UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

I'm convinced that no matter what they change fix or address for all the crying being done once it's changed fixed or addressed more crying starts.. lol Just seems people bitch for the sake of bitching if you ask me...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jatheish said:

- Sleeping players won't contest claims

So any1 can take my land, when I go to bed to sleep?

Why use so much time gathering/building.. When its all gone when u go to bed??

I can't be online 24/7... 

Please explain to me if im getting this the wrong way!

43 minutes ago, zalvati0n said:

So any1 can take my land, when I go to bed to sleep?

Why use so much time gathering/building.. When its all gone when u go to bed??

I can't be online 24/7... 

Please explain to me if im getting this the wrong way!

2 weeks before they can contest it will be the new standard

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UDO said:

having to rely on information posted on twitter and other places instead of in the actual official forums and patch notes , people then makes posts and comments based on them , not information that appears 2 hours after they made their posts / replys

NPC contesting was always the case. Do they have to list all the game mechanics completely with every patch?
You acknowledge your information is very limited, yet you jump to conclusions right away and blame devs for your lack of information.
Your post should have ended with "how are we meant to have holidays ?", or better yet started with searching the forums for more information.
And even better yet you could have taken that question to official Discord and have the answer right away instead of raising a commotion out of nothing.
So maybe instead of writing complaints based on your imagination of game mechanics,

16 hours ago, UDO said:

get off your fucking high horse and learn to read

before you spread more disinformation like "everything pre-patch is claimable, despite people being online say 12 hours ago"

16 hours ago, UDO said:

prick

20 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Players can still use Crew (which are to be fed and paid) to contest claims.

Which is dumb.. Why can random! npc crew contest claims?

I could just place npcs all over the island and no one can get shit or what? Wtf?

So update on this

The patch will be rolling out probably later this week, maybe Thursday or Friday as we need a bit of time to prepare and test the system. As for the crew thing, it's always been the case and operates like that in the live game, it won't be a new change. Just wanted to let people know that would be an option in the event that they'll need to spend some time away from the game, if they keep their crew paid + fed, they can help keep their claim.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

I could just place npcs all over the island and no one can get shit or what? Wtf?

As long as you provide them with enough gold and food (15 gold and maybe 20-30 eggs a day per npc) once food ends NPC will last another 3 days. Once gold ends it will last another 6 hours. NPCs do not reset protection period, they just do not allo contest timer to tick.
Guess yourself how much gold you will need for an entire island.

Edited by Icedlance

9 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

So update on this

The patch will be rolling out probably later this week, maybe Thursday or Friday as we need a bit of time to prepare and test the system. As for the crew thing, it's always been the case and operates like that in the live game, it won't be a new change. Just wanted to let people know that would be an option in the event that they'll need to spend some time away from the game, if they keep their crew paid + fed, they can help keep their claim.

And why can i just park my npc crew at someone elses claim, and be sure that noone gets it? idk, is this really intended this way?

So if X has land without upkeep, and Y and Z want it both, both can just park their crew at X's claim, and the one who has more gold/food will get it, right?

Cant imagine this is how it should work, maybe i'm just dumb as fuck though lol

1 minute ago, Kimsey said:

So if X has land without upkeep, and Y and Z want it both, both can just park their crew at X's claim, and the one who has more gold/food will get it, right?

That sounds reasonable to me. That or X will login before Y and Z reach an agreement. Therefore I'd say Y and Z should try to negotiate with each other. Because it's an MMO.

Just now, Icedlance said:

That sounds reasonable to me. That or X will login before Y and Z reach an agreement. Therefore I'd say Y and Z should try to negotiate with each other. Because it's an MMO.

Well imo it should be whoever can afford to stay alive and ingame for the longest time, but that would also favor bigger companies.

