Special Notice regarding stacking cannons in gunports Read more... ×
Archsenex

Blueprint crafted Gear Keeps turning into Un-interactable Blueprints

Jat has confirmed they are looking into it (on twitter) but it's apparently flummoxing them on why it's happening

Happens to me too, normal and crafted blueprinted versions goes poof into a grey non intractable blueprint.

I just had this happen to a master craft chest plate... I thought using dyes to color it might help but it does not. This bug really needs to be fixed.. Please devs!

I've been seeing this with increasing regularity.

It's reached the point now where I have stopped making higher quality equipment from blueprints, as I know it's only a matter of time until it randomly turns itself into an unusable grey blueprint and I lose the equipment I crafted. 😞

Yep its the same in our company. We stopped crafting any blueprints and also we are not really motivated to farm any of the materials that we need to craft them. There is not a reason to go for treasure hunts. Sadly this bug destroys the whole pve for us. We play on pve so the only thing that we want is better and better items and use them on hard npcs but now this main motivation is gone 😞 

I'm ready to live with bugs in a early access game but losing items you put time into to craft them(esp. mythical) to a bug like this is pretty bad. I have to no problem to loose them because someone looted my corpse or lost in fight with any ship.

We will wait some more weeks for the admins to patch otherwise we stop to play it. 

I had  a legendary bow pattern just disappear out of my smithy next day after getting it from a 10.4 grade treasure map. But the legendary shot gun is still there that i also got from that map?

4 hours ago, brinit320 said:

I had  a legendary bow pattern just disappear out of my smithy next day after getting it from a 10.4 grade treasure map. But the legendary shot gun is still there that i also got from that map?

The bug hits bows and cloth armor the most.  Other items do get hit, but bows and cloth never last.

i lost several good stuff, max upgraded bows and clothing. my crew wears clothes matching ship colours and almost every day something disappears or turns into undroppable grey stuff from my crews gear.

i also noticed when i remove crew clothing sometimes new clothes appear in crew slot. these can be removed.

Same problem in my personnal inventory, many storage box and npcs inventory. When i lose a not important thing, it's not grave. But i have lost legendary cloth with intel, i have lost legendary blueprint for craft a rod, i have lost masterwork piece for build my galleon, etc...

All lost, turn into common blueprints impossible to move them or use them. I have tested to destroy storage box, nothing too. It's lost for ever.

Fixe this problem quickly plz, im very desapointed ! I take many time for play to this good game, and many hours lost with critical bugs !

Edited by swefpifh

This appears to be even worse in the new bookshelves then we used to see in other areas.  Here is on of our blueprint storage bookshelves.  We have another two that have lost at least one each and another that's lost three.  Please can we get this addressed?

20190224202858_1.jpg

Edited by albinogryphon
Can't do second attachment.

This happens on server restart right? At least it's seeming that way to me. Some kind of session versus stored variable problem with the database? (I'm a programmer...) Every instance I have seen has the resulting broken "crafting blueprint" icon directly corresponding to the item that was lost/converted. So a journeyman cap becomes the "base" common crafting icon for a cloth cap(not an actual blueprint, but the same crafting icon that would be representing "the skill" to craft the item). So there seems to be some data retained(the type of item) and some mutated/lost. 

1 hour ago, Mctoozle said:

This happens on server restart right? At least it's seeming that way to me. Some kind of session versus stored variable problem with the database? (I'm a programmer...) Every instance I have seen has the resulting broken "crafting blueprint" icon directly corresponding to the item that was lost/converted. So a journeyman cap becomes the "base" common crafting icon for a cloth cap(not an actual blueprint, but the same crafting icon that would be representing "the skill" to craft the item). So there seems to be some data retained(the type of item) and some mutated/lost. 

It has a high chance of happening on a server restart, but it's not the only time.  Sometimes, when we go to our corpse right after dying, it has happened.  And sometimes, just logging in without a restart will give us gear that's been poofed.

It's important to remember that when the server puts a portion of the game into stasis, it writes it out of memory and that could be part of it, however we've had it happen in fully active zones where we die, our pillar is visible from the respawn, and when we get there an item has bugged out.

happened to bows apparel and pretty much everything.

first i noticed it when accessing containers and just now i was missing a JM bow. had all my gear stashed on a tame. checking the tame there was that useless blueprint like item stuck on the bear.20190226053331_1.thumb.jpg.9804043c3051d189ee532b8021cf2b04.jpg

Jat's posting on twitter was almost 2 weeks ago. We spotted the problem in mid january... over a month just no real response to a gamebreaking bug. our motivation is almost gone. we want to love the game but we need an answer now how long this bug will be unfixed.... i bet its not in the highest priority.

Just give your community a short answer. we want to know that you are really working on that bug. if not we will quit unfortunately in 1-2 weeks. there is nothing to do we have all kind of animals ships and stuff. we want to craft better stuff and go treasure hunting again. no reason left to do anything for us since weeks 😕

Edited by T3ss0R

This Bug is annoying as Hell. Lost 2 Masterwork Bows in one day. Not the first Items poofed. Fix this already.

Another day, another piece of equipment turned into an unusable blueprint. For reference, here's what happened:

• Logged in at our base, with my character wearing cloth armour and carrying tools & weapons.
  • Stashed armour and weapons in a large wooden box.
  • Fast travelled to another region to check on things there for about 30 mins.
  • Fast travelled back to main base and went to my box - the cloth shirt is now an uninteractable blueprint in the box.

Previous time (yesterday):

• Logged in at our base, with my character wearing cloth armour and carrying tools & weapons. The cloth hat I was wearing had become an uninteractable blueprint that I couldn't remove. Fast travelling to another bed got rid of it.
  • A crewmate put their high quality crafting gear in their box for safekeeping while we went out on our ship in another region (no fast travel). About 3 hours later their plate chest was an uninteractable blueprint.

Before that (day before yesterday):

• Got some high quality blueprints from treasure hunting, including a >200% bow! Placed the bow blueprint and a gun blueprint on a smithy. Later in the day, the bow blueprint had vanished. (we are 100% certain that it is not possible a player moved it).

And so forth, going back weeks. Most days one of us loses something and we're only a company of 5 players on official EU PvE.

This is the kind of thing I'm hoping they'll address on the stream today etc.  Based on number of votes, there's a strong argument that this is among the top 3 bugs in the game (I know it's the only remaining bug that my group considers critical at this time).  It's just frustrating that we're so close, but also that we're now closing on two months without a resolution or major response.

@Jatheish @Dollie

Well, after the wipe and the MEGA Update nothing changed.... Stuff still morphs into blueprints -.- at least we have now axe blueprints that we can loose.

can happen to pretty much any item you put into storage or even into a tame's inventory.

most common, at least on my end, is that crew loses their 'uniform' which is replaced by them 'wearing' a blueprint that can't  be retrieved