Sign in to follow this  
10EXP

Unthinkable Delicacy Overview and general cooking

I've been doing a lot of testing with the cooking skill tree and it's pretty terrible. 

For those interested, I created the video below to showcase what the unthinkable delicacy does and my thoughts on it. 

TL;DW - it buffs your vitamins and food/water. That's it! It costs 41 skill points to get up to the unthinkable delicacy. That's the same number of points needed to get the mortar in the artillery tree. 

Many of the other cooking skills give you buffs but also give you debuffs at the same time, making the required skill points and ingredients not worth the hassle. I think cooking needs to be reworked from the ground up. Perhaps we can get more meaningful buffs, or keep the current buffs but make them last 6 hours instead of 10 minutes.

Edited by 10EXP
  • Like 1

Cooking is the crappiest skill tree in the game.  Far, far easier to tame a couple of chickens and a cow, then all you need after that is meat and 'orange' berries to keep your food just right.  If you can be bothered, of course.  Far easier and more convenient to suicide, sometimes, even with all the vitamin skills and decent fortitude.

We've at least used the Sushi for areas where the heat is so hot that it kills you, even with sitting in the water.  It cools you down one level for a period of time until the heat wave passes.  Also the Song of the Sea is beneficial when diving.  Others have some buff stat benefits, but not so great that there is a super need for them.  But the sushi, we always have on hand