Jump to content

UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, James Sulivan said:

At least those "nolife neckbeards" seem to have no problem making friends and play together as opposed to guys like you, the "I have a life, job, gf, kids, dog, ..." normies but are, for some fucking unknown reason, so socially inept they can't make friends in games to take care of things while they are offline "having a life".

and yet i have alliances with 4 other companys on the island im on ,my choice to play solo but still socialise in the game .. it has nothign to do with being socailly inept it has everything to do with choice, i did the same in ark yet still managed to form alliances and tame drakes and do all the boss content ..

 

again i say the argument is now mute as seem they are saying 2 weeks timer for low flag claims which means us solo players thta make up a very very large percentage of the player base will be fine , 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're going to be making a change to PvE claims so that the inactivity timer starts at a base of 2 weeks instead of 3 days. Additionally, if you are a person/group with a larger amount of claims, the amount of inactivity timer you have will scale with that and have a lower limit of 3 days. So large companies with multiple flags have less amount of time where their base can be inactive versus those with just a few flags. We'll think on having a minimum before the number starts shrinking, or perhaps it'll just be 1 flag = 2 weeks. These numbers may not be exact and might change by the time we deploy, but that's the general idea. Hoping to get this out to you guys tomorrow. This may not be the perfect/most optimal solution, but we'll go ahead and make this change until we have thought more on our claim design for the overall game.

TLDR:

- Inactive claim timer will cap at 2 weeks, and bottom out at 3 days based on the number of claims you have

- Sleeping players won't contest claims

- NPC Crew can contest claims, but you'll have to feed and pay them otherwise they'll mutiny!

This might be a temporary change as we further evaluate how we want the claim system to work, especially with our new philosophy in mind.

This is a significant improvement.  Thank you.

Ultimately, if you just do a 3-4 week of inactivity "wipe" by killing the players who are inactive you will have come up with a good solution.  Obviously, there are details that would need to be worked out, but what you did by killing off inactive players (as a type of "wipe") was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say that if You want to claim a flag sleepers should count. But only the ones from the same company as the flag. Other sleepers shouldn't count.

AFter 3 weeks they are destroyed anyway and claim can happen.

This way you can claim flags with sleepers and protect your own flags for 3 weeks :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about scaling the claim/steal timer by how long people have been inactive as well? I have to sit here idle in a claim for 4 hours, a claim that belongs to people who only played the week after release. Would be nice to lower the steal timer by say 15 minutes per day they've been offline or something...I dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UDO said:

and yet i have alliances with 4 other companys on the island im on ,my choice to play solo but still socialise in the game ..

which can´t help you at all. its either company or bust 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shintai said:

Since some people think you can´t claim flags with timer here is evidence.

We are currently claiming despite of it.

3F711BE50BC05D9BFFB5FE244BB9ACA9D48E4A07

C15B68CA63301E85F7057864E5C23028B216E815

This is no evidence, this just shows that people only see what they want to see.

The first flag you guys placed was possible due inactivity sleeping body deleting and therefor there was no Timer/Protection.
As soon as you placed your first flag the protection showed up because of the activity you made, the protection Timer is shown because of your teammates flag... 😉

 

Edit: You can even test it...
Tell your teammate to remove his declaiming flag and then place your own, you will have no more protection Timer in your way due him removing his flag and that will let you place your flag...

Edited by Ugg Ugg Uganda
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ugg Ugg Uganda said:

This is no evidence, this just shows that people only see what they want to see.

The first flag you guys placed was possible due inactivity sleeping body deleting and therefor there was no Timer/Protection.
As soon as you placed your first flag the protection showed up because of the activity you made, the protection Timer is shown because of your teammates flag... 😉

 

Edit: You can even test it...
Tell your teammate to remove his declaiming flag and then place your own, you will have no more protection Timer in your way due him removing his flag and that will let you place your flag...

Wrong. Also it was MY flag.

