UDO

PvE Claim Flag concerns with Latest Update

1 minute ago, Stabby said:

Get a friend. This mechanic would encourage guild recruitment. Perhaps there could even be a craftable item that's placed on claims (mastercraft) that will extend it up to two weeks. Make it brutal to craft. The crafting equivalent to Golden Ruins. Trading rare items could make this a fun mechanic as well.

Not sure about the friend part, but the other is an idea, earn something to increase claim time. Shows you're active if you're willing to make said item.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herasea said:

Not sure about the friend part, but the other is an idea, earn something to increase claim time. Shows you're active if you're willing to make said item.

There are many, many islands that have nothing but wood, roots, stone, etc. Nothing special. Perhaps a rare spawn would increase property value. Maybe even have it island hop locations every day. In trading these things would go for a fortune. Not too rare that they're unobtainable tho.

48 minutes ago, Astiria said:

How about you "evaluate" before making changes, maybe involve the community and then change it? You and your team always move from one extreme to the opposite extreme without any thought about it whatsoever it seems. It should be plainly obvious that if you remove the ability to contest while sleeping, 3 days is way too short. People do have jobs, they have a private life and even go on vacations. Dedication is fine, but please get real. How would you feel if you take a 2 weeks break with your family and when you return, will have lost everything you worked for in your spare time for the past months?

How about avoiding speaking about "community" when you obviously have a big issue with that change because you play alone in your own corner?

You would not have to worry about it if you had teammates playing when you are not.

People have jobs and take vacation? Fine. But real functional people have the ability to socialize and make friends. If you didn't have any joining you when the EA got released then start making new ones in game.

Everyone who has a problem with this update are loners who want to stay isolated for some reason when the game is obviously not designed to cater to their playstyle. Then they whine like infantile adults when they realize it's a multiplayer game where they better team up or lose all their shit whether it's PvE or PvP.

It's a GOOD change, because it hammers the nail on its head for people who still think they can play solo on Official servers when it's clearly not meant to be. Get your own personal server if you really don't want to play with anyone.

Edited by James Sulivan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

How many times a year you go on a holiday?

And if you are on holiday someone from your company will be able to keep the flag upkeep. This change is really good because many people are sleeping since more than 3 weeks having tons of land, this is why the lawless regions are clustered. This game focuses on team play so "I'm solo" is not an excuse.

Even most people from my company are sleeping for more than a week without even losing 1 hp and keeping the claims contested. This is a good change because people with no claims will be able to get some land from the sleeper contesters.

@Jatheish

hi,

i would like to ask why claim flag isnt limited for every player? Like 1 Player can set 3 Flaggs and if u want more Claim u need to be in a Crew.

Crews geht a LVL system and earn LVLs for the things what crew members do( gathering, fighting bla etc)

If a crew has a higher lvl it also can have more claim flaggs.

Sorry for my english 😛

• Like 1

Just now, CamsterAu said:

Mmm, not sold on a 2 week timer, that's insane. 1 week I can deal with, but let's see how it goes.

We're flexible to changes, and this may only be a temporary measure until we've finalised what we'd like to do for our claim system in general.

@Jatheish

Thank you for the fast response to your last update. I think your heading in the right direction. Happy to see the new changes :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We're flexible to changes, and this may only be a temporary measure until we've finalised what we'd like to do for our claim system in general.

hey Jat is there an ETA on this update?

Can you please post a explanation on if you have X flag the timer will be Y or how much each flag costs you in time e.g. 1 flag = 1 day etc.

1 minute ago, SaintMark said:

Can you please post a explanation on if you have X flag the timer will be Y or how much each flag costs you in time e.g. 1 flag = 1 day etc.

We'll think on having a minimum before the number starts shrinking, or perhaps it'll just be 1 flag = 2 weeks. These numbers may not be exact and might change by the time we deploy, but that's the general idea.

2 minutes ago, Pax said:

hey Jat is there an ETA on this update?

. Hoping to get this out to you guys tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Lailyn said:

@Jatheish

I would like to ask why claim flag isn't limited for every player? Like 1 Player can set 3 Flags and if u want more Claim u need to be in a Crew.

I agree with Lailyn, here. I think the better solution would be a limit of flags per character. This would stop 1 person from claiming entire islands on PvE, knowing they will never use this land, but are only claiming it to have an entire island to themselves. While the more flags the person owns would reduce the timer, it's still ridiculous. Want more land? Recruit people or join a larger company. This would also give more incentive to have larger crews, rather than playing solo.

I understand the mindset of playing solo. I'm nearly solo myself. I work a full-time 40, sometimes 50 hour a week job and this is why I play on the PvE server. I own 1 flag, and that's that. I do not want more land. But it pains me to see others looking for land to just start a base and begin settling down and building a fleet of ships... but can't because there is no land left to claim and one person owns entire islands...

Edited by Sovereign Snow
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CamsterAu said:

Mmm, not sold on a 2 week timer, that's insane. 1 week I can deal with, but let's see how it goes.

You never ever go to vacation….? no?

• Like 1

Just now, Sovereign Snow said:

I agree with Lailyn, here. I think the better solution would be a limit of flags per character. This would stop 1 person from claiming entire islands on PvE, knowing they will never use this land, but are only claiming it to have an entire island to themselves. While the more flags the person owns would reduce the timer, it's still ridiculous. Want more land? Recruit people or join a larger company. This would also give more incentive to have larger crews, rather than playing solo.

However with this systme that 1 person would never beable to upkeep the land and would loose it to new people 

1 minute ago, Pax said:

However with this systme that 1 person would never beable to upkeep the land and would loose it to new people 

IF the system works properly, yes. But nevertheless, if this 1 person is online, they can contest the claim all they want. and Claiming land still takes MANY hours, so it wouldn't be hard for this 1 person to stop them every few hours.

If somone has an entire island claimed they would be like 15 min steals. 

IMO (and everyone has an opinion) If 'someone' has so much claimed, then I would expect them to have other active crew members and as such negate the 'I'm on holiday' argument.

I think 3 days is more than sufficient and having sleepers contest claims definately shouldn't be a thing. If none of your company has at least logged in within a 3 day period to 'refresh' your claims then I would not class you as an active company and thus subject to the loss of an area.

I only agree with this for PvE mind you.

The only thing i think its missing here its the company being able to see its own upkeep timer.  Do we need to guess what claim needs to be took care? We are a small company with 2 bases.

Note: This kind of change only benefits the 5 huge companies that own half of the entire server and have 200 players each.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

If somone has an entire island claimed they would be like 15 min steals. 

depends on the size of the island

(Pve-eu) I see in my island 4 men company had 36 claims and today it rised to 41 ! Imagine 4 players 41 claims and only greed stops them for more ! Anyone can confirm that hey see Empty 1/2claimed  islands around . 

20 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Please make it that the Company can see ist own timer.

So we could at least see if someting is broken.

• Like 6

Just now, Caduryn said:

2 minutes ago, Khitsune said:

The only thing i think its missing here its the company being able to see its own upkeep timer.  Do we need to guess what claim needs to be took care? We are a small company with 2 bases.

@Jathal This is needed 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caduryn said:

This. I do not see why this was not a thing anyway.

• Like 1