UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

41 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We're going to be making a change to PvE claims so that the inactivity timer starts at a base of 2 weeks instead of 3 days. Additionally, if you are a person/group with a larger amount of claims, the amount of inactivity timer you have will scale with that and have a lower limit of 3 days. So large companies with multiple flags have less amount of time where their base can be inactive versus those with just a few flags. We'll think on having a minimum before the number starts shrinking, or perhaps it'll just be 1 flag = 2 weeks. These numbers may not be exact and might change by the time we deploy, but that's the general idea. Hoping to get this out to you guys tomorrow. This may not be the perfect/most optimal solution, but we'll go ahead and make this change until we have thought more on our claim design for the overall game.

TLDR:

- Inactive claim timer will cap at 2 weeks, and bottom out at 3 days based on the number of claims you have

- Sleeping players won't contest claims

- NPC Crew can contest claims, but you'll have to feed and pay them otherwise they'll mutiny!

This might be a temporary change as we further evaluate how we want the claim system to work, especially with our new philosophy in mind.

Can we get an interface for seeing/abandoning flags? Or maybe as a cleanup just let inactive flags expire at some point.

Any chance you will fix the old flags?

I have a claim that I cannot replace because someone overlapped it. The only reason I still have it is because I sleep on it.

I know that it's not benifiting from the three day timer because I logged in to it at half mast

Edited by Dumb1Bunny

can u let us unclaim from the map? i have a few stupid claims out at sea i dont want effecting my claim time?

1 minute ago, WookieeStick said:

Speaking of overlapping. Does this still happen

atlas claims.jpg

yes…..

8 minutes ago, Khitsune said:

The only thing i think its missing here its the company being able to see its own upkeep timer.  Do we need to guess what claim needs to be took care? We are a small company with 2 bases.

Note: This kind of change only benefits the 5 huge companies that own half of the entire server and have 200 players each.

Companies SHOULD be able to see their own upkeep timers without having someone else coming in and trying to drop a flag and having to tell them........

Please add this in!!!!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WookieeStick said:

Speaking of overlapping. Does this still happen

atlas claims.jpg

Taken moments ago.

35b1a201fba0790f2b6d95ca2b79d28c.jpg

Edited by Sovereign Snow

Hey, I think the sleepers replication part needs to be returned, I have suddenly so much issues saving my friends from holes, until now there was a way to drag them out while they were sleeping...or in case they crashed/disconnected I was able to loot their bodies...

1 minute ago, IcyAxe said:

Hey, I think the sleepers replication part needs to be returned, I have suddenly so much issues saving my friends from holes, until now there was a way to drag them out while they were sleeping...or in case they crashed/disconnected I was able to loot their bodies...

I suggest having personal lockers to put everything, or valuables, away into when logging out to prevent loss of items when this happens.

1 minute ago, Sovereign Snow said:

I suggest having personal lockers to put everything, or valuables, away into when logging out to prevent loss of items when this happens.

Yeah, but what if you are in the middle of the fight... he timeouts (it happens to me a lot sometimes i get disconnected every 1min). I can't loot his body...

I know about personal lockers we are using them already. But for example sleepers on the ship still count. If i tame something or i want to bring what ever it is home that takes crew space. He still counts toward a crew member. Usually I had throw them overboard if that issue arised, but now its impossible. And some of my friends sometimes leave heavy valuable gear on them.

1 minute ago, IcyAxe said:

But for example sleepers on the ship still count. He still counts toward a crew member. Usually I had throw them overboard if that issue arises, but now its impossible.

I can definitely see the problem here.

... found a solution ...

Edited by Litvan
found a way around it

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

TLDR:

- Inactive claim timer will cap at 2 weeks, and bottom out at 3 days based on the number of claims you have

Im fine with this, but i would like a way to see my current timer and not just the timer on enemy claimflags.

• Like 4

like someone said. long time inactive flags should simple despawn and new players can see the free spot right away. easy solution. i like the anti sleeper change, if you dont find 5 mins in 3days to login to refresh the timer then get fucked. inactive players sleeping on their claims is huge problem on pve.

you need to make this game more "new player friendly" or its gonna die out super fast.

Edited by TheCoolGuy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

People keep forgetting that this game is intended to be played in groups, even though I don't like it either (solo player by heart). Bringing up the whole "oh poor me needs 2 weeks holidays" time after time is not helping. First of all, you dont go on holiday every month, so we're talking about let's say 3 weeks out of 52. Your boss will want to know your holiday well ahead of time as well, so how about you plan for it as well? If you know you will be on holiday in june, either make friends before that or ask a friend to log on every so often.

The funny thing about all these comments as well is that all of the people complaining are people that actually managed to get claims and they forget that most of the people on lawless islands are there out of necessity.

Anyways, the devs could implement something that once per year you can activate a 2 or 3 week grace period. If that's not enough to cover your holidays, you have nothing to complain about...being able to go on holidays multiple times a year 😄

• Haha 1

seems its 2 days for flags friend of mine checked my flags recent upkeep this morning showing 1day 23 hours and few mins ? 

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Perhaps three days isn't long enough but quite frankly with a limited amount of land in the game, your claim can't be safe forever without you logging in.

You're worried about what happens if you go on vacation. So lets say you go on vacation for two weeks.... should you be allowed to occupy part of the game world for two weeks when you're not even playing? I'd argue no. If you want to own territory in the game, you should have to play the game regularly to maintain it. That's always been the rule with games where the player was able to own part of a limited world.

id would disagree , people have holidasy 10 days is normal , why do we lose all we have built / done becausre we have real lifes as well ?

• Like 3

Just now, UDO said:

id would disagree , people have holidasy 10 days is normal , why do we lose all we have built / done becausre we have real lifes as well ?

Exactly. 2 weeks for a couple of flags would be good.

have 3 claim flags that last 2 weeks would be perfectly fine, its when u have over that (depending on clan size/activity) 4 hours would suffice for most than pick a your main territories to last longer, the 4 hour ones could be for taxing and resource protection

well, I just went to my neighbor whom I talked to yesterday evening and placed a claim flag in the middle of his base beside his sleeping body. 

declaiming started instantly

GOOD TIMES! .. love that you force me to login every 3d and run through all of my claims hoping I hit every single one before losing all my progression in PvE. 

Glad I´ll have to decide between my 2 week holiday with my family and ATLAS "keeping my base where I invested 500h"

good job.. really good job. 

Fucking NPC can still contest fucking claims, which you would have fucking thought about if you weren't a fucking entitled asshole out for fucking blood.

anyone can confirm that NPC crew member in your claims protect them?

Edited by Mephos

1 hour ago, Pax said:

If somone has an entire island claimed they would be like 15 min steals. 

Only AFTER they have been offline for at least 3 days

Edited by Humera

19 minutes ago, ELMOGER said:

have 3 claim flags that last 2 weeks would be perfectly fine, its when u have over that (depending on clan size/activity) 4 hours would suffice for most than pick a your main territories to last longer, the 4 hour ones could be for taxing and resource protection

we need way as per your comment to maybe select 3 flags that are main they have 2 week timers rest as u say are just really resource areas