MickaToy

Claim useless in pve Trop de claim !!

In pve the number of ground claim should be limited to 30 per company. It's just unplayable with all these companies that are becoming groundless for nothing. We can half dispute a field.

En pve le nombre de revendication de terrain devrais être limiter as 30 par compagnie. C'est juste injouable avec toutes ces compagnie qui devendique un terrain pour rien. On peut a moitier contester un terrain

12 minutes ago, MickaToy said:

In pve the number of ground claim should be limited to 30 per company. It's just unplayable with all these companies that are becoming groundless for nothing. We can half dispute a field.

En pve le nombre de revendication de terrain devrais être limiter as 30 par compagnie. C'est juste injouable avec toutes ces compagnie qui devendique un terrain pour rien. On peut a moitier contester un terrain

I've said it before but might as well say it again.  Limits resolve absolutely fuck all.  I'm sorry you haven't found land yet but it's out there and claimable and they are even patching the player bodies being there so that after awhile they just die and you don't have the issues anymore.  This limit just means more companies forming to own more land and you still get stuck without it.  

Claim System > Pillar / Foundation Spam in Lawless.

3 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

they are even patching the player bodies being there so that after awhile they just die and you don't have the issues anymore.  own more land and you still get stuck without it.  

where did u get this information from as this would allow so much more land to be freed up 

Just now, UDO said:

where did u get this information from as this would allow so much more land to be freed up 

There was a twitter post about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Vaenix said:

There was a twitter post about it.

wow best news ever 🙂 

It was also mentioned in the captains log that just came out.  But even in the current state, if you look for land you can probably find something that can be contested.  I think a lot of people just see red everywhere and don't event attempt to steal.  It only took a couple hours to find a area to steal when I went to the tundra. 

And I agree, this system beats foundation/pillar spam hands down.  At least claim flags don't fuck with spawns.

Edited by arzosah

I get there is land to contest, but nobody wants to spend 20+ hours sailing around looking for it.  Not to mention the sleeping bodies contesting the claim for the last month.  That's not a fun way to spend your time.

• Sad 1

Check out Captains Log19.  it also mentions sleeping bodies no longer contesting claims.  They are working on it, however it is going to take some attempt by players to find land as well.  If sailing around looking for land doesn't sound fun, I would suggest avoiding Officials, and looking for an unofficial server.  usually a lot less players and a lot more space for folks to grab some land.

They should limit the claims per person and per company, but provide some benefit for having large companies taking up fewer claims.   If one person needs a claim big enough for a house, taming pen, shipyard and crops, a company of 10 doesn't need 10 times that much.   If a company of 15 hits a limit of 10 claims, they should get a common land grant where they can build all their shared stuff, and maybe also some new thing they can build at that level.  A company of 50 hitting a 20 claim limit gets a bigger common area and a couple other nice builds they can do, etc.  Company claims should give enough room for everyone to build a house and then a shared shipyard, crops, taming, etc.

I think after they kill off the abandoned sleepers, the people next to those claims will just grab them up fast anyway.  We'll see how that goes.  I don't mind sailing around looking for a claim, but first, it's all red..then you start checking individual flags, and this one's a weird negative number, and that one is overlapped, and then there's a bunch of people running around in them.  It's just an exercise in frustration.

Edited by Winter Thorne
clarification
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

They should limit the claims per person and per company, but provide some benefit for having large companies taking up fewer claims.   If one person needs a claim big enough for a house, taming pen, shipyard and crops, a company of 10 doesn't need 10 times that much.   If a company of 15 hits a limit of 10 claims, they should get a common land grant where they can build all their shared stuff, and maybe also some new thing they can build at that level.  A company of 50 hitting a 20 claim limit gets a bigger common area and a couple other nice builds they can do, etc.  Company claims should give enough room for everyone to build a house and then a shared shipyard, crops, taming, etc.

I think after they kill off the abandoned sleepers, the people next to those claims will just grab them up fast anyway.  We'll see how that goes.  I don't mind sailing around looking for a claim, but first, it's all red..then you start checking individual flags, and this one's a weird negative number, and that one is overlapped, and then there's a bunch of people running around in them.  It's just an exercise in frustration.

You can't do anything until the game is designed for that. It is leaderboard who have most lands and also developers stated in Captain log that this game is about to land claiming and for big companies.

If they could have another server which have same size map and which doesn't have a leader board and one claim per person it would be a different game. It would interest to compare which server is more populated. Camon developer lets do experiment 🙂

Edited by Robotukas

3 hours ago, Tobekan said:

I get there is land to contest, but nobody wants to spend 20+ hours sailing around looking for it.  Not to mention the sleeping bodies contesting the claim for the last month.  That's not a fun way to spend your time.

How do you think all the big companies find their land? They sail around for hours trying to contest, then wait 3 hours to get the land.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

How do you think all the big companies find their land? They sail around for hours trying to contest, then wait 3 hours to get the land.

