Sign in to follow this  
gimpbrush

Managing canons

Hi, as the game now, for manage canon , we need one npc for every canons or there is a skill that allow one npc for a group of canons ?

5 hours ago, gimpbrush said:

Hi, as the game now, for manage canon , we need one npc for every canons or there is a skill that allow one npc for a group of canons ?

So you are asking to see if you can get ONE NPC to handle multiple cannons at once?   

LOL so to make it easier for solo players to sail MASSIVE ships.. no.   

• Like 1

You can get NPCs for just one side of the boat and have them move from port to starboard cannons.  Look into taming groups and the move functions.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Khaler said:

You can get NPCs for just one side of the boat and have them move from port to starboard cannons.  Look into taming groups and the move functions.

Hadnt thought of that... may have to try that, thanks!

thanks, for the reccord it was not intended to be for solo player. but a brigantine is 15 crew at first.

if you build 12 canons 3 Sail, the repair when on the sea it is already 17 including me, without having canon at the front or the back.

But after some tests, i found that the small canon are useless in pvE.

2 hours ago, gimpbrush said:

thanks, for the reccord it was not intended to be for solo player. but a brigantine is 15 crew at first.

if you build 12 canons 3 Sail, the repair when on the sea it is already 17 including me, without having canon at the front or the back.

But after some tests, i found that the small canon are useless in pvE.

Small cannon?  Do you mean the swivel? And yes they are useless against SotD.  

Lastly NPC crew do not repair when at sea.   

i mean the smaller canon, what i dit

it is a brigantine with four large canon at the front and four at the back. Ans i want to add for at the left and at the right.

Best regards.

48 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I mean if you want to be more period correct... A Cannon should have 2-3 npcs per... So can we get period accurate cannon teams please? lol

Try doubling that on the large cannon.

1 hour ago, gimpbrush said:

i mean the smaller canon, what i dit

it is a brigantine with four large canon at the front and four at the back. Ans i want to add for at the left and at the right.

Best regards.

The medium cannon is fine.  I have 4 on the back of my schooner and easily deal with SotD, and I have 4 per side... not sure why though... might replace them with 3 large cannons per side for giggles.  But the medium cannon has different options for shots, like bar shot... spike shot... those are options that the large cannon doesnt have.  

• Like 1

Would love to see them add hot shot to cannons. Throw a cannonball into a forge and heat it to red hot, then throw it into a cannon and fire at a ship. Could limit these to 1 per inventory slot on a the force and limit carrying to 1 at a time but these could be used on coastal forts/batteries. I think the forge weight ought to be increased a LOT more to limit this shot as a use on ships, and also have a chance to possibly drop it when loading it from a boat causing mayhem in your own ship. If it lands it lights the deck on fire and causes burn damage in addition to the impact damage, if it hits the side but doesn't wind up on the deck it just does impact damage but no burn.

Really think they need to increase ship panel health eventually especially for the bigger ships. It should take quite a few solid shots to really damage a ship to sinking, and the sinking rate in battle should probably be increased a bit making an efficient crew important. Although I guess being able to replace panels kind of resolves this. Ultimately ship battles come down to a combination of these 1) who has more ships 2) who has more ammo 3) who has more resources to repair or 4) who actually lands more hits 

while we are at it the medium sail should require 2 crew and the large sail should require 4 crew. furl an unfurl speed should be based on how many crew are assigned with less crew equal to slower speed. but what is realism.

• Like 1

This is a cannon related question but for land. I'v got a fort where my crew members on land won't fire at anything. They aim, they load the cannons and I have them set to aggressive but when iv set the cannons to "attack everything" the crew member dismounts after a half second. They will stay on the cannon if I set it to anything but "Attack everything" Also I have windows that the cannons look out of I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. At a loss guys. 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:58 AM, Thor Ragnarock said:

I mean if you want to be more period correct... A Cannon should have 2-3 npcs per... So can we get period accurate cannon teams please? lol

Actually, it'd be 2 person per (loader and fusilier), another person for every three (bandoleer who delivers shot to the loader), and one to oversee them all (master-at-arms). For large cannons add another loader.

19 hours ago, Dochollyhood said:

Actually, it'd be 2 person per (loader and fusilier), another person for every three (bandoleer who delivers shot to the loader), and one to oversee them all (master-at-arms). For large cannons add another loader.

you're kind of close but not really.

depending on size of the cannon there would be more crew.

12 lb cannon crew

18-lb gun crew
Constitution 24-lb gun crew

... Meanwhile, my handpicked, cutthroat crew of pirates just let themselves get punched to death while "manning" up on a cannon.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:37 PM, gimpbrush said:

thanks, for the reccord it was not intended to be for solo player.

if that was the case NPCs as crew would not have been implemented.