INVALID

Captain's Log 19: The Golden Age of Piracy

B70EBA322315DCC10D9127414E6E759020E8A901

ACC6A1C8E5B9ED2CEDE2159FA8DDE9350831C9C3the player was still moving with normal speed ( with over 5k in his inv. ) 
Supp.Ticket still  unanswered , over 2 weeks !!!!

1 hour ago, cavedog said:

B70EBA322315DCC10D9127414E6E759020E8A901

ACC6A1C8E5B9ED2CEDE2159FA8DDE9350831C9C3the player was still moving with normal speed ( with over 5k in his inv. ) 
Supp.Ticket still  unanswered , over 2 weeks !!!!

I submitted a idea for a fix to the sinking ships because someone is putting to much weight on them, all that needs to be done is make the ships encumbered so they can’t move with to much weight instead of allowing them to be sunk. That fixes everything for that, it allows people to be ferried again, it keeps griefers from sinking our ships and if they want to drop off 5k lbs worth of mats in that scenario to slow our ships down, I’m all for it, I could use 5k lbs of materials donated as long as it’s not going to sink my ship, I won’t mind a bit moving the mats to a storage box in my base.

@Jatheish

Hey there!

How will the Daily Quests work? Will there be random Spawns like the Treasure Maps und Chests? For Example: Collect an Item from a random spawned Shipwreck.

Or will the Quests be static and official servers only?

Keep up the good work, enjoying the game with some Friends for a while and we love the development 🙂

Edited by Xxem

hello @Jatheish  BIG problem found after the Change about Sleeping body... 

- When a player log off on a boat, and when the boat continue the trip, when the player Back he reloag on water, on the server where he have log off. 

our Compagny have Lost a lot of Stuff with this problem, logoff on a boat when other player play it's unplayable now after the sleeping body change on PVE 😞 

if you want @Jatheish i can make a Bug report.. 

Best regard

Edited by ReilanT

@Jatheishnice changes and ideas, good to see you listen to some comments and feedback.

Yet to see a fix or even a 'we are aware' of the lowlevelfatalerror that everyone gets from WC/GS or whatever you want to be called.

Ill keep on bringing it up in the hope that it will be realised.

Making sure that solo players and smaller groups feel safer when logging off, or that after they’ve taken a break they can come back and know that it won’t be such a difficult feat to get out on the seas again.

But this will cause a lot of options for a mechanic for large companies ... 

@Jatheish Can you give some feedback from the Dev perspective about the design decisions to go with raw PvP and raw PvE? You stated early in the peace you guys were taking inspiration from Eve and its incredibly clear that this game really has some serious potential to follow a similar successful pattern with the Low Sec / High Sec design. What's your thoughts on the PvPvE servers starting to appear? For those of us that have played Eve we know the formula they have works incredibly well, why not copy it?

The only way a solo player could exist in a pvevp server is if we never left base and built humongous walls around our base, that or join a company so we could compete, I myself and I’d say a few others have no desire to have any part of pvp, we have no desire to be “bullied” in a game we come to relax in.  Yeah I said bullied, no matter how you look at it, pvp is for bullying other players, who ever came mass the most members and work the best tactics will dominate everyone else, it has very little to do with skill vs your ping to the server and your computer you play on. Whom ever has the better gear and internet will almost always be the better player because they can react faster then the other person. 

I myself play the game on a laptop, little lag and smooth graphics but I could not compete against someone on a desktop with the same specs.

If you enjoy pvp, then you should play pvp, the only way I would remain a loyal player to the game if it went strictly pvp is if it was set up that you had to flag for pvp and  structures or ships could not take damage unless that company had flagged for pvp.

Never played Eve?

Solo players do really well for themselves. Be it trading low and selling high across the multiple markets or accepting hauling orders and moving resources around the map. They also have the safety of High Sec where they can do as they please in next to no danger. 

Before you fear the unknown it's important to stop and consider if you are simply afraid of the change because change is scary or if it would be detrimental to the game. 

This wouldn't be detrimental to your experience given the current PvPvE design gives you dedicated PvE squares where you can do exactly as you do now. But you can also choose to explore the PvP squares should you wish. 8

An alle, die der englischen Sprache nicht so mächtig sind:

Zum Wochenende ein Wenig Lektüre für Interessierte. Ich habe den ersten (spannenden) Teil des 19. Captains Log "entschlüsselt". Ist sicherlich ganz interessant aber hinterlässt bei mir auch etliche Fragezeichen. Viel Spaß beim Lesen.

Es handelt sich um einen Link zu meiner (nicht kommerziellen, werbefreien) Community- und Fansite -wenn ihr es nicht lesen/ anklicken wollt, scrollt einfach bitte weiter.  Danke 🙂 

http://atlas-mmo.de/index.php?article/18-das-goldene-zeitalter-der-piraterie-aus-dem-captains-log-19/

I hope that the new changes will let solo or small comany players take a few days off (even a two-week holiday) and come back to find their base and ships still there (on PVE). Please say it will be so?