It makes more sense in my head now that i think about it, but i still dislike it 😄

31 minutes ago, Icedlance said:

NPC contesting was always the case. Do they have to list all the game mechanics completely with every patch?
You acknowledge your information is very limited, yet you jump to conclusions right away and blame devs for your lack of information.
Your post should have ended with "how are we meant to have holidays ?", or better yet started with searching the forums for more information.
And even better yet you could have taken that question to official Discord and have the answer right away instead of raising a commotion out of nothing.
So maybe instead of writing complaints based on your imagination of game mechanics,

before you spread more disinformation like "everything pre-patch is claimable, despite people being online say 12 hours ago"

or again yes they should be listing mechanics that affect how player play the game , its their job to keep players informed of MAJOR game mechanics , also the mecahnics u mention are not in the game yet they are addingmore later this week , till that in the game a lot can be taken claimed more players lost if they lose their base , also timers appear to be 2 days at the moment , very very short i can see a great many more layers logging in for their weekend playtime to nothing ...

and again you say take it too official discord why ? official forums should be the first place for any major  information relating to patches that affect gameplay . 

also if the patch hasnt broken anything then explain how i was able to take over both sides of my beach claim this morning immediatly after the patch ? with active neigbors, land that they took using the flags close toclaim border exploit  

Edited by UDO

30 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

Which is dumb.. Why can random! npc crew contest claims?

hope the devs have thought of that then 🙂

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

and again you say take it too official discord why ? official forums should be the first place for any major  information relating to patches that affect gameplay

first of all, the bit about NPC contesting is not related to patch, because it was not patched in, it was always there.
And you should have used Discord, because that is a place where you can get more or less adequate answer to your question within minutes and instantly clarify any details or conduct a shitfight without flooding a topic with 2-word replies and pointless musings. This topic as of now has 8 pages and probably quite a bit of useful information somehere in it, but even if there is, it is lost under all the "oh i heard this, is it like that?" - "I think so" - "well its too bad" - "well I agree" - "but someone said its not?" - "eh, i don't know."

It takes time for people to find a topic on forum and reply, therefore I personally expect people to not use it as one would use chat.

16 minutes ago, UDO said:

also if the patch hasnt broken anything then explain how i was able to take over both sides of my beach claim this morning immediatly after the patch ? with active neigbors

I do not have enough information to answer that. Maybe they havent visited those particular claims in a long time. Maybe you unintentionally or intentionally used a bug that allows contesting with active upkeep. Maybe they aren't as active as you think. Maybe you didn't take over them, but instead took over some random person. Maybe you're just straight up lying. I have no idea.

21 minutes ago, UDO said:

they should be listing mechanics that affect how player play the game

The barshot was mentioned in the patch. Should they have listed all the game mechanics related to it too? Starting from crafting recipe and ending with damage spread reload etc numbers? If they were mentioning all the related mechanics of the game every time they change something, patchnotes for every patch would be 10 pages long, not even mentioning the time it would take to compile them. Time is a finite resource for them unlike keyboard warriors like us.

i dont like that npc crews can protect your claim. 1 gold per hour is too cheap for such an important job. it should be 50gold per hour! you dont like that? then protect it yourself!

22 hours ago, Sovereign Snow said:

I agree with Lailyn, here. I think the better solution would be a limit of flags per character. This would stop 1 person from claiming entire islands on PvE, knowing they will never use this land, but are only claiming it to have an entire island to themselves. While the more flags the person owns would reduce the timer, it's still ridiculous. Want more land? Recruit people or join a larger company. This would also give more incentive to have larger crews, rather than playing solo.

I understand the mindset of playing solo. I'm nearly solo myself. I work a full-time 40, sometimes 50 hour a week job and this is why I play on the PvE server. I own 1 flag, and that's that. I do not want more land. But it pains me to see others looking for land to just start a base and begin settling down and building a fleet of ships... but can't because there is no land left to claim and one person owns entire islands...

