AtlasRyan

Note to Devs before next pve claims patch

1 hour ago, UDO said:

there was a post on the foums yesterday explaining how they manage to place flags right up to your claim edges wihtout the u must place in enemy territory mesage  , i myself have had this happen it overlaps half the claim from the edge right to your flags 

yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Ive seen it happen numerous times to people. intentional and not intentional.

1 hour ago, Gaxon said:

It’s an mmo. Play with friends, make friends, expand or merge your company.

Then everyone complains about foundations, pillars, ships being gated in, bases being gated in, resources blocked etc. 

Well they have friends in game. Why they have to make companies with friends if they can be friends without companies. I didn’t see the game where you better don’t buy the game because you have holiday. If this game is a case so it must be stated in game description that this game is for players who doesn’t have holidays. If you planning to have holidays you must join the company otherwise where is no progression in this game.

Edited by Robotukas

1 hour ago, Gaxon said:

Then everyone complains about foundations, pillars, ships being gated in, bases being gated in, resources blocked etc. 

Yeah I know, it's not ideal, it has it's problems but in the majority of Ark official servers it works and the search for land is an easier process for new and relocating players.

It's like the long boring process of taming in Ark has been transferred to Atlas as a land claiming process. Whereas taming a high level is a choice in Ark, obtaining your own land is a necessity and all other parts of the game are on hold until you are settled.  It's a tedious chore at the beginning of the game with no guarantee of success when the player should be getting hooked and invested in the game.

It also has clear lines, you can build or you can't, none of these I can't build on my own land problems.

Well they should of built a better system using squares instead of circles or something its just plain stupid, at current it should not be allowed to overwrite your owners property thats just bad coding. 

Edited by Luxfere

For those of you not aware. The game promotes large claims of land and companies are rewarded for it. 

People may think the top 10 are the only large companies but they aren’t. If you sail around, you will find a lot of companies that own an entire island.

These companies are the ones that spend the most time in the game and go for end game content. They are most often the players who stay in the game the longest. 

The game was not designed for solo play style. It’s designed for groups and the larger the better as in most all mmo’s. 

Its been stated land claims are staying and are not going to be limited. They encourage companies to open land for building and have precautions set in to prevent companies from taking over claim residents. Not that small groups or solo players have assets a large company would actually need. 

For those that don’t want to live on someone else’s land, they have lawless. If you can tolerate playing the lag hell and overbuilt lawless areas, more power to you. Either way they have three options of building and land use. 

All three options are available and everyone has a choice. No reason to make all areas like lawless. Choose which you prefer and play there. If you don’t like where you play, try the other type. 

9 hours ago, FruitBatCat said:

Yeah I know, it's not ideal, it has it's problems but in the majority of Ark official servers it works and the search for land is an easier process for new and relocating players.

It's like the long boring process of taming in Ark has been transferred to Atlas as a land claiming process. Whereas taming a high level is a choice in Ark, obtaining your own land is a necessity and all other parts of the game are on hold until you are settled.  It's a tedious chore at the beginning of the game with no guarantee of success when the player should be getting hooked and invested in the game.

It also has clear lines, you can build or you can't, none of these I can't build on my own land problems.

That’s why they have lawless regions. Same build and claim rules as Ark with a faster decay. 

Edited by Gaxon

9 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

Its been stated land claims are staying and are not going to be limited.

Oh, I didn't realize they had said that. Pretty disappointed they see rent and tax as a core mechanic in PVE tbh, it goes against what I am comfortable with in a PVE game an it is by far the largest proportion of the map. Hard to ignore.

Maybe I just need to concede defeat and find something else to play then. Hmm.

• Like 1

Just now, FruitBatCat said:

Oh, I didn't realize they had said that. Pretty disappointed they see rent and tax as a core mechanic in PVE tbh, it goes against what I am comfortable with in a PVE game an it is by far the largest proportion of the map. Hard to ignore.

You don’t have to pay rent. Even if you live on another claim you don’t have to pay rent. Sure you May have to pay a tax, most companies that  have land available to build set taxes low. 

We set ours to 10%. So if you gather 10 wood we get 1 and you get 9. Keep in mind maintaining and claiming land is not an easy task. It’s kind of like we do the hard work, provide you with access to resources and keep your property secure for 10% of any resource you gather from our land. 

48 minutes ago, FruitBatCat said:

You didn't realize it because they haven't said it.

Once again the devs overreacting to a real issue instead of fixing the underlying problem. The problem has always been bodies that are offline for extended periods to permanently. NOT people who are offline a few days to a week. Here is the overreacting part of things, when you prevent sleeping contesting, it kind of makes the notion of killing the sleeping bodies pointless. Why bother killing them off if they pose no threat to taking a claim anyway? Pick one or the other, NOT both. 

The way it SHOULD be is anyone who fails to log in for 4 weeks gets killed off; HOWEVER, sleeping bodies should still be able to contest, just not take a claim. The abuse here is someone throwing up a flag to take a claim and then proceeding to drag their company mates sleeping bodies or alts into the claim and let the sleepers take the claim while the one initiating the challenge takes off and does other things. So in that regard, to take a claim should require an online character, but the upkeep timer should always refresh if a sleeping company member is in the claim. 

