UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

Fucking NPC can still contest fucking claims, which you would have fucking thought about if you weren't a fucking entitled asshole out for fucking blood.

anyone can confirm this?

37 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

like someone said. long time inactive flags should simple despawn and new players can see the free spot right away. easy solution. i like the anti sleeper change, if you dont find 5 mins in 3days to login to refresh the timer then get fucked. inactive players sleeping on their claims is huge problem on pve.

you need to make this game more "new player friendly" or its gonna die out super fast.

this is ok for no life neckbeards people have holidauys so they go away for holiday in the sun , come back having to start all over again .?

4 minutes ago, Mephos said:

well, I just went to my neighbor whom I talked to yesterday evening and placed a claim flag in the middle of his base beside his sleeping body. 

declaiming started instantly

GOOD TIMES! .. love that you force me to login every 3d and run through all of my claims hoping I hit every single one before losing all my progression in PvE. 

Glad I´ll have to decide between my 2 week holiday with my family and ATLAS "keeping my base where I invested 500h"

good job.. really good job. 

u make it seem like u have a lot of territory, are u one of the people claiming a large part of an island??

3 minutes ago, ELMOGER said:

u make it seem like u have a lot of territory, are u one of the people claiming a large part of an island??

We are a company of 5 people and have around 3 water and 5 land claims which we maintain. Nothing big.

@Jatheish, We're going to need to see more information about our own claims as well, we need to know how long our claims are protected, how each new claim will affect our protection timer, etc.... I understand getting the balance of info provided is going to take time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mephos said:

well, I just went to my neighbor whom I talked to yesterday evening and placed a claim flag in the middle of his base beside his sleeping body. 

declaiming started instantly

GOOD TIMES! .. love that you force me to login every 3d and run through all of my claims hoping I hit every single one before losing all my progression in PvE. 

Glad I´ll have to decide between my 2 week holiday with my family and ATLAS "keeping my base where I invested 500h"

good job.. really good job. 

anyone can confirm that NPC crew member in your claims protect them?

"run through ALL my claims hoping you hit every single one".....you just hit the proverbial nail on it's head, being a solo player and able to claim that much land.

1 minute ago, Mephos said:

We are a company of 5 people and have around 3 water and 5 land claims which we maintain. Nothing big.

since ur a company of 5 y would u be worried about going on holidays they can do it while ur away?????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ELMOGER said:

since ur a company of 5 y would u be worried about going on holidays they can do it while ur away?????

I´m alone, the claims are from 5 people that´s why we have a few more. The others all stopped playing (like majority of my island). 

Also I doubt that it is possible to have a rational discussion with you. You are probably the mob that screams for land cause

you just came to late to get one. We were there on the first day and now should lose most of the land because some people came in later and have no issues finding land? What nonsense, as if any game with land would work like that. It´s always been .. either land is instanced and everyone has the same or land is open world and then the first who grabs it keeps it. Done. 

Edited by Mephos

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We're going to be making a change to PvE claims so that the inactivity timer starts at a base of 2 weeks instead of 3 days. Additionally, if you are a person/group with a larger amount of claims, the amount of inactivity timer you have will scale with that and have a lower limit of 3 days. So large companies with multiple flags have less amount of time where their base can be inactive versus those with just a few flags. We'll think on having a minimum before the number starts shrinking, or perhaps it'll just be 1 flag = 2 weeks. These numbers may not be exact and might change by the time we deploy, but that's the general idea. Hoping to get this out to you guys tomorrow. This may not be the perfect/most optimal solution, but we'll go ahead and make this change until we have thought more on our claim design for the overall game.

TLDR:

- Inactive claim timer will cap at 2 weeks, and bottom out at 3 days based on the number of claims you have

- Sleeping players won't contest claims

- NPC Crew can contest claims, but you'll have to feed and pay them otherwise they'll mutiny!

This might be a temporary change as we further evaluate how we want the claim system to work, especially with our new philosophy in mind.

***Edit I misunderstood the upkeep timer, I still think my overall point is valid, but not in this case. Thanks for clarification. *****

Why the insistence on releasing half finished mechanics? Why not release mechanic changes at once?

Half finished aging mechanic making the 1 way to deal with it entirely broken to deal with in which you count on the lag to slow down ai to sneak by as you gauntlet run to the finish line ( not engaging game play).

Now a half modified claim system that means alot of people are waking up in a few hours or getting off work to find out they no longer have bases.... but dont worry the "rest" of the changes to fix that are coming "soon".  Meaning they wont be able to get their land back when you release the changes.

These "windows" of carelessness are where the problems happen. Especially in a pve environment, you are creating holes that allow the trolls and grief driven pvers chance to cause havoc. The full picture of changes sound great, releasing it in pieces is going to, and has already, only made things worse.

Love the game, I love the work you all do, I just dont understand half finished mechanics. Could be a very good reason and im happy to be educated. Outside looking in though, seems like a bad habbit.

