UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

yha was hoping would catch that..some peopel have been trying to claim the new system is letting them steal anyones land reguardless of the protection system 😛

• Haha 1

Good change and two weeks for a claim or two sounds reasonable.   There had to be a line, and the "I can only log in one day every other month,  what about me! " crowd will never be happy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pax said:

yha was hoping would catch that..some peopel have been trying to claim the new system is letting them steal anyones land reguardless of the protection system 😛

Protection is changed from 3 to 2 days now. If people are out on discovery journeys or didn´t run around refreshing they can lose it.

50 minutes ago, Icedlance said:

Another moron starts blaming everyone for everything without knowing how it works.
Your stupidity is your own problem. You are making up problems for yourself just to have a reason to be angry.

Fucking NPC can still contest fucking claims, which you would have fucking thought about if you weren't a fucking entitled asshole out for fucking blood.

And if you have too many claims to put an NPC defending each of them, while also not having enough people in your company, that at least one of them isn't on holiday, then you don't deserve to have that many claims.

another aggressive abusive prick that likes to use harsh aggressive words to make himself feel good ..

the npc contesting claims was not in the latest patch notes.for this morning patch notes belwo if u dont belive me asshole ....

so get off your fucking high horse and learn to read and understand , having to rely on information posted on twitter and other places instead of in the actual official forums and patch notes , people then makes posts and comments based on them , not information that appears 2 hours after they made their posts / replys .so just go crawl back into that little hole u sprang out of ..

v16.33

- Fixed Barshot so that it now targets sails and acts a slow through to incapacitating a ship's movement as intended.
- Company Flags will now update properly onto www.playatlas.com
- PvE servers will now automatically kill any character that has not been logged in for 4 weeks. Official Network only.
- PvE servers can now use the homeserver option which disables replication on sleeping/logged off bodies. (Non Default but enabled on Official Network). 

Game.ini:
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bHomeServerDontReplicateLoggedOutPlayers=1
(enables logged off/sleeping players from replicating on home servers)
bPvEDontReplicateLoggedOutPlayers=1
(enables non-replicating logged off/sleeping players on all PvE servers)

- Climbing on other boat's ladders now disabled in PvE if the ship is anchored
- PvE claim flags now only allow logged in players to contest the claim
- Fixed a bug which would cause the activity timer on PvE claimflags to tick into the negatives. Also updated so the timer now displays days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Tamed Dragon lifespan reduced to 3 hours
- Tamed Dragon damage reduced by 33%
- Tamed Dragon health reduced by 33%
- Added Effect descriptions to Music and Cooking Recipes
- Fixed an incorrect fiber reference in crafting barshot
- Dead Bodies will now replicate on servers (Freeports and all PVE) which do not replicate sleeping or logged off players

Edited by UDO

Just now, Shintai said:

Protection is changed from 3 to 2 days now. If people are out on discovery journeys or didn´t run around refreshing they can lose it.

that seems to be an oversight cause of the change in the timer. We dont know if the claims will expire them 00:00 yet

40 minutes ago, Mephos said:

anyone can confirm this?

exactly nothing in patch notes so the asshole that posted this needs to post sources ..

If you change claim lenght then you need to limit people from having  more then like 5 claims for small companies and so on cause people with 30+ claims is silly. Also clean all the dam sea claims in the middle of the sea...

1 minute ago, Ravenguard said:

If you change claim lenght then you need to limit people from having  more then like 5 claims for small companies and so on cause people with 30+ claims is silly. Also clean all the dam sea claims in the middle of the sea...

Sea claims need to go, I agree. A sea claim is also much bigger than a land claim. hence why it´s "abused" along the shore lines.

• Like 1

They wont limit the amount of claims, As the more claims you have the less protection you will get and the faster it is for somoen to steal.  So the more claims you have the harder it is for you to keep the mall

1 minute ago, Pax said:

They wont limit the amount of claims, As the more claims you have the less protection you will get and the faster it is for somoen to steal.  So the more claims you have the harder it is for you to keep the mall

You need like 100+ claims personally to have any real threat, people with like 10 claims still can sit and contest for like 5-6 hour timers.

25 minutes ago, Humera said:

How would the current changes affect people that are coming home from work or waking up in a few hours? There's still the 3 day inactivity timer that needs to go down plus however long for the declaiming...I don't see why you would mention something that isn't a problem?

Old flags don't get the 3 day timer...at all. The only reason I have mine is because I sleep there. So yeah I might get off work to no base at all. Guaranteed I am done with the game if I lost everything while I am at work.

3 minutes ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

Old flags don't get the 3 day timer...at all. The only reason I have mine is because I sleep there. So yeah I might get off work to no base at all. Guaranteed I am done with the game if I lost everything while I am at work.

So you're telling me that everything pre-patch is claimable, despite people being online say 12 hours ago, as long as nobody logged in on them after the patch?