• Like 1

All I want to know is when magic will be implemented. All I want to do is be a mage. I wake up every day and search the forums to see if there is any news on magic. Can't wait till its in the game. If @Jatheish could give me some insight or any hints or clues to when we might hear about magic, I'd at least have some closure.

Edited by ZooMTRauMA

I would love to see allies be able to shoot your cannons etc, it's an ally i don't see why not.

• Like 1

ALRIGHT so, i got the update to 4.3gb of 4.3gb wouldn't finish installing after about an hour so i restarted steam. Now i have to completely redownload Atlas? Are you fucking joking me? I've already done the integrity of files 3 times before this. 

Don't push shit out without testing please. Now my Saturday is ruined because i have to wait 9 hours for the game to download.

10 hours ago, drunkNun said:

So how exactly is this new guillotine made? I'm not seeing it in anything in game.

It's not been released yet.

When will the exploit of kiting SOTD into land so they can destroy ships be fixed, I had someone openly admitting to doing it and will continue to do it, just so he could go through the salvage. This is on a pve server btw, not sure if a fix has even been mentioned yet for a upcoming patch. I started to place the large gates around my ships but I’m not sure if that will even help.

Any other ideas for protecting my ships that anyone can think of

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:27 AM, Bucket said:

ALRIGHT so, i got the update to 4.3gb of 4.3gb wouldn't finish installing after about an hour so i restarted steam. Now i have to completely redownload Atlas? Are you fucking joking me? I've already done the integrity of files 3 times before this. 

Don't push shit out without testing please. Now my Saturday is ruined because i have to wait 9 hours for the game to download.

If your whole Saturday is ruined due to a game being downloaded due to bugs or whatever you need a life lmao!

• Like 1

Bucket, I’m not sure what happened there, I know steam was having issues that same day. Atlas I believe made a tweet about it saying steam needed to work the issue out on their end. I never had any issues myself and played all day and most of the night Saturday, so it could have been that I was already in the game when the issue happened. I’m not sure but the update worked fine for me and some others that were in game, the only reason I knew there was a issue was I happened to look at Twitter during supper.

We're investigating at the moment, so far it doesn't seem to be something on our end. It may be related to downtime Steam is having, downdetector.com/status/steam. Other hosts have contacted us and indicated that they're having some problems, but we're going to keep investigating.

this is one thread from Twitter 

On 1/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, Jatheish said:

We're going to be introducing a natural decay on PvE servers for abandoned boats, as well as on Golden Age Ruin Servers on PvP Realms. If these boats haven't had activity after a certain amount of time (probably a couple weeks) they'll be destroyed. We don't expect it'll be needed as much on Golden Age Ruin servers on PvP, however, we know there's an abundance of Ramshackle Sloops and possibly rafts which players wouldn't want to use materials to sink so we expect it to make a difference :).

Definitely not something that's intended, we'll investigate.

Claims should only be unclaimable when a player hasn't been active in that claimed area for 3 days, if you've been actively playing in the zone then you'll be safe from having it unclaimed. Only once the 'inactive' timer has gone over 72 days, will a claim on a PvE server be unclaimable by another group. Previously, even if this were the case, sleeping bodies were having an impact on it and that isn't by design.

Could you elaborate? 🙂

I spoke to Amber a bout it a while back. We had a member who was part of the company and was removed due to reasons. His buildings are in our claim area and say demolish able but it doesnt allow us to do it when we click it. It is causing us to not be able to build or anything. Was told it would be fixed eventually then comments shut off to the post. 

Here is the link to the original ticket that was shut off without resolve.

Hopefully something can be done about this. We have had 6 people quit due to this already...

Edited by Grizz87
link didnt transfer.

I’ve ran into a similar issue, I am no longer in that region but now I’m plagued by ships and rafts that have been abandoned

They've worked really hard at fixing some of the exploits, bugs and glitches and I'm sure they will get the rest eventually.  For some of us they can't come to soon because the exploits really make us uneasy about building ships and such due to losing them at no fault of our own.  I read the Twitter, discord and forums quite regular, I'm also a very active player according to my wife and steam account so I've seen 1st hand of the things that have been improved and I also see the things that are still waiting to be improved.  It's a very large open world, do anything, go anywhere as long as you can survive type of game.   For a solo player it's a struggle if you wish to remain a solo player, not a struggle as in this is to hard to do but a struggle as in it's going to take longer to do.  Which is fine with me as long as I don't lose my progress while I'm logged off due to people luring SOTD in to sink the ships I've built already.. I"m really wanting to build a Galleon and hire some crew members and start trade routes.. I few companies have already done so and they really seem like they enjoy the whole aspect of sailing around and making new friends and offering trade goods along the way. 

I hope what you've read here in the forums doesn't deter you away from the game, it truly is a blessing to have such a fantastic game but there are exploits which still exist and hopefully are being worked out.  

3 hours ago, Amadessa said:

The Golden age, cheaters, dupers and bug users :classic_love:

Edited by Daemon Cross