INVALID

Captain's Log 19: The Golden Age of Piracy

12 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

ASAP tbh. Maybe today.... maybe tomorrow. I mean, it'll be a minor version deployment that'll go out as soon as it's been 👍 by our QA + Technical folks.

Wasn't there supposed to be an automatic kill on Lawless and Freeports after 10 days?  The patch notes for v11.1 say you already implemented this, did it just not take?

25 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

ASAP tbh. Maybe today.... maybe tomorrow. I mean, it'll be a minor version deployment that'll go out as soon as it's been 👍 by our QA + Technical folks.

Will that patch include the change so that sleeping bodies don't contest as well or just the inactive bodies disappearing?

That's an encouraging Captain's Log.

I just knew if I started massive buildings of stone on a Lawless Island, you'd do something about claims.  Can you get the team to talk about restricting the # of claims on pve, please?  The whole "Take over the Atlas and own the world" thing isn't very well suited there.

Looking forward to the changes!

15 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Wasn't there supposed to be an automatic kill on Lawless and Freeports after 10 days?  The patch notes for v11.1 say you already implemented this, did it just not take?

We just ran it once, but now we're just going to keep it running continuously, on all servers.

2 minutes ago, Leery said:

Will that patch include the change so that sleeping bodies don't contest as well or just the inactive bodies disappearing?

It should be both, but that's assuming no technical hiccups. Best way to know is when the patch is live 🙂

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

That's an encouraging Captain's Log.

I just knew if I started massive buildings of stone on a Lawless Island, you'd do something about claims.  Can you get the team to talk about restricting the # of claims on pve, please?  The whole "Take over the Atlas and own the world" thing isn't very well suited there.

Looking forward to the changes!

We'll be looking at doing further work for claim flags and aye it's certainly a point of discussion for our team. Not saying that limiting is what we'll end up doing, but we're exploring options. 

Please fix PVE claim timers before  you implement this -> "only logged in characters will be able to contest claims."As of right now, leaving an alt account at the base asleep is still the only way to prevent our claims from being stolen when we go out treasure hunting for the day. With only a few flags down, people are still able to contest after only a few hours when we are not at the base... the 3 day flag claim times for pve do not work. 

2 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

It should be both, but that's assuming no technical hiccups. Best way to know is when the patch is live 🙂

Thanks for the quick response Jat!  Just trying to plan ahead around some uh... friendly competition us and another group have had over an inactive players territory.  Looks like some great changes planned ahead, looking forward to hearing more about the main quests and daily quests!

@Jatheish

When you say forced character destruction is this in fact the killing of the player character or are you meaning the literal deletion of the character on the server so that if the player comes back they would have to recreate their character?

Just now, Vaenix said:

@Jatheish

When you say forced character destruction is this in fact the killing of the player character or are you meaning the literal deletion of the character on the server so that if the player comes back they would have to recreate their character?

Killing, not deleting 🙂

• Thanks 1

@Jatheish Loving the game soo far since a few days after release, the recent Alpha nerf was 10/10, and if i was to comment on 1 thing that brings this game down atm, it would be the Power Stone Islands. Recently crafted Mythical weapons and was hyped to try them out there, but as usual that place is typically a disaster. Spent hours searching for the boss on H6 and failed to find it, and the Power Stone servers seem to consistently DC/Freeze for 5-10 seconds every 10 minutes or so, most likely due to the hundreds if not thousands of sloops parked around the island. 

Guessing u guys are already looking into a fix for the performance issues on Power Stone Islands though. I suggest adding a beam or maybe a skill/perk to view a bosses location via a Beam when u are close enough maybe? like a treasure map. I'd love that anyway, would make the power stones a little less brutal.

Edited by Vadearlst
  • Like 1

Glad to see you're still working on the ship sinking griefing. However, anything you can stay about raft spamming? The protections help us keep our ships but it also protects raft spammers and rafts in prime spots that have been abandoned for weeks.

• Like 1

@Jatheish As a PVE player, it is very difficult to have any fun in the game when wild snakes can move right through stone walls. We do have collision removed on our server. Would that cause that to happen?  In Ark  the animals are not able to move through walls if we have collision removed.  Is there any way this can be fixed?  

1 minute ago, Zadira said:

@Jatheish As a PVE player, it is very difficult to have any fun in the game when wild snakes can move right through stone walls. We do have collision removed on our server. Would that cause that to happen?  In Ark  the animals are not able to move through walls if we have collision removed.  Is there any way this can be fixed?  

They're doing it on official too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

They're doing it on official too

So it is not due to the collision setting! GOSH!!  This need to be fixed ASAP!!!

Particularly looking forward to the daily and skill quests and improvements in that area... exciting stuff, love the direction you're taking the game in that regard.

Bit irritated that u choose to 'honor' PVE companies with the largest claims though, I just know this will encourage those who wish to impress their peers to claim as much as possible on the map to get their company on the list. Seems very out of place in PVE and asking for more antisocial behavior.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jatheish said:

:pirate_mask: the Golden Age of Piracy! :pirate_mask:

Well, it sounds good on paper anyway. Thanks for at least down tuning alphas. Being one-shotted out of the blue by alpha crocs while swimming was not a fun experience, nor was being terrorized for over an hour by multiple nigh unstoppable alpha cobras because weapon nerfs have made them borderline invincible. All we could do was watch helplessly as they killed all the best tames we had. This was the opposite of fun. 

Also can we maybe not have animals eating houses? Like any kind of houses? Can that be a thing? I get a dragon being able to destroy a house with fire, or a hydra with their breath weapon, but in no way does it make sense to me that a snake would or could headbutt its way through a wooden wall or foundation. Or a croc, or wolf, or lion, etc etc. Maybe an elephant or something massive like that. 

And what about cobras clipping almost their entire bodies through walls and foundations now?

Also, when a player mans a puckle gun, the only thing it works against are birds, but when we put an NPC on it, they can attack anything.

Any plans for a larger elevator platform or making elephants fit on the large platform properly? Also, the elevator crank noise doesn't stop playing even after you stop using it, like loudly and continuously. 

Can we get snap points on gates, and a smaller gate than the small gate and a medium sized gate?  

• Like 1

So, if a PvE company has a plot of land, and logs off for a few days, that land can be contested because sleeping characters will no longer count as a contest?  Meaning, they would log into nothing?  I have to be missing something here.

• Like 2

The state of raiding right now is very unbalanced towards the attackers. We had a 7 layered honeycombed base that was offlined in under 20 minutes by 3 people. The time and materials to make the base are drastically more compared to the cannon balls and cannons.  Adding the extra cost to the walls was not that big of a deal, making them paper tipped the scales. Twelve hours into the stone nerf almost all bases on the island were completely raided.  

• Like 3

I wonder, will the height slider be scaling the character and affect height as well as width or will it just affect height resulting only in fat dwarfs?

I"m hoping this will be restated.  It's not clear at all.

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

If I have a claim, what specifically do I have to do to keep it?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

I'll be brushing up on my necromancy, just in case.

Confirmed Necromancy next update!!!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I"m hoping this will be restated.  It's not clear at all.

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

If I have a claim, what specifically do I have to do to keep it?  

Exactly.  I am really excited for changes with the claiming system for PvE.  This will allow me to take over the land I've been living on for the last month.  However, this reads like, "if you are not logged in, people will be able to contest and steal your land after a few hours".