As a side note, the 4 week timer is broken, bugged, or misquoted because we have company members who died sleeping for just 2 days. 

On 1/30/2019 at 1:15 AM, AtlasRyan said:

False. This is from the captains log today

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

Active players and NPCs... its also rumored that Tames will contest, though I dont think that is true.

Why would they limit land claims? They are promoting it with the top 5 leader boards as well as special ship figureheads.  I for One welcome unlimited landclaims.

Edited by Callo

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

You didn't realize it because they haven't said it.

Wrong, they have said it. Check the live stream and captains logs. 

1 hour ago, Gaxon said:

Wrong, they have said it. Check the live stream and captains logs. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

Here's what they're saying about it as of Tues. - 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:43 PM, Winter Thorne said:

That's an encouraging Captain's Log.

I just knew if I started massive buildings of stone on a Lawless Island, you'd do something about claims.  Can you get the team to talk about restricting the # of claims on pve, please?  The whole "Take over the Atlas and own the world" thing isn't very well suited there.

Looking forward to the changes!

We'll be looking at doing further work for claim flags and aye it's certainly a point of discussion for our team. Not saying that limiting is what we'll end up doing, but we're exploring options. 

NONE of this would be an issue if the devs would just do 3 things:

1) Limit claims to 1 large BASE claim that must be placed within your company's primary base structure area.

• A radius is drawn from your base that prevents any structures from being built in a Larger radius (to prevent spammers from building right next to your base).
  • Limit the company's allowable shipyards to the number of ships allowed to be build within the shipyard (Example: Large Shipyards = 2; Small Shipyard = 2; Tiny shipyard = 2) to prevent shipyard spammers.

2) Make resources continue to spawn after 1 block away from a foundation (to allow resources to continue to spawn)

3) Players can flag single foundations that are spammed in order for a moderator to look at quickly. The mod can evaluate if the foundation is 'spam' or building to grief someone else, and:

A) Start the process of depreciating all of the person's foundations on that island within 24 hours (if it is questionable)

B) Delete all foundations of that person immediately (there and abroad), banning the spammer for a period of time.

C) Repeat offenders banned from Official servers.

Edited by Cantore

5 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Here's what they're saying about it as of Tues. - 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:43 PM, Winter Thorne said:

That's an encouraging Captain's Log.

I just knew if I started massive buildings of stone on a Lawless Island, you'd do something about claims.  Can you get the team to talk about restricting the # of claims on pve, please?  The whole "Take over the Atlas and own the world" thing isn't very well suited there.

Looking forward to the changes!

We'll be looking at doing further work for claim flags and aye it's certainly a point of discussion for our team. Not saying that limiting is what we'll end up doing, but we're exploring options. 

So they say they aren’t saying they will limit and they said in the dev live stream they aren’t going to limit. Somehow you still assume they will limit????

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/365978125?desktop-redirect=true

Edited by Gaxon

7 hours ago, Gaxon said:

So they say they aren’t saying they will limit and they said in the dev live stream they aren’t going to limit. Somehow you still assume they will limit????

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/365978125?desktop-redirect=true

He said they haven't decided what they're doing yet.  Limiting claims is a point of discussion.

Who has an hour and a half to sit through your whole twitch stream link?

I’m not sure what is going to take place with land, I’ve read 3 days then it changed to 14 days, I know that I’m reading in other threads people are leaving are quitting the game because it seems that people are losing their bases after 2 days of not being online, other people in larger companies are ok with saying that solo players or husband and wife teams need to join a larger group so people can always be online, that doesn’t mean that another company member would go defend a land claim if it wasn’t their own land. I’m not joining someone else’s company. If the developers don’t want solo players to be part of the community then so be it. I have no issues with finding another game and I’m sure from what others are saying don’t either. Most of us come to this game from ark or another MMO hoping to grow with the game as it developed.

If the plan is to force people into joining or creating large companies by forcing them to sign on every day or two to defend what they have spent weeks to months to build then I wish the game the best of luck.

I’m for subscription based in order to keep your claims, I’m for a 8 day grace period before someone’s land becomes claimable because even god rested on the 7th day

@Daemon Cross It's currently set at 2 days going by the flag timers. Jat posted (Link) they will up the timer to 2 weeks later this week probably Thursday (yesterday) or today. We'll see.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm probably alone here but:

1. Charge daily gold for each claim...and an exponential amount for every claim vs company size (2 people and 25 claims? yeah...should be expensive...). You can set the size & shape (circle/square) of the claim (if no overlapping, different costs based on size)
  2. Sell gold for $$$ to continue to fund the game. It's pretty easy to get but there's tons of us that would happily and lazily toss money in for gold, and tons of players who would gladly trade resources for that gold (as they already do).
  3. Allow selling of land you've claimed with a simple "Sell" command where we can enter the amount. It still costs gold to upkeep so attempting to sell for too much would be stupid and it'd balance itself out or the person with too many claims would essentially go gold-broke.

