AtlasRyan

Note to Devs before next pve claims patch

Please please please do something about the claim overlapping issue. Someone claiming someone elses area should not result in my company losing their stuff. Especially now that sleeping bodies will not contest.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

Please please please do something about the claim overlapping issue. Someone claiming someone elses area should not result in my company losing their stuff. Especially now that sleeping bodies will not contest.

sleeping bodies will conteset they will just be removed after 3 weeks 

32 minutes ago, UDO said:

sleeping bodies will conteset they will just be removed after 3 weeks 

False. This is from the captains log today

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

1 minute ago, AtlasRyan said:

False. This is from the captains log today

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

yes i see that and what a lod of crap explain how we are meant to go on hoidays? losing claims after 3 days was bad enough when we go away on holiday but to lose your entire base as well ? 

these devs really are making a game catering to no life 24/7 neckbeard hermits

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

yes i see that and what a lod of crap explain how we are meant to go on hoidays? losing claims after 3 days was bad enough when we go away on holiday but to lose your entire base as well ?  

these devs really are making a game catering to no life 24/7 neckbeard hermits

my guess this is a PVP fix that they cant differentiate for PVE. Sucks because I think just killing sleepers off after 3 weeks would solve all the issues with PVE.

• Like 1

I agree. It's gonna be a tough few weeks with hardly any sleep now. I sometimes have phases where I cant join the game or any games for a few days due to health reasons. Time to make the company bigger I guess. 

• Like 1

Im glad they wont contest. Now mabe some others can have access to land that "sleepers" (either alts, or people that quit) are taking up without being active. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Harryplopper said:

Im glad they wont contest. Now mabe some others can have access to land that "sleepers" (either alts, or people that quit) are taking up without being active. 

Killing inactive players after 3-4 weeks would have been fine. 

Now everyone can lose everything after 3 days. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TiiaAurora said:

Killing inactive players after 3-4 weeks would have been fine. 

Now everyone can lose everything after 3 days. 

A month? I think thats way too long. Id say 2 weeks tops. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Harryplopper said:

A month? I think thats way too long. Id say 2 weeks tops. 

People go on holidays. People have families. People can get sick. But the only 3 days now is not working. 

• Like 3

Just now, TiiaAurora said:

People go on holidays. People have families. People can get sick. But the only 3 days now is not working. 

2 weeks tops is my suggestion. Only reason why its even being brought up is because it already becoming an issue. Can you imagine how bad it would be in 6 months if they didnt change it to contest them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harryplopper said:

2 weeks tops is my suggestion. Only reason why its even being brought up is because it already becoming an issue. Can you imagine how bad it would be in 6 months if they didnt change it to contest them?

Thats why I said, Kill off the inactive players so claims can be contested. But If I get sick now for a week and have to lay in bed and come back, stuff is gone. 

• Like 3

My problem is not necessarily that you need to login every 3 days, though I think that’s extremely heavy handed. MY issue is that the weird “overlap rules” that are part of this game. Someone can contest a neighboring claim on the very edge and get half the stuff in your claim with it.

• Like 3

Just now, TiiaAurora said:

Thats why I said, Kill off the inactive players so claims can be contested. But If I get sick now for a week and have to lay in bed and come back, stuff is gone. 

Besides that they were supposed to fix the countdown timer and thats still broke so it could have even been changed to a longer time frame than 3 days.

My problem is not necessarily that you need to login every 3 days, though I think that’s extremely heavy handed. MY issue is that the weird “overlap rules” that are part of this game. Someone can contest a neighboring claim on the very edge and get half the stuff in your claim with it.

Thats a bug I see that needs to be addressed, I agree

And as I say that someone came to the middle of our island and threw down a sea claim. Bout to try and steal half the island. Great job devs!

And as I say that someone came to the middle of our island and threw down a sea claim. Bout to try and steal half the island. Great job devs!

We lost an upkeep refreshed flag to a sea clam. Wasn't too happy about that 

The overlap issue very much still exists and is annoying af.

The other thing they failed to mention, was that the timer is no longer 3 days, it's 2 days. Which basically means we can't even go away for a weekend without risking losing everything.

When long time idlers are now killed off after four weeks and loads of land being freed up that way, they should make the refresh period longer for active tribes, not shorter. At least on PvE, which is meant to be more casual than PvP. It's no fun playing a game that forces you to log in 3 times a week just to keep your stuff.

15 hours ago, TiiaAurora said:

I think Jat said they are changing it to 2 weeks.  Couldn't find that post right off the bat, and I'm short on time atm, but I'm pretty sure it came up in a conversation we were having that the 3 days was way too short.

• Like 1

Well this dev team are nortorious at not being good a telling time, so maybe someone set 2 days instead of 2 weeks on the claims.

Alot players will not realise this change from 3 days to 2 days exists and will loose their claims !!!!!

I lost half my base i can no longer build in it because i have walls and a foundation that are owned by somoene else in my own base i can no longer build etc

30 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

I lost half my base i can no longer build in it because i have walls and a foundation that are owned by somoene else in my own base i can no longer build etc

yep. this is what I was worried about

Tbh I don't know why they just don't revert to the Ark system and forget claiming, rents and tax for PVE only. Wouldn't be a horrendous change for most as their own buildings would become completely their own, overlapping claims or not. Plus would curb the land hoarders. Yes they could foundation spam, but like Ark, most people won't apart from a small area just around their own base. Running around, finding a claim, waiting for hours to contest it must be tedious as hell. Running around with a foundation in your hotbar while exploring and then checking if enough space for the building you want is more gamer friendly.  And hearing of people losing their buildings today is pretty sad.

Give people 21 days for stone, 8 days for wood and 3 for thatch. Simple system, had it's problems but it worked a lot better than this one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

there was a post on the foums yesterday explaining how they manage to place flags right up to your claim edges wihtout the u must place in enemy territory mesage  , i myself have had this happen it overlaps half the claim from the edge right to your flags 

23 hours ago, TiiaAurora said:

It’s an mmo. Play with friends, make friends, expand or merge your company.

1 hour ago, FruitBatCat said:

Tbh I don't know why they just don't revert to the Ark system and forget claiming, rents and tax for PVE only. Wouldn't be a horrendous change for most as their own buildings would become completely their own, overlapping claims or not. Plus would curb the land hoarders. Yes they could foundation spam, but like Ark, most people won't apart from a small area just around their own base. Running around, finding a claim, waiting for hours to contest it must be tedious as hell. Running around with a foundation in your hotbar while exploring and then checking if enough space for the building you want is more gamer friendly.  And hearing of people losing their buildings today is pretty sad.

Give people 21 days for stone, 8 days for wood and 3 for thatch. Simple system, had it's problems but it worked a lot better than this one.

Then everyone complains about foundations, pillars, ships being gated in, bases being gated in, resources blocked etc.