hudspeth

How to get water reservoir to fill up in Polar biome?

Just like the title says.  We're living in Polar biome and I wanted to get a crop plot farm going.  You can't fill reservoirs with water skins/jars and it never rains here.  Am I just screwed on being able to farm here?

they fill up over time whether it rains or not , u dont need to fill them with anything ,

2 hours ago, hudspeth said:

Just like the title says.  We're living in Polar biome and I wanted to get a crop plot farm going.  You can't fill reservoirs with water skins/jars and it never rains here.  Am I just screwed on being able to farm here?

you can fill them with water jars... put it in the reservoir's inventory and press e on it

Logged in this morning and my crops had full water and water reservoirs were like 50/200.  So that's good news. 

Water jars in the water reservoir and pressing e on them doesn't do anything. 

When it rains the reservoir refills, and it doesnt have to be open like the water barrel, and does not evaporate water if it is left open.   You can also run pipes from it to inside of structures or over crops.   

does anyone have feedback on how many "non rain filled" reservoirs you need per crop plot? like can one reservoir service 3 plots? 6?

I know when you're using non-rain filled water supply you are working on a limited supply.

4 hours ago, hudspeth said:

Logged in this morning and my crops had full water and water reservoirs were like 50/200.  So that's good news. 

Water jars in the water reservoir and pressing e on them doesn't do anything. 

You have to have a tap on the reservoir and places the jars/water skins in the tap to fill them.

Edit: I don't know exactly how much water, but it's not that much frankly.  WAY less than Ark.  In some zones, you might not even need them.  Rain woud suffice.

Edited by Caveat

Ive noticed in the polar zone, reservoirs and water-barrels only fill up when logged off, Or when the base is inactive(You and your company are are another tile. 

it is the same as the desert they fill up when you are away from base or out of the sector