Otherwise I'm just going to sign into my claims every day to keep the timer pushing folks back from taking it...even if I have no intention of playing for a few days. Pretty stupid system.

In fact I've been thinking about just finding islands, snagging claims all around, toss a bed and doing a morning routine of travelling to them all to keep them so I have an easy teleport around the atlas. Again, stupid, but the game encourages this behavior.

Edited by ManlyPMS

I am seriously thinking along the same lines as others in searching for more claims to take but honestly I’m content with what I have my base on but if I’d lose that because the internet goes out or someone dies in the family and I have to be away for a week due to traveling and such, the last thing I would want to come back to is a game that has broken mechanics that caused me to lose everything.

Im not gonna even start about this retarded change they did ... was in hospital for 2 days got back today and my wwhole port taken over and im stuck in my own building... Yeah just gonna take a break now until the devs start having even 1 brain cell combined in the whole team, in this case might be forever . And for the people that still havnt figured it out the devs dont give a f about the PVE servers. At this point i dont even know why they have them...

4 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

He said they haven't decided what they're doing yet.  Limiting claims is a point of discussion.

Who has an hour and a half to sit through your whole twitch stream link?

It’s in the first 30 minutes. Yes they did say they are not limiting claims and they did say they are rewarding big companies with the most claims. 

They did say they are going to give more incentive to claim owners to allow building on claims  

It’s really not that difficult to figure it out.

Either way, you said they didn’t say it and they did. 

7 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

Im not gonna even start about this retarded change they did ... was in hospital for 2 days got back today and my wwhole port taken over and im stuck in my own building... Yeah just gonna take a break now until the devs start having even 1 brain cell combined in the whole team, in this case might be forever . And for the people that still havnt figured it out the devs dont give a f about the PVE servers. At this point i dont even know why they have them...

If they got rid of PvE servers. They would reduce player complaints by 80%. 

• Sad 1

If they got rid of PvE servers. They would reduce player complaints by 80%

Yeah they would reduce player complaints by about 80% because they would lose about that many players. 

This game shouldn’t even have a pvp mode, with as much as it takes to build and survive the game itself, who needs another player causing problems as well.

All your big MMO’s have pvp and pve and some players enjoy both but some do not, there has been a few games that tried pvp only and didn’t make it 2 years until it’s player base dwindled to the point of having no one playing it, there seems to be a big market for both the hardcore and casual players but the casual player can’t afford to have to build a new ship each day, I myself play almost every day but I’m still not considered a hardcore gamer because I work and have a family so my attention is divided between all of it. I will not  put a game, guild, squad or clan before my family or my job. Perhaps other players can, perhaps other players are having relationship issues due to the simple fact they don’t put the relationship 1st, I have no idea but I’ve learned along the way of over 20 years in gaming that a lot of your hardcore gamers are either in a relationship that both people game, they are single, they are in school but even during finals their playtime is limited or they are in a relationship that is struggling and gaming is the way they forget about the problems irl. 

I’m not sure what the real plan is for atlas, there has been a lot of talk, visions and hopes that it can go far catering to all sorts of people and gaming styles, when they have to start offering perks in a attempt to draw in new players or keep the existing ones, then it’s pretty much over. I played ESO for almost 4 years but called it quits when they finally started offering log in rewards, I was a loyal subscriber and didn’t mind paying the monthly rate for the content that was offered but when the player base began to decline due to lack of content and monotonous pvp, it was time to go.

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Like 1

I just made a claim, first claim for our company, what does the neighbor company do in the overlapping claim?

He made thatch foundations and placed them all along the edge of his claim into ours to prevent expansion building IN OUR CLAIM. 

Luckily, I can do the same on our claim into theirs.   

The lawless Isle, we found a spot along the coast, built a little hut and logged off for the night.

THE NEXT DAY, we logged on to pillars and foundations surrounding us from the neighbor we moved in next to.

I assume he's 12 years old. 

You can use NPC to contest until they get this worked out.  Just fill a chest with gold and a mess hall with food and they should be got food quite awhile

2 hours ago, ptonfm said:

I just made a claim, first claim for our company, what does the neighbor company do in the overlapping claim?

He made thatch foundations and placed them all along the edge of his claim into ours to prevent expansion building IN OUR CLAIM. 

Luckily, I can do the same on our claim into theirs.   

The lawless Isle, we found a spot along the coast, built a little hut and logged off for the night.

THE NEXT DAY, we logged on to pillars and foundations surrounding us from the neighbor we moved in next to.

I assume he's 12 years old. 

I'm building huge walls around my lawless area right now, and no, I'm not 12.  Things weren't too bad there until this person down the beach, who already has a huge spot of land all built up, decided they needed to build stuff right behind my house for their own convenience.  (Where I was going to destroy my shantytown original buildings and put something nicer.)  They refuse to get rid of them, so I'm attempting to wall the whole mess in until it expires.

Lawless is even more annoying than having someone overlap a claim, because they reduced the area that an object controls there, so now if you don't put a post every 4 feet, some idiot is going to come in and grief you.

• Like 1