Sign in to follow this  
NesquickPT

Waste of time - I am done

29 minutes ago, NesquickPT said:

I forgot to mention those crashes. 😄 It happen a couple of times as well. I don't understand people, because they are loving the game and are on top of their things, they completely ignore the facts. I really hope that this game grows don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it for a coupe hours, I want to play it more. <- This is the part the fan boys seem to ignore 😄 , but not when the dev team is wasting time doing useless stuff instead of addressing the real issues. I am all up for new content, I am all up for discovering bugs, exploits and all that, but I just can't waste my time playing something that seems to be going backwards, and for the fan boys, I AM SORRY, it's not just me saying, look at the stats. Those are FACTS, and you can't deny that.

Another thing worth mention is, if/when the core game gets "playable" I'll be back. As I said before "A good collision system, a good claiming system and a decent way to progress in the game with what they have. THAT's ALL. "

Best Regards,

none of us care if you come back... your complaints were terrible... 

OP made me actually laugh out loud. "Oh man, it took me forever to find a base. We finally placed one flag, and immediately got to work on a Galleon."

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tenebrion said:

OP made me actually laugh out loud. "Oh man, it took me forever to find a base. We finally placed one flag, and immediately got to work on a Galleon."

Right... and then proceeds to lose ship after ship.... but WAIT..... its the games fault... not his.

So what I am getting is the OP is a younger gamer who has yet to understand that this game is just not for them.  It never was their type of game, they would be better off in a game like Sea Of Thieves, or Skull & Bones (if it ever comes out).   

I am coming to these conclusions from these key points.

You took forever to find one spot to build a galleon... REALLY, you decided to build the biggest ship in the game FIRST... LOL wrong.

Then when you lost it to either poor design (most likely the case) or a bug. (also likely.)  You do the right thing... downsize to Schooners.  Good choice there was hope for you at that point..... and then..

You lose your schooners and you RAGE over it?  They are schooners, I build them by myself in a couple of days.  I gathered all of the materials for mine in less than a weekend.   I currently have enough planks cannons and sails saved up to build 2 schooners if I want.   And I have done this on my own in my much larger company.

I built a sloop in about an hour or two because I wanted something to go kill SotD and do treasure maps in. 

This game is about building and losing stuff, dont like it.. go and do like you are saying.. play something else.  Dont make a big goodbye post, because no one knows you or cares about you.  So just go away.  

@NesquickPT

First off, Nestle's Quick rocks.  Grew up drinking it, still not enough.

Sucks that this has been your experience.  I have to wonder where we've done things differently though, as I can't say I've experienced any of the glitches you have.  I believe you, I just wonder where the difference lies for you to have such a horrid go of it.  Maybe I don't get out much (in-game).

I have to agree with you regarding the number of animals at the powerstones.  I know of some hardcore fans that were really turned off by that and the futility of it.  I have no idea why the devs insist on keeping that as is.  I also have no idea if they have any idea why they're doing this. **see edit

It does sound like you really like the game's concept, so may I suggest you try one last thing...

I recently migrated to an unofficial server.  I got lucky in that they had just wiped so, for the first time, I got a small bit of land and got building.  It has been a completely different experience.  Absolutely loving it.  Just this morning, I was trotting through the woods on horseback exploring the island I live on.  Immersive as all heck, I was well-outfitted with a cozy home waiting.

I wouldn't really expect to "claim an island" anywhere, even unofficial unless they've limited the player numbers to make it possible.  Some islands are more than plenty big enough for multiple companies to live comfortably, and there's a lot to be said for also have a summer home somewhere.

Lastly, I really can't imagine what's caused you to experience so many glitches in so many random ways.  Perhaps you are the ultimate beta-tester!  I can't really promise you won't experience them on unofficial though, since I have no idea what could cause such vastly different experiences.  Maybe if they could compare your data with my data, it would give them a hint as to what's causing the game to glitch so much for you.

Good luck, and safe  travels.

**EDIT:  Just noticed they'll be addressing that shortly.  The latest Captain's Log 19 talks about it, so that's good news!

Edited by Kveldulf
updated info

Well im gonna give my opinion after so far losing 3 sloops and 2 schooners , live in the ice field tundra and crashed 3 of those ships into a invisible icebergs. Had to relog for them to show up.  And the most annoying thing for me was the oh so f bad claiming system they have set up. But i took a break today from the game and picked up some other games ive got stacked up on steam , started with AC rogue and after sailing around in that game. It just felt like sailing in atlas at least in its current form is pure garbage they could learn a lot from it. 

But they have a lot to fix the combat system for pvp is yeah i got no words for it its just that bad...

Edited by JackTheWack