Special Notice regarding stacking cannons in gunports Read more... ×
Archsenex

Blueprint crafted Gear Keeps turning into Un-interactable Blueprints

There appears to be some sort of bug in the way object transition to and from containers happen.  Either something isn't getting transcribed or something is getting borked in the persistence, but I've had it happened and others in my company have too.  It's getting more and more common (possibly related to the performance updates)

Shortly after this happens, some GC process seems to eventually clean it up and the item is fully destroyed, but it honestly means that ANY piece of gear in the game made from a blueprint could spontaneously poof into nothing.

This has a chance to happen when an object is put into a container, taken out of a container, or when you remove it from your equipped items.  It's... REALLY annoying to lose sometimes very nice items that we worked very hard on putting together.

Edit- this can hit any item, not just blueprint crafted.  It can even hit equipped gear on corpses or npc crew

Edited by Archsenex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

And just saw it happen to a completely mundane camp fire that was put into a container.  So nope, it's not just blueprints.

So it looks like somehow, when items are in containers, they will randomly turn into blueprints.  You then can't do ANYTHING with them, they're not craftable or anything

Mostly I've found they can't even be taken out of the box. They're just bugged blueprints taking up a slot, and then one day they'll just be gone. I saw it happen on a dead body as well, where there was a blueprint for gloves in the hand slot, and there was no way to get it out.

Just had this happen to two pieces of equipped gear that I was wearing before the recent patch.  Grabbed an SS.  It's happening more and more, the server is doing something wrong during saves (it's not writing all data for items to disk)

https://pasteboard.co/HZ4p804.png

Yeah we got the exact same problem!

We crafted two legendary bows and placed them in a large storage box. The bows where in there every day this week. Now its friday we wanted to start a treasure hunt and both bows are not in there anymore but instead there 2 grey(!) blueprints of a bow inside. We tried to to take that grey blueprint out of the storage which wasnt possible. You could not interact in any way with those blueprints. So we decided to destroy the storage box and see what is in the box that remains on ground when destroying it. Everything out of the storage box was in there but not those two grey blueprints, they disappeared.

Edited by HuckleBarry

1 minute ago, HuckleBarry said:

Yeah we got the exact same problem!

yup, up vote p[lease (the up arrow at the top).  It's not game breaking, but really disappointing

Yep i upvoted it now. Its really bad to loose items. And i play on PVE so its all about getting nice items and farm for them and so the main reason for me to play is now gone. 

Still happening with increasing regularity.  One of my company members had it happen 2-3 times today alone.  

We've had to put a complete hold on making ANY upgraded gear, as the odds are just too great that it'll get eaten by the server save demon

Crew member just lost pretty much her entire loadout after she put it into a storage chest and fast traveled away.  My guess is that the server hadn't finished writing her gear from her personal inventory to the containers, and when she Ft'd, her gear poofed.

Need to add more error checking, and possibly slow down how fast people are allowed to put stuff into containers.

This has happened to me three times now and we also have a bugged Large Storage Box which has one slot taken up by what looks like a crafting bp, but it's really just a bugged slot that cannot be interacted with.

55 minutes ago, Mctoozle said:

This has happened to me three times now and we also have a bugged Large Storage Box which has one slot taken up by what looks like a crafting bp, but it's really just a bugged slot that cannot be interacted with.

The bugged up slot will be cleaned up within a bit (that's what usually happens to us).  Encourage as many of your company members to vote for the issue to draw attention to it (Up arrow at the top of the thread)

Screenshot below of the issue in game. Pants (Normal pair since I stopped using anything upgraded to avoid losing it.) became unable to be moved off of me or into anything. Fast travelled away, spent 20 minutes or so doing something on another server and then came back to find the blueprint equipped on me and unable to be moved.

Screenshot 2019-02-06 14.00.44.png

getting to the point where this happens 2-3 times a day.  Should make it pretty easy to reproduce...

Hello,

This has happened to me two days in a row.  I have lost 2 pieces of fur armor, a smithy turned into a "blueprint" in my large storage chest and this morning 2 stacks of arrows were turned into blueprints that can't be interacted with, deleted and take of space ultimately destroying my ability to use and interact with a crafted item of mine.  As I was asking about it in server chat, it happened to another people in my grid. 

Its worryingly common at this point.  It's been acknowledged at least.  But damn does it suck.  We want to make better gear (although even blueprints can be hit by this so yeah)

I've had this happen twice. both times in a large storage chest with common items, luckily I've only lost a cloth hat and a paintbrush so far.

I've noticed this before in a few of my storage crates, but it has now happened to a pair of masterwork pants I was wearing. Persists through relogging. I ended up equipping another pair of pants over top of the glitched-equipped blueprint pair, but when i tried to remove the newly equipped pair, they disappeared and the glitched pair are now equipped again in the pants slot.

20190211234245_1.jpg

You have to wait for the slot to clear on its own.

I lost a legendary cloth shirt yesterday.

@Jatheish any updates?  Reproduction should be easy, it happens multiple times a day.

Edited by Archsenex

Lost a Bow Blueprint.  Bows seem to get this by far the most out of weapons.  I don't know if we've actually lost any weapons that aren't bows.

Armor we've lost by far the most cloth.  I've heard some people say they've lost hide, but for us it's like all our cloth armor is just waiting to vanish

THIS BUG IS HUGE - I just lost another pair of journeyman cloth gloves to this and I had a fine pike just disappear from a storage box. Please address this bug asap! Items disappearing totally ruins the game...