Sign in to follow this  
Knivet

Dedicated server creation

Ok, ive tryed now to setup a server, followed the 1x1 grid in guides that is posten on these forums

I did everything to the point. But when i start the server, I can only find the server for 1 sec when i search inside "steam servers", after that its gone untill I refresh again, i have no time to connect what so ever.

I also managed to connect once, then i got the message "Timed out" 

Did check the ports when running a server, cant get contact with 5761 and 27000. Even when i have all firewalls turned off (Router and windows)

Anyone experience or know whats the issue?

Yeah, all ports are forwarded, can post screenshot when i get home of the ports.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, Knivet said:

Ok, ive tryed now to setup a server, followed the 1x1 grid in guides that is posten on these forums

I did everything to the point. But when i start the server, I can only find the server for 1 sec when i search inside "steam servers", after that its gone untill I refresh again, i have no time to connect what so ever.

I also managed to connect once, then i got the message "Timed out" 

Did check the ports when running a server, cant get contact with 5761 and 27000. Even when i have all firewalls turned off (Router and windows)

Anyone experience or know whats the issue?

Are you running this server locally or an external host?

I have tryed that, and when you did host your own server, did you have a dedicated server on a diffrent pc or the same you played on ? I have a own dedicated server im running games on the same network.

Had no problem forwarding ports towards Fivem(GTA V) and ARK. Atlas on the other hand is a bit tricky.

3 minutes ago, Knivet said:

I have tryed that, and when you did host your own server, did you have a dedicated server on a diffrent pc or the same you played on ? I have a own dedicated server im running games on the same network.

Had no problem forwarding ports towards Fivem(GTA V) and ARK. Atlas on the other hand is a bit tricky.

I don't remember if you can connect to your own server if its on your own network.

22 minutes ago, JetFox said:

I don't remember if you can connect to your own server if its on your own network.

ofc, even says so in the guide 🙂

just have to use external IP, not internal

Edited by Knivet

12 hours ago, Knivet said:

ofc, even says so in the guide 🙂

just have to use external IP, not internal

Yes but if you open a command prompt can you ping your external ip? I thought you needed a loopback ip