ridden with no saddle, same as sheep, but in no way should they also be a good mount.

Why not just remove the ability to put a saddle on a wolf? That would make its role much more clear.

Edited by wildbill