So true , flags , SHOULD be limited by player , I play from my ship , still can’t have a land -.- , everytime I try to claim a flag , someone from the island , that already have enough land says basically f*off ... Right now , I’m already in a 14 hours flag dispute , against a 11 member tribe that’s has already 39 claims -.-

small companies, don’t have any position of claim -.- , and the horders will keep hoarding .... 

Whats the point of making these kind of changes , if doesn’t really fix the problem : Number-of Flags and Overlap 

5 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I'm convinced that no matter what they change fix or address for all the crying being done once it's changed fixed or addressed more crying starts.. lol Just seems people bitch for the sake of bitching if you ask me...

Let me guess, you already have 999 claims . Good for you-.-

28 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

i dont like that npc crews can protect your claim. 1 gold per hour is too cheap for such an important job. it should be 50gold per hour! you dont like that? then protect it yourself!

When you get a real job or a life ... , come talk to me and teach me or WISE ONE 

I`m done with this game. Suddenly I have only 2 claims left. Ther other company on the island have taken over everything. How is this possible. I have been active everyday. The claiming system is jus stupid. Should only be on PVP not PVE. PVE on Atlas is more like PVP. You have to guard your claims and ships.. And I am tired of my dino dissapear or glitch trough structures.  This is the worst PVE  I have tried on an mmo.

Not only are there issues with timeframes/windows/upkeep balance, but the current "4 hours to declaim and anyone running by can stop and reset you to the full 4 hours" is just an avenue for additional PVE griefing.

We started claiming a plot last night, the same two people have been coming through and laying prone JUST to reset the flag to 4 hours repeatedly and then returning every 3 hours because they're upset we didn't let them steal a neighbor's plot over a week ago, and because we called them out for intentionally and repeatedly using a claim overlap exploit.

Really need a balance/common sense pass on that entire system. It doesn't make any sense that someone can come reset your flag to square one just by lying there for a bit, especially when they clearly have no intention of actually trying to outlast you to take it. We're currently on hour 30 of trying to obtain this claim because of their behavior. It's pathetic.

Edited by pope_kd
  • Like 1

There is also the issue that once you GET land, the land may not even be yours to do anything with.

This is what we are dealing with after getting two claims of land. Instead of trying to contest the claims we were after, this company just waited for us to get it then started foundation spamming everywhere. Apparently, the owner of the land before us was there before they moved in, so they couldn't do anything to this land. But now that we took it over because we are the 'new' people, any overlap of the claims they are free to build on no matter what we set our flag too. So they have made it so our 2 flag's of land are useless outside where are little starting shack is.

This is just stupid at this point and it needs to be fixed. What is the point of owning land if once you get it you can't do anything with it?

• Like 1

So how about something positive on the whole claim flag. I have almost 400 hours in game (i have a full time job, children, and am a single parent, so be quiet with your excuses), my company(about 10 of us) where on an island that was taken over by several companies of the same size or larger. They had not logged in for quite some time. There was foundation spam, random building not in use, and entire parts of the island blocked off by large stone gates made (pre-stone nerf). 

with the latest update to the claim flag system we where able to take back all the land, demo the remaining resource blocks, walls, large gates, etc. there are still 2 active companies on the island. When they logged in to see that we got most of the island and returned it to its former beauty (removed all spam, all unused buildings, large gates, etc.) they where so happy. Now several companies in the grid have access to metals, sugars, fibers, woods, etc. They couldn't be happier, in addition to that not a single person that came to visit for more supplies for the home complained about the 30% tax rate, as they have been having to go to other grids to find those resources. 

We keep our lands clean, we keep resources spawning, we keep the wildlife cycling, there are always a wide variety of types. We have open areas of beach so people can make land fall and not have to move around walls or dodge 500 ships parked in a cove entirely too small to fit that many. our whole server grid is much better off.

I think this was a great update, and will enable the good land owners to be able to improve the overall use of the island, and the way they tie into the other islands around the area. Soon we will be opening the beach areas to public build, there is plenty of land for people to come and use.