Edited by Humera

10 minutes ago, Humera said:

So you're telling me that everything pre-patch is claimable, despite people being online say 12 hours ago, as long as nobody logged in on them after the patch?

looks that way 😞

3 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're going to be making a change to PvE claims so that the inactivity timer starts at a base of 2 weeks instead of 3 days. Additionally, if you are a person/group with a larger amount of claims, the amount of inactivity timer you have will scale with that and have a lower limit of 3 days. So large companies with multiple flags have less amount of time where their base can be inactive versus those with just a few flags. We'll think on having a minimum before the number starts shrinking, or perhaps it'll just be 1 flag = 2 weeks. These numbers may not be exact and might change by the time we deploy, but that's the general idea. Hoping to get this out to you guys tomorrow. This may not be the perfect/most optimal solution, but we'll go ahead and make this change until we have thought more on our claim design for the overall game.

TLDR:

- Inactive claim timer will cap at 2 weeks, and bottom out at 3 days based on the number of claims you have

- Sleeping players won't contest claims

- NPC Crew can contest claims, but you'll have to feed and pay them otherwise they'll mutiny!

This might be a temporary change as we further evaluate how we want the claim system to work, especially with our new philosophy in mind.

33 minutes ago, UDO said:

exactly nothing in patch notes so the asshole that posted this needs to post sources ..

Please scroll back to page 2 of this thread.. and seet Jat tell you that this is a COMING feature

Edited by Pax

25 minutes ago, Humera said:

that is correct. i logged in from work to check and could claim all my neighbors (don´t know how long they were offline, but this is normally a relatively active community on my island)

Same issues are going to happen here as it did in ark. 3 days is to short but you will have those who log in once a week refresh and feed and leave. meanwhile that land could go to a player who wants to play. People abuse no matter which way you go , you cannot make everyone happy but same time pvp and pve are very differnt and you keep doing the same rules on pve as pvp. This is why so many people left ark and why so many are leaving now.

Ontop of that you have issues that need to be addressed and fixed , people bought this game for there own reasons breeding is messed up, taming is messed up the hit box to feed is so tiny now. I enjoy a challenge but not having to spend staying up for 72 hours feeding it every minute.

I love this game more then ark and i know it will take time, huge potential lots of fun .

12 minutes ago, Pax said:

Please scroll back to page 2 of this thread.. and seet Jat tell you that this is a COMING feature

again wasnt in the orginal patch notes, which is what a lot of replys are based on 

I find that reasonable with 3 days but you should also think about introducing a flag limit and a company limit so that the mega companys can not claim whole servers

This is not 100% true. i know places that had upkeep before the patch still do. Anythign thats claimable that i have seen was claimable before the patch just now there are no more sleepers.

2 hours ago, UDO said:

this is ok for no life neckbeards people have holidauys so they go away for holiday in the sun , come back having to start all over again .?

At least those "nolife neckbeards" seem to have no problem making friends and play together as opposed to guys like you, the "I have a life, job, gf, kids, dog, ..." normies but are, for some fucking unknown reason, so socially inept they can't make friends in games to take care of things while they are offline "having a life".

Edited by James Sulivan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Sulivan said:

At least those "nolife neckbeards" seems to have no problems making friends and play together opposed to guys like you, the "I have a life, job, gf, kids, dog, ..." normies but are, for some fucking unknown reason, so socially inept they can't make friends in games to take care of things while they off "having a life".

Logical fallacy. You can be friends with the entire player base and still play solo and have a life. No I do not play solo.

If you are going to troll, at least put some effort in it: 0/10

Since some people think you can´t claim flags with timer here is evidence.

We are currently claiming despite of it.

3F711BE50BC05D9BFFB5FE244BB9ACA9D48E4A07

C15B68CA63301E85F7057864E5C23028B216E815

23 minutes ago, Fefu said:

You can be friends with the entire player base and still play solo and have a life. No I do not play solo.

The fuck are you talking about?

People in that situation would have no logical reason to be in here, complaining about that change, in the first place.

Edited by James Sulivan

Is PVE all solo players? Is there no overlap in company members getting on and taking time off to keep a claim? I can see this being bad for solo players. If you are in a company of even a few people I don't see the 3 days being a big deal. I can agree maybe pushing it to 4 days to match lawless. You are going to have to login at some point during a week to feed tames unless you plan to let those die.

Just now, James Sulivan said:

The fuck are talking about?

People in that situation would have no logical reason to be in here complaining about that change.

Yes they would because as solo players they would still need to log in every few days which impacts their real life. And yet they have loads of friends. For example I travel for 4 days every 2 weeks and take at least x1 14 day vacation every year. This has nothing to do with friends or socially inept. This is a choice to play solo which for the moment the game allows and Jat himself just said that they want to encourage it.

Anyway, Jat is now talking about 2 weeks inactive for 1 claim. As you see the developers do not believe in your 'friends' theory.

• Like 2