Kimjaw

How i can get saps?

Sap is from beehives. I found one on a rock. They are not very common. Easier to hop in the ocean with a spear to get some fish

Edited by Hackjob
  • Like 1

I know you may not be in the freeport while asking this question, but i got alot of sap from E harvesting some trees. Might be a relation there somewhere.

• Thanks 1

I have had a hard time finding Sap also - found plenty of Syrup, but that doesn't work on the fishing pole.

Don't need though, as mentioned above - I just jump in the water with my spear and kill fish - too easy. You can also use a bow underwater if you don't want to use a spear/ax/pickaxe

16 minutes ago, MetalStretcher said:

so you can get sap from killing fish? 

People think the reason everyone wants sap is for fishing they dont realize its a primary ingredient in making fur clothing....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

People think the reason everyone wants sap is for fishing they dont realize its a primary ingredient in making fur clothing....

No understanding of why they made it a primary ingredient for fur armor when there is no sap in the regions where you need it.

Not to mention Rabbits and Horses are everywhere up there, and require food that doesn't exist for 2-3 grids away.
It's kind of ridiculous and not well thought out.

Edited by Ultimate Powa

Yeah i agree, the mats should be where you need them.  I can't tame anything cause what i need isnt where the animal spawns????  Also the whole tundra tiles are practically unplayable due to lack of fiber in the area, that also makes no sense and basically reduces the claimable map size.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ultimate Powa said:

No understanding of why they made it a primary ingredient for fur armor when there is no sap in the regions where you need it.

Not to mention Rabbits and Horses are everywhere up there, and require food that doesn't exist for 2-3 grids away.
It's kind of ridiculous and not well thought out.

I disagree with you....  The fact there is no sap in the region where people need sap is GOOD design... forces travel this is a good thing... The lack of fiber is also a good thing... More reasons for trade and travel are good things!!!  Now if they would go over the other regions and put some shortages in there of things that ARE in the tundra zone for example we will be making the ever so slightest way towards a good game!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

I disagree with you....  The fact there is no sap in the region where people need sap is GOOD design... forces travel this is a good thing... The lack of fiber is also a good thing... More reasons for trade and travel are good things!!!  Now if they would go over the other regions and put some shortages in there of things that ARE in the tundra zone for example we will be making the ever so slightest way towards a good game!

How can one travel if they can't make a stone axe?

Yeah because we all want to travel for 4 hours each way (from cold to temperate) to pick up some Sap. Unreal. They need to put Sap in colder areas period. 

11 minutes ago, HufflePuff said:

Yeah because we all want to travel for 4 hours each way (from cold to temperate) to pick up some Sap. Unreal. They need to put Sap in colder areas period. 

Are there fish in colder areas? If so you have your answer in hand. Fish can grant sap. Period.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Are there fish in colder areas? If so you have your answer in hand. Fish can grant sap. Period.

can fish grant fiber too? since none of that in cold areas, so no pickaxes, no axes, no fishing rods etc.

2 minutes ago, Littlebits said:

can fish grant fiber too? since none of that in cold areas, so no pickaxes, no axes, no fishing rods etc.

Plenty of fiber in the cold, look for the dry brush, drops cotton.

8 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

I disagree with you....  The fact there is no sap in the region where people need sap is GOOD design... forces travel this is a good thing..

Oh boy... hope this is meant as joke...

1 minute ago, Artist said:

Oh boy... hope this is meant as joke...

definately not a joke this is a game about sailing why does everyone want to stay rooted down in one place???

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

definately not a joke this is a game about sailing why does everyone want to stay rooted down in one place???

Ed Zachary. It’s a pirate game. What do pirates need in order to *be* pirates?  Merchant shipping.  How do you get merchant shipping in an MMO?  By forcing people to move stuff from where it is to where it’s needed.

There are areas in the tundra with literally no fiber. If you confuse "travelling with a raft full of fibers for 5 grids because thats all you have" with "merchant shipping", I have bad news for you. Esp. since there are no resources up there that other players need (I got an awesome amount of pelts from the neverending spawn of wolves, but you have animals everywhere and can even harvest it from your dead teammates, so whats the point?