TL:DR
New claim system helped clean an island and improve QOL for our server grid, and people where happy! Also not a large mega company. Trolls 0  -  Company 1

Edited by Khalista Flintlock
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Quilleute said:

So true , flags , SHOULD be limited by player , I play from my ship , still can’t have a land -.- , everytime I try to claim a flag , someone from the island , that already have enough land says basically f*off ... Right now , I’m already in a 14 hours flag dispute , against a 11 member tribe that’s has already 39 claims -.-

small companies, don’t have any position of claim -.- , and the horders will keep hoarding .... 

Whats the point of making these kind of changes , if doesn’t really fix the problem : Number-of Flags and Overlap 

Let me guess, you already have 999 claims . Good for you-.-

Actually no I have no claimed land.. lol I live in lawless Millercona Chain.. I only have a 3 man crew right now.. I just understand that they sacrificed alot of their vision for all the people who wanted change.. So really we should be happy they are trying to work with us on this.. They weren't as merciful with Ark.. lol Not trying to down on anyone specific just as a whole people keep on crying for whatever reasons it seems like..

9 minutes ago, Khalista Flintlock said:

So how about something positive on the whole claim flag. I have almost 400 hours in game (i have a full time job, children, and am a single parent, so be quiet with your excuses), my company(about 10 of us) where on an island that was taken over by several companies of the same size or larger. They had not logged in for quite some time. There was foundation spam, random building not in use, and entire parts of the island blocked off by large stone gates made (pre-stone nerf). 

with the latest update to the claim flag system we where able to take back all the land, demo the remaining resource blocks, walls, large gates, etc. there are still 2 active companies on the island. When they logged in to see that we got most of the island and returned it to its former beauty (removed all spam, all unused buildings, large gates, etc.) they where so happy. Now several companies in the grid have access to metals, sugars, fibers, woods, etc. They couldn't be happier, in addition to that not a single person that came to visit for more supplies for the home complained about the 30% tax rate, as they have been having to go to other grids to find those resources. 

We keep our lands clean, we keep resources spawning, we keep the wildlife cycling, there are always a wide variety of types. We have open areas of beach so people can make land fall and not have to move around walls or dodge 500 ships parked in a cove entirely too small to fit that many. our whole server grid is much better off.

I think this was a great update, and will enable the good land owners to be able to improve the overall use of the island, and the way they tie into the other islands around the area. Soon we will be opening the beach areas to public build, there is plenty of land for people to come and use.

TL:DR
New claim system helped clean an island and improve QOL for our server grid, and people where happy! Also not a large mega company. Trolls 0  -  Company 1

Flintlock you bastard you left us in lawless??  lol  Also shame on you man you joined someone else and not me.. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Actually no I have no claimed land.. lol I live in lawless Millercona Chain.. I only have a 3 man crew right now.. I just understand that they sacrificed alot of their vision for all the people who wanted change.. So really we should be happy they are trying to work with us on this.. They weren't as merciful with Ark.. lol Not trying to down on anyone specific just as a whole people keep on crying for whatever reasons it seems like..

Flintlock you bastard you left us in lawless??  lol  Also shame on you man you joined someone else and not me.. lol

yes i left, but no i didnt join anyone, we are the flintlock company. just got lucky timing and got a lot of land, there are plenty of resources here you guys should come and join us

1 hour ago, pope_kd said:

the same two people have been coming through and laying prone JUST to reset the flag to 4 hours repeatedly and then returning every 3 hours because they're upset we didn't let them steal a neighbor's plot over a week ago

Sorry, you're upset, that someone is doing to you the same you did to them? 🤔

1 minute ago, Khalista Flintlock said:

yes i left, but no i didnt join anyone, we are the flintlock company. just got lucky timing and got a lot of land, there are plenty of resources here you guys should come and join us

Add me on steam man or I'll add you and we can talk about it brother. 🙂