Sign in to follow this  
Snackbarry

Can a house ruin material spawns?

Hello, 

someone from my company tells me that because of my house there are less spawns in our teritory. Is this true or is he just talking BS? 

Thanks in advance for the feedback :) 

Just now, Snackbarry said:

Hello, 

someone from my company tells me that because of my house there are less spawns in our teritory. Is this true or is he just talking BS? 

Thanks in advance for the feedback 🙂

Yes.

Various building pieces(foundations/pillars/etc.) can reduce spawns in any given area.  In lawless this seems to have a reduced affect(changed due to foundation/pillar spam).   This affects both creature and resource spawns so try not to build on rare resource nodes.

Yes. When they say this, they typically mean you built your house on top of some resources or very close (not sure, maybe 10 foundation widths is blocking) to them. They obviously can't spawn back in on top of your house.

Only lawless you can build without resource reduction. In any place you can do claims any structure reduce resources.

It seems to be Floor and ceiling tiles for sure create a radius of no spawn. I have been testing this and can 100% confirm. I do not know yet if gates or walls have the same AoE. 

The range, I don't think its 10 tiles, but for sure 6, or somewhere in between. I am guessing there is a Metric measurement that I have not yet deduced. Anyone know what dimensions the tiles are supposed to be scaled to? 1m x 1m seems kinda small and 2m x 2m seems kinda big.

Additionally, the spawn affected seems to only be affected once harvested. So if you have a neat forest around your dwelling, don't clear it and it will stay.

-CS

12 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

It seems to be Floor and ceiling tiles for sure create a radius of no spawn. I have been testing this and can 100% confirm. I do not know yet if gates or walls have the same AoE. 

The range, I don't think its 10 tiles, but for sure 6, or somewhere in between. I am guessing there is a Metric measurement that I have not yet deduced. Anyone know what dimensions the tiles are supposed to be scaled to? 1m x 1m seems kinda small and 2m x 2m seems kinda big.

Additionally, the spawn affected seems to only be affected once harvested. So if you have a neat forest around your dwelling, don't clear it and it will stay.

-CS

I've not managed to find a conversion yet but the specific measurement they use in this game engine is called "Unreal Units".  Unless you want to get super technical measuring off of foundations is probably the closest you will get.  6-10 sounds about right for default 1.0 respawn radius, the lawless zones seem to be set to 0.1(which means shit can more or less spawn in them).

Edit:

Found more info:

https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_Unit

Edited by Vaenix
Source Info

19 minutes ago, Snackbarry said:

Hello, 

Thanks in advance for the feedback 🙂

As weird as it is, yeah. It would be nice if they'd reduce the radius on this but for the time being it is what it is. I built a single foundation with a bed on it on a hill and it turns out that blocked all sorts of things for quite some distance. Trees, fiber, crystal all never came back until I destroyed it.