Yep.  And it's clear they don't have any other priorities in life other than gaming.  Some of us do.  That's not a knock, it's just reality.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tobekan said:

Yep.  And it's clear they don't have any other priorities in life other than gaming.  Some of us do.  That's not a knock, it's just reality.

or just having more people could mean that there are more people across more timezones and different schedules, allowing people to be online constantly.

Another whiner about not finding a claim. Sailed for two hours, no land, comes and posts crying how they didn't find any. lol. Ridiculous. Get off your lazy butts and start sailing. There is land all over. Just yesterday, a new group claimed land across from us. How? The company who owns the land was not upkeeping their back yard and boom, new tenants. They came from ACROSS THE MAP!!! Stop crying and asking for a handout. Go find your own land and stop waiting for someone to give it to you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tobekan said:

u dont want to go sailing looking for it , even though while sailing u are building up discovery points for further lvls after 50 ? which u will need to do if u want to get to lvl 100 anyway 

8 hours ago, Robotukas said:

You can't do anything until the game is designed for that. It is leaderboard who have most lands and also developers stated in Captain log that this game is about to land claiming and for big companies.

If they could have another server which have same size map and which doesn't have a leader board and one claim per person it would be a different game. It would interest to compare which server is more populated. Camon developer lets do experiment 🙂

1 claim per person wont be enough unless u are building a small 2x2 box house 1x large shipyard 1x mediium then what no room for taming enclosure , no room for expansion of base to fit thing in more comfortably ? or make thta little fishin village u had in your head ? or the docks for your boats 

25 minutes ago, UDO said:

u dont want to go sailing looking for it , even though while sailing u are building up discovery points for further lvls after 50 ? which u will need to do if u want to get to lvl 100 anyway 

1 claim per person wont be enough unless u are building a small 2x2 box house 1x large shipyard 1x mediium then what no room for taming enclosure , no room for expansion of base to fit thing in more comfortably ? or make thta little fishin village u had in your head ? or the docks for your boats 

Unless they will increase radius per flag 😉

1 minute ago, Robotukas said:

Unless they will increase radius per flag 😉

yes true 

So all the people that complain they have no land because of this, that or the other will now be able to claim land easier now. This is a good thing for the most part... BUT... give it a few weeks and they will be crying again because they were offline for three days and lost it again. All theses fixes now make anything claimable if inactive for three DAYS... Well done folks... 😉

Edited by WookieeStick

Alot of other solutions were proposed for this claiming system to be more efficient / less griefing (since now large companies grow larger and inactive players lose terrain).

One of the proposed solutions (which I liked very much as well), was to have a "tax" of gold for each flag your company has over above a certain limit (say 1-3 flags to allow persons to start their journey without worrying to pay tax and focus on farming / building). So basically everything over 3 flags that a company has, would require 1-x gold to maintain before it becomes claimable again. For example a company that has 10 flags, would pay tax for 7 of them, each costing 10 gold / day so 70 gold / day. This would make companies go for the treasures and be willing to trade rather then stockpile resources. Also, this can scale up with more flags = more tax / day. So only the most active companies will keep alot of land and be incentive to trade the stuff that people harvest on their land (which they tax with the bank) to others in order to make money to maintain the flags.

4 hours ago, WookieeStick said:

So all the people that complain they have no land because of this, that or the other will now be able to claim land easier now. This is a good thing for the most part... BUT... give it a few weeks and they will be crying again because they were offline for three days and lost it again. All theses fixes now make anything claimable if inactive for three DAYS... Well done folks... 😉

3 weeks, bot days. Though some will still do exactly like you said even with that timeframe

Good luck even owning the land you get once you get it. We got land and once we claimed it it allowed those next to us to foundation spam it to no end.

Edited by Taiine

It is impérative that he do something for the number of flag allowed I still have no land and when I see some with 54 land (they are 2 players lol) and another where they have 78 land !!! 

Sorry for my english not good, google trad is my friend ^^

Il faut absolument qu il fassent quelque chose pour le nombre de drapeau autorisé je n'ai toujours aucun terrain et quand je vois certains avec 54 terrains ( ils sont 2 joueurs mdr ) et une autre compagnie  ou ils ont 78 terrains  !!!! 

Désolé pour mon anglais pas bon, google trad est mon ami ^^

Yesterday i travel in search of claim land. Today i have four flags. No claim land?? XD XD XD

In pve only 1claim is enough.  Just let people build outside the claim and after 2 hours ( our Max time of a taming ) the build decaying. Mostly you try to time outside your claim. Bigger company can claim more because the have more people our decide that the keep some claims for other islands. A claim is big enough for a house and shipyard and some crops.  

I am in lawless and we live good all have enough for there buildings. Mostly small groups our solo players.  

At this moment it is a saver building after 4 days it decaying but a claim can be contested after 3......