AtlasRyan

Note to Devs before next pve claims patch

As of today, it is not 3 days any longer, it is 2 days. We lost a claim because of this ghost update/change. This is BS!! The timer after just logging out shows 1:23:59:59 How in the hell is that 3 days.... 

Yeah, the new system is fonky, I had 6 mates sleeping in one of the big houses in our claim and i slept in a storage room further away. When i logged in today after 2 days since last time, there was a guy who almost took everything we had and everyone in the house was dead none of them had been offline for more than maybe a few days, I was still alive though, but only me.

Look, I understand the need to deal with the crazy claims that people have done since "launch", but this makes the problem worse on PvE. Now the game becomes more of a routine kind of thing instead of fun. It's supposed to be fun to play, not to log on and see all your shit beeing stolen because you happened to be offline just a few days! If i wanted that, I would go play PvP. The game went from beeing fun to become something of a fear, now I need to login to make sure I have my little piece of land.

I even rented out most of my land to others with just 10% taxes, i wonder what they would say if greedy shitheads took over and punched the tax up, because that is what i expect would happen, almost no one allows anyone to build in their claim areas, so they would probably forced out I guess. Poor neighbours..

Sorry I didn't realize they added a new patch before posting my last message..  I like the new  patch as well.

Edited by Daemon Cross
jumped the gun

22 hours ago, Gaxon said:

It’s in the first 30 minutes. Yes they did say they are not limiting claims and they did say they are rewarding big companies with the most claims. 

They did say they are going to give more incentive to claim owners to allow building on claims  

It’s really not that difficult to figure it out.

Either way, you said they didn’t say it and they did. 

If they got rid of PvE servers. They would reduce player complaints by 80%. 

And the sales of the game would go down by 80%

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 6:57 PM, Gaxon said:

You don’t have to pay rent. Even if you live on another claim you don’t have to pay rent. Sure you May have to pay a tax, most companies that  have land available to build set taxes low. 

We set ours to 10%. So if you gather 10 wood we get 1 and you get 9. Keep in mind maintaining and claiming land is not an easy task. It’s kind of like we do the hard work, provide you with access to resources and keep your property secure for 10% of any resource you gather from our land. 

What kind of hard work do you do to justify that tax? In pvp you get protection. What do I get from you in pve?

You kill all bad animals for me when I harvest?

If I trade/sell I happy to pay tax. But harvest... Nah I will sail a grid further and go to lawless our Freeport.

Edited by awakatanka

I see they changed the claim system after i wrote my post, good! (Not that I was the one who made it happen.)

But it looks like a company really exploited the open claim last night because now there is 1 guy who almost own the whole island we are on in J5.

Edited by Quagorn

7 hours ago, awakatanka said:

What kind of hard work do you do to justify that tax? In pvp you get protection. What do I get from you in pve?

You kill all bad animals for me when I harvest?

If I trade/sell I happy to pay tax. But harvest... Nah I will sail a grid further and go to lawless our Freeport.

How much time do you invest in claiming land? We’ve spent hundreds of hours. So you tell me why we should be able to have a tax? Maybe because we invest the time to claim it and allow people to build without dealing with the lawless lag and drama. 

We have plenty living on our island. We don’t need freeloaders like you. Please stay in lawless and enjoy the foundations and lag. 

30 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

How much time do you invest in claiming land? We’ve spent hundreds of hours. So you tell me why we should be able to have a tax? Maybe because we invest the time to claim it and allow people to build without dealing with the lawless lag and drama. 

We have plenty living on our island. We don’t need freeloaders like you. Please stay in lawless and enjoy the foundations and lag. 

So all the time others invest to sail and try to claim is not hard work. Because you plant the claim a bit earlier then the rest justify the tax. 

Pvp tax I understand, pve tax is stupid. 

And foundation spam happens in claimed land to. Thanks to overlap bubbles. 

I pay tax build a nice house etc. You stop sharing I lose my building.  Yeah good system for pve.

3 hours ago, awakatanka said:

So all the time others invest to sail and try to claim is not hard work. Because you plant the claim a bit earlier then the rest justify the tax. 

Pvp tax I understand, pve tax is stupid. 

And foundation spam happens in claimed land to. Thanks to overlap bubbles. 

I pay tax build a nice house etc. You stop sharing I lose my building.  Yeah good system for pve.

Just stay if lawless, problem solved. We actually started a week after release with one claim. We took the other claims over time. Some of them took over 8 hours. We now have 4 almost 5 islands almost completely capped with our flags. Yeah, you can complain about it now, amazing what people can do when they actually try.

You want resources off of someone elses land, pay a tax. If you don't want to pay a tax stay in lawless.

Edited by Gaxon

On 2/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, MrHeid said:

You can use NPC to contest until they get this worked out.  Just fill a chest with gold and a mess hall with food and they should be got food quite awhile

This is an extremely shortsighted mechanic. Want a claim? Just place a ramshackle sloop with one npc on it with enough resources within the flag's radius and no-one else can claim while your npc is there. Want 1000 claims? Just add more placeholder sloops and fast travel around them once a day to check what is available to you. Its content I guess, it will keep some people in the game I guess.

I'm not playing anymore, I'm not comfortable with the tax system in PVE. I've no idea if this is happening or not, but if I was my 15 yr old self that's what immediately sprung to mind that I would have been doing when I read that mechanic.

Edited by FruitBatCat