Edited by Shintai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're currently evaluating our claim system and seeing what changes we can make to improve it across the board, as it definitely needs work. It's arguable that the 3 day timer may need to be increased now that we no longer allow sleeping bodies to contest claims, but due to the limited amount of land available and how PvE servers work we have to put measures in place to make sure that land cannot be sat on indefinitely. 

Players can still use Crew (which are to be fed and paid) to contest claims. The sleeping measure we put in place was more so to tackle users who hadn't logged on in days and hadn't planned to but were still contesting their inactive claims because their bodies had not died.

 

Can we at least get a modifier for unofficial for this if its going to be kept like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are sweet changes.We are a small company and want to stay this way. Being able to get land now is huge. Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read jat's origional post and this line:

- NPC Crew can contest claims, but you'll have to feed and pay them otherwise they'll mutiny!

made me curious: are they payed out of their inventory? or do they get payed out of a nearby paychest? how does it work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they can do both, we always make sure the npc have cash on them but also we have a ship resource box if they are in range of take it out of it , now tho matter of making sure they are safe from the raging cobras that can kill stuff thru the walls 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're flexible to changes, and this may only be a temporary measure until we've finalised what we'd like to do for our claim system in general.

Do we have a rate of decay? 

 

for example, at 10 claims you lose a week, 20 claims you lose 10 days, etc etc.  

 

 

Also, the sap in tundra photo you posted, that is the same crop that currently gives cotton / berries.  It is still only giving those, I cleared about 20 k worth of cotton, waiting for it to respawn to see if there is the occasional sap now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao so many post crying I can't go on  holidays for 2 weeks , I took a whole island and don't want to log in everyday so I log once a month or 2 weeks that way nobody can have it and I can have it all to myself. 

Like seriously...........people want 2 weeks? That's a bit much. If your not playing this game for 2 weeks on Offical I'm sorry but this game isn't for you. Get a friend to log in if your on holidays, get a few members for your company and set the rules so they have limited abilities until you can trust them. People have pets and survive and go on holidays without them, I'm sure you can figure it out. 

I also understand there is only  couples playing sometimes so I say give all sleepers a week.  This seems fair but after a week it's up for grabs. This is Official and not solo gameplay.  By asking for 2 weeks won't solve the problem of sleepers and no life gamers just taking land for the fun of it.

To me these are needed changes.Look out ladies cause the people of lawless are about to come get some land.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Notorious said:

These are sweet changes.We are a small company and want to stay this way. Being able to get land now is huge. Keep up the good work!

Until they claim your land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my company has been waiting for a mechanic like this to happen for weeks now because of a certain level 16 guy passed out in his house. He has like 5 claims that nobody can touch and for some reason with this patch it still says the claim is contested. It makes no sense because apparently sleeping bodies cant contest a claim now and these guys havent been around for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Notorious said:

If your not playing this game for 2 weeks on Offical I'm sorry but this game isn't for you.

Not up to you. The company decides on direction. Most of them will choose better profits over your game purity - can't get more PvP than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're flexible to changes, and this may only be a temporary measure until we've finalised what we'd like to do for our claim system in general.

 

6 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're going to be making a change to PvE claims so that the inactivity timer starts at a base of 2 weeks instead of 3 days. Additionally, if you are a person/group with a larger amount of claims, the amount of inactivity timer you have will scale with that and have a lower limit of 3 days. So large companies with multiple flags have less amount of time where their base can be inactive versus those with just a few flags. We'll think on having a minimum before the number starts shrinking, or perhaps it'll just be 1 flag = 2 weeks. These numbers may not be exact and might change by the time we deploy, but that's the general idea. Hoping to get this out to you guys tomorrow. This may not be the perfect/most optimal solution, but we'll go ahead and make this change until we have thought more on our claim design for the overall game.

TLDR:

- Inactive claim timer will cap at 2 weeks, and bottom out at 3 days based on the number of claims you have

- Sleeping players won't contest claims

- NPC Crew can contest claims, but you'll have to feed and pay them otherwise they'll mutiny!

This might be a temporary change as we further evaluate how we want the claim system to work, especially with our new philosophy in mind.

