Sign in to follow this  
Virkatjol

FoY is awful.

Far too many obstacles for a required mechanic. Especially when it moves around and server update after server update stop your progress. The creatures are impossible to get past when very few people are trying to complete the mission so it's a test of stupidity on how long you do it until you just decide being old is just fine. What a waste of time.

The more i play this game the more i hate the boxes it puts you in. It's been 700 days (or so) and I'm 97? i started out at 20. please learn how aging works. Also remove a stupid required mechanic to get back the stats for points.

Let people who want a challenge or whatever come to these islands but i just want to sail around and build and tame animals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

after trying the foy content i have decided that i don't wish to support developers who can implement such a brainless mechanic in their game. this after having to do the foy with 160+ ping in a grid with 20 people where anything one shots you and if you somehow succeed to get anywhere near you get rubber banded back to die over and over again. the game has other issues as well but this was the last drop for me. uninstalled the game. good luck to the ones who decide to continue their journey. 

• Like 4

It's hard to keep people playing with these slapstick changes.

• Like 2

There were at least 10 fire elementals surrounding the entrance. Respawning on our sloop resulted in insta death at least 3 times. 2 from a lion just hanging on our boat - knocking me onto another to get stuck - and then murdering me, and one by a fireball. The respawn screen hadn't even fully loaded and i was dead again.

My crewmate and i ran at least 15 times each until we both just gave up because the respawn times with 1 bed left were ridiculous. So we just went back to base.

3/4 beds were also destroyed by things attacking our boat? which is complete BS. 

I made it to the cave entrance once. And then was pounced by 2 lions. Every other time a lion or fire elemental killed me as soon as i left the water or ran 10 feet. 

I guess I'll just be old and haunting forever now.

• Like 1

I agree, I don't know why they didn't make it a treasure map, with a certain percentage of that map being a fountain of youth location. It makes more sense all around, promotes exploration, would be way more fun and doable by individuals. Or just get rid of the mechanic altogether, not sure it has a place in a refugee lumberjack simulator. 

• Like 4