Happy Wednesday!

Edited by TehG00SE
  • Like 3

I dont get why PvE cant have a different system. Have marked build zones on islands, have Limited amounts of marked zones claimed by a company unless they spend and maintain skill points in a skill tree for it. Limited zones so people dont build on things like iron mines and stuff.

4 minutes ago, TehG00SE said:

Now a half modified claim system that means alot of people are waking up in a few hours or getting off work to find out they no longer have bases.... but dont worry the "rest" of the changes to fix that are coming "soon".  Meaning they wont be able to get their land back when you release the changes.

I have declaimed and razed bases of people I know played yesterday. Wonder if they ragequit today 🙂

• Thanks 1

but what about ladders and zip lines people use to get around

2 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

I dont get why PvE cant have a different system. Have marked build zones on islands, have Limited amounts of marked zones claimed by a company unless they spend and maintain skill points in a skill tree for it. Limited zones so people dont build on things like iron mines and stuff.

5 minutes ago, TehG00SE said:

How would the current changes affect people that are coming home from work or waking up in a few hours? There's still the 3 day inactivity timer that needs to go down plus however long for the declaiming...I don't see why you would mention something that isn't a problem?

Just now, ELMOGER said:

but what about ladders and zip lines people use to get around

I dont think ladder or Ziplines block anything so those would count under campfires, i mean things that have blocking like gates foundations and chests.

2 minutes ago, Shintai said:

I have declaimed and razed bases of people I know played yesterday. Wonder if they ragequit today 🙂

And how did you manage that? everyone else isnt able to claim over top of somthign that has upkeep>?

Just now, Shintai said:

We have also, simply because we have more people on more hours and had a neighbor or 2 we didnt get along with so they would def be doing it to us if they woke up first.

Before we were at an standoff and forced to deal, now we were able to slip in this window of change and likely chase someone out of the game...under the guise of doing it before they did it to us. 

1 minute ago, TehG00SE said:

We have also, simply because we have more people on more hours and had a neighbor or 2 we didnt get along with so they would def be doing it to us if they woke up first.

Before we were at an standoff and forced to deal, now we were able to slip in this window of change and likely chase someone out of the game...under the guise of doing it before they did it to us. 

how tho? They would need to be offline for 3 days first?

2 minutes ago, Humera said:

How would the current changes affect people that are coming home from work or waking up in a few hours? There's still the 3 day inactivity timer that needs to go down plus however long for the declaiming...I don't see why you would mention something that isn't a problem?

Only thing protecting them was being offline on the claim, they have had the claim for months, well over the 3 day protection. 

Thats my point, the activity timer isnt in place yet. 

4 minutes ago, Pax said:

And how did you manage that? everyone else isnt able to claim over top of somthign that has upkeep>?

did the same with people.. just logged in and declaimed their stuff. 

god so many tears this evening and so many rage quits incoming

Only thing protecting them was being offline on the claim, they have had the claim for months, well over the 3 day protection. 

So they've been inactive for all that time, just sleeping on the claim so you couldn't claim it. I don't see a problem with that?

The activity timer has been in place for several weeks.

724A8B30E1D10F2D8CDF8B94E564A97F0B0DE011

7 minutes ago, Pax said:

The "upkeep" is part of the "rest" of the changes isnt it? I feel like this guy was just online yesterday.... and he has no home now.

If im wrong and the 3 day is in place and I read it wrong, thats another story, but im fairly sure this guys active.

Edited by TehG00SE

Plain and simple if your going away for a few weeks or even a week try and find a friend or ally company to help with your claims. The whole point of the game is piracy there has to be a reward system for playing.  You want to build a huge base without a risk of losing it then play on private. You want to lower the risk build a galleon or two to hold all of your mats.  This isn’t an extreme move by the devs as they stated sleeping people were never supposed to contest claims in the first place. 

I’m in a small 3 person company and I know there’s a risk when I go on holidays especially since my wife is my most active member but this encourages us to sail around the map looking for new lands. 

Edited by hewij4
  • Like 1

Ok so if your popping in and droppign a flag and stealing this is from them being out of the game for weeks and they bodies being deleted.  But your not stealing land from somone that was active lastnight. 

Yha the threeday protection system has been on and working for weeks now...

What your reading in the note from jat is a change in the sytem. Much liek the steal timer where the more flags you have the shorter the protection window.  This is a change to an existing system

Edited by Pax
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pax said:

Ok so if your popping in and droppign a flag and stealing this is from them being out of the game for weeks and they bodies being deleted.  But your not stealing land from somone that was active lastnight. 

Yha the threeday protection system has been on and working for weeks now...

What your reading in the note from jat is a change in the sytem. Much liek the steal timer where the more flags you have the shorter the protection window.  This is a change to an existing system

Appreciate the edit, no trolling intended. I guess the guys took a long weekend.

Thanks for the clarification.

Have a good day all!