Thanks, that is nice and all.  But what about the overlap exploit?!?  Last night most of my land was "overlapped."  A known group of griefers claimed my neighbors inactive land (3days).  They they used the timing exploit to lay flags inches from my claims.  Now my base is in their territory when i was active just last night.  This sucks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quite interesting on how entitled people are in online communities. All the people in this thread making comments like "if you don't conform to the way I think you should play, then leave the game it's not for you" are just hilarious. I'm not quite sure who all of you who say stuff like this think you are...but you're not. No one actually cares how YOU think others should play. Allow me to add to your ridiculous ideology:

 

1. If your home internet goes out due to outage, you should have purchased business class internet or this isn't the game for you

2. If your power goes out at home, you should have gotten a diesel generator. If not, this isn't the game for you.

3. If you have a death in the family, bring your laptop to the funeral. If you can't do that, this isn't the game for you.

4. On a business trip and your flight home gets cancelled?  You should own a private jet. If not, this isn't the game for you.

 

This is what some of you sound like. Entitlement...look up the definition.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plenty of issues I will take a hard-line stance on, but I'm willing to give the devs some leniency with the whole claim flag thing. It's a tricky issue and no matter what they do someone is going to lose out. And that someone is likely going to be a someone who takes extended leaves of absence from the game. A max 2-week timer at a single claim is more than fair for PVE official servers. They have to draw the line somewhere. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SaintMark said:

Can you please post a explanation on if you have X flag the timer will be Y or how much each flag costs you in time e.g. 1 flag = 1 day etc.

 

Preferably with a little bit of time to adjust our numbers. Side question do the random sea claims in the middle of the oceans people throw out count? I could see that being a total pain trying to back track and remove them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m ok with the changes I just think. Killing inactive players off after x amount of time, and fixing the daisy chaining could have been a much better system and would of regulated itself. Solo players could only protect 1 claim basically for longer than 3 days. Larger companies could protect more. Solo players could go on vacation and not worry about losing everything, but at the same time new players could find land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AtlasRyan said:

Preferably with a little bit of time to adjust our numbers. Side question do the random sea claims in the middle of the oceans people throw out count? I could see that being a total pain trying to back track and remove them all.

This is something i'd like to know to if sea claims count towards the timer. If not then fine, if they do then i'll remove some. I don't really care about sea claims, the only reason I have a few is to cover the area around my base to prevent the silly overlapping and that I don't feel squashed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mephos said:

which can´t help you at all. its either company or bust 

not really ,socialising in the game is good enough and allys can help with killing hydras / cyclops etc so to say its doesnt help shows your lack of how the game works how socialising works how helping others works   , which u claim isnt possible for solo players who have jobs / lifes / friends outside games ..

 

again mute points now as 2 week timer on flags solves this issue or will once impelemented , which u have to ask yourself would it have been had this thread not kicked off and had the replys and suggestions it has had in it ? 

 

solo players/duo companys  make up a larger pecentage of the player base than u realise , 

58 minutes ago, Serapis Bey said:

 

Thanks, that is nice and all.  But what about the overlap exploit?!?  Last night most of my land was "overlapped."  A known group of griefers claimed my neighbors inactive land (3days).  They they used the timing exploit to lay flags inches from my claims.  Now my base is in their territory when i was active just last night.  This sucks.

 

i was lucky when this happened to me as my base wasnt wihtin the zone they overlapped but shouldnt have happened anyway 

 

why they cant change the radius to a hexagon i dont know then the claims could only snap to each other no more over lapping , i realise this would leave areas unclaimed but the overlaps would no longer be a thing ...

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 weeks is way to much Jat, please dont change it to that long. Make it so people have to work for it. So why not do this. Buy an NPC if your going on holidays. Have gold and make Jerky to feed that NPC, in the cooking tree there will be stuff to craft that will make your food last 2 weeks if your going on holidays. This way a person has to at least put in some effort to keep land for 2 weeks if they don't log in. NPC can stay active as long as it has food and gold. This is fair and to me makes everyone happy. NPC will act as a player that way your land is safe while your on holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×