UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

Alright because i was bored at work, and this might be easier to understand what i am mostly complaining about. Here is an illustration of how 1 asshole can troll nearly an entire island with a claim. Note:  in this illustration there needs to be some kind of water on the dead claim for this to work, but there are ways to do this even with land claims depending on where its placed in the existing claim, but this is by far the most damaging with a single claim. 

image.png.7ef7d8ee9a3da9e83a8be97574a7ca6a.pngimage.png.3d0c98e0e127c964a4f62953b25db8ee.png

In Picture 2 which would be a "water claim" so its double the size the "Asshole" steals every building piece of all of the other companies(foundations, ceilings, walls, chests, shipyards, smithes, etc.) which it overlaps. Literally all 4 companies could lose their stuff from this. And now that the "assholes" own all those buildings and what not, the other companies cant even build anything new because it will be too close to an enemy foundation. Those companies did nothing wrong except be irl sleeping when this patch came out at 2 in the morning. I made a post for the devs to fix this stuff before releasing this patch....didn't care.

Like UDO said, companies are forced to scoop up every little bit of land they can around their base not from greed but to protect themselves. Not only do I myself need to make sure I pay my upkeep every 48 hours. I have to worry about my neighbors as well.

Edited by AtlasRyan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Icedlance said:

Yeah, one last thing. You are extremely pleasant to talk to on forums. I don't doubt you are as lovely in the game, no surprise your neighbors are so eager to please you.

Buddy, my neighbors all love me. I'm pleasant to people that aren't being assumptive and making uninformed commentary. I'm not pleasant to a) the exploiters trying to overlap land claims using a bug in the claim system on our island, hence stopping them from claiming my neighbor's land in the first place or b) know-it-all shitposters on official forums. 

You're somewhere in b-ish. 

OKAY SO YOU MADE A PIRATE GAME RIGHT?  SO IN A PIRATE GAME YOU DO PIRATE STUFF YEAH? 

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU GIVE IN TOO ALL THESE CRY BABIES AND THEIR TERRITORIES ? 

saying that the timer was too short bc they didn't login for a few days is BS. now what you have done is make so NOBODY ACTUALLY HAS TOO PLAY THE GAME!! THIS IS NOT FAIR FOR THE ACTIVE COMMUNITY WHO WORK HARDER AND ENJOY THE GAME MORE FOR WHAT IT IS. A PIRATE GAME!!! NOW HOW THE HELL ARE WE EVEN SO SUPPOSED TO BE PIRATES!? WHEN ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS LOG IN ONCE A MONTH??? THIS IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME FOR ME!!! THIS IS ABOUT BEING PIRATES!! if the people want their stuff to be there in a month then they can go play Minecraft. A game that was meant for that. BUT AROUND HERE WE ARE PIRATES!!! PLEASE DONT CHANGE THAT!!! 

I propose an alternative. instead of making it 21days forever, make to where they can have a 21day claim reset the company can use once or twice a year. or even have a 5daytimer. but not this. ITS GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING THIS GAME IS!!! PLEASE DONT DO THAT!!! YO HO YO HO A PIRATES LIFE MEE *starts crying*

• Thanks 1

I assume you are on a PvE server as otherwise you would just go and take things. What exactly will you be pirating on a PvE server? Perhaps you got the servers confused?

While I agree, that "pirating" on a PVE server is dumb, 3 weeks of protection is an overkill. No one ill play this game. Active player will have to wait months for inactive players to get bored enough to not even login to refresh claim protection. Less active players will get even more inactive as they have no incentive to play now.

• Thanks 1

I am amazed at the future predictions that people make about the game here, and the only thing they do is to mourn because their inactivity they stole the land in PVE and went from earning resources and gold with taxes to having to pay them 🤣🤣🤣