INVALID

Captain's Log 19: The Golden Age of Piracy

That could be a private server and a mod they have created. I didn’t watch the entire video, just the beginning of it. Someone will always find a way to make the game easy, most of us don’t mind them doing for themselves as long as it doesn’t affect us. Killing off our tames, sinking our ships or stealing our supplies is a direct attack on another player in PVE, in pvp it’s expected.

• Making sure that solo players and smaller groups feel safer when logging off, or that after they’ve taken a break they can come back and know that it won’t be such a difficult feat to get out on the seas again.

Please.... No total invulnerability protection. I don't want to play whack a mole in a 40 square miles area with 2 online players, to find the only raidable base.

Also, please don't make this also a bulletsink/bulletfarm simulator, where raiding is literally standing in the edge of turret range with a ship, and defending is soulless metal grind for bullets for days. I mean, a mechanic that discourages raiding an offline base with turning it into boredom, or a defense where you need to give up exploration for the sake of farming enough bullets.
I think there should be a combination of 3 working solutions that doesn't break the game too much.
I would like to suggest that every npcs that are mounted to guns (not only puckle, but swivel, and cannon too) become invulnerable on land if mounted, even online, so the gun they are using should be killed first (To prevent sniping them). Non-mounted npcs should have a turret mode, where they can use pistols and rifles, and have their stats, and hp regen buffed, and also generally npc stat should raise significally while players are offline and they should autoloot killed players into a lootbox in range.
For ships the turret mounted npcs should only be invulnerable when players are offline, they only have stat buffs when online.
Freeport banking, and ship insurance. Basicly a gold over time costing storage, where the cost depends on how much stuff are banked there (based on weight not slots). It will be possible to bank with player traders with infinite prices, so... i think it would be better to filter those "not really selling anything" shops before people start to spam bankshops. We don't need invulnerability, we just need something that prevents us to start from scratch each time when someone raids us.

Fix logging, and add an extra bounty system. The bounty itself would be paid by players, and it would pay out with sunken ship of the criminal (connected only to ship class, not to any kind of assets on board, and it removes a little fraction of ship skeleton price's worth, so it cant be removed material effectively). Better ships sunk means better plunder on the wreck anyway. Also, people should have a criminal ID, what's visible on crew logs only on hostile actions, where you put the bounty on (1 time payment only, afterward the criminal ID can't be used). Doing any hostile action after bounty is put on somebody, reactivates the id, so people can put bounty again one time then (hostile action: attacking a people who did not damage to you in the last 10 second, doesn't have bounty on his head, and doesn't killed you in the last 24 hour, and any kind of tame-ship-building killing/stealing). This way innocent people can't be bountied.
Auto paid bounty from npcs can be abused to give gold to a friendly player, it reward sin, not punish it.
Also if bounty is tied to ship sinking, you only hinder their sea movement, not ruin their life, and they are playing pirates in a pirate game, they should be not offline raided for money, or tortured, or locked into a cell for hours, just have people hunt them, and have them lose assets due to their work.

However. I'm perfectly fine with the current system, i only miss a good crew log. I can already box npcs bodies behind a swivel gun, so i can do a good offline protection, so its just aestetic difference if their body would be invulnerable or not, that's why i think that should be a thing. Just please.... don't remove pvp from a pvp game. The lack of a good offline protection is the only motivation that make people want to move on a mega-tribe claim for protection. This could be the community forming stuff that could include solo players too. So basicly the best solution for this problem is this:

• Incentivize companies to neutralize their territories, inviting others to make use of their land so that both can benefit.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Lynx said:

Still no single player mode or at least LAN server support.

That might save this game.

16 minutes ago, sand man said:

That might save this game.

Kinda doubtful. They have turned so many people off.

I might just stick with Ark. Maybe wait for release and see how Atlas turns out. Or if Ark 2 is going to exist.

Taking into your post and the options you gave I’m guessing you are referring to pvp aspect of the game, a simple solution is not have protection for offline players instead encourage them to join large companies that can provide the protection they need while being offline, in pvp there is very little solo play or husband and wife teams, it’s larger groups and normally all communication goes through the company leaders based on a ranking system that the company has came up with. In pvp your encouraged to raid, pillage and plunder, to take and destroy what someone else has. To prove you are better than they are.  If companies plan correctly they can build almost impenetrable bases that are well defended against anyone attacking.  The issue most of are having that you’ve been reading is in PVE, where we have no desire to fight one another, if we are going to do sea battles it’s going to be with SOTD and sea monsters, where we may team up and work together for the fight and then go back to our pirate lives until the next time we meet. If we are to have bases to raid, pillage and plunder then it should be a npc base, defended with high defense and make it a respawnable system but it can’t be something a solo player can do, it would have to be something that they joined in on or a planned event