Vostik

bug Tames Killed While Boarding Ship

Often times when moving an animal to a ship, three times in the last 24 hours, we have lost tames. When attempting to move the animal to the boat it will disappear from view. Sometimes you can whistle all follow or something and it will pop back up. Sadly in these cases it will not. Shortly after you receive a message it has died. My assumption is that its drowning but there is never a description in the death message or company log. I have even tried to rush to the wheel to raise and drop anchor or move a little to get it to reset but they are just gone. We have lost an elephant, bear and now a wolf. Is there any precautions we can do to prevent this? Have tried having them on follow, not follow, passive and neutral. 

Edited by Vostik

In the meantime, make sure they're not on follow before sending them to the ship.

It's a Big Problem, we lost many tames, i think most of them are swimming in the ocean, mostly after a Area switch.  a few minutes ago, i send a unfollowing Bear to my Galleon and he was still away and seconds later he died....

Workaround - DO NOT USE THE "Move To [ Insert Ship Name ]" OPTION

Whatever vessel you are using to transport animals if you have built on it at all, it will likely have these issues while using the move to option.  Instead hop on the boat and in an area where there is only a deck or little to no structures whistle to have the tame teleport to you.  It should act similar to the npc crew so do not do this below deck with big tames unless you have a large amount of space available.  

If they appear "stuck in the deck" anchor and unanchor this lowers the area of the deck and raises it back which will sometimes move the tame back on the deck properly.

If they are bouncing around on deck for some reason, hop on them and back off, this usually stabilies them.

If they are flying around whistle them to follow while on deck, should teleport them back).

I've not found a real fix for the shoulder mounts that just seem to disappear other than having them on deck until you get where you need to go.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, Vaenix said:

Workaround - DO NOT USE THE "Move To [ Insert Ship Name ]" OPTION

Whatever vessel you are using to transport animals if you have built on it at all, it will likely have these issues while using the move to option.  Instead hop on the boat and in an area where there is only a deck or little to no structures whistle to have the tame teleport to you.  It should act similar to the npc crew so do not do this below deck with big tames unless you have a large amount of space available.  

If they appear "stuck in the deck" anchor and unanchor this lowers the area of the deck and raises it back which will sometimes move the tame back on the deck properly.

If they are bouncing around on deck for some reason, hop on them and back off, this usually stabilies them.

If they are flying around whistle them to follow while on deck, should teleport them back).

I've not found a real fix for the shoulder mounts that just seem to disappear other than having them on deck until you get where you need to go.

This works a decent amount of time, but it still gets them stuck inside cabins and stuff sometimes, and the boat is relatively naked. So I dont know. 

1 hour ago, Vostik said:

This works a decent amount of time, but it still gets them stuck inside cabins and stuff sometimes, and the boat is relatively naked. So I dont know. 

If they get stuck inside of stuff you can move to another deck and they will move up/down normally.  If they are in the walls you can anchor/unanchor or also move to another deck on the boat.  So far I've been using this and unless another creature is in the exact same spot I've had no issues.