Sign in to follow this  
Felsi

Burnt Out

I started playing close to the beginning, not during the first couple of days, but I heard about that mess. Instead I came in with a buddy of mine and we struck out with some friends. We did the typical ark/Minecraft/smackatreeforwood game stuff, gathered our butts off, build ships and then went to bed. Ships got sunk and we log in to gathering again building another ship that we got to sail for a little before it also got sunk. We gather again while thinking about striking out on our own and we do. Tried to team up with another group that we thought would bring in more people, but no one logged on and we farmed up ships and we took them out and had a lot of fun, but then when it became just us who were getting on we decided to leave, so they offered for me to take the ship that we gathered and built. I went to take the ship and they kicked me before I could get it to a safe place to claim and killed me, in return we took ram-shackle sloops and sailed them into the harbor to slam into that ship till it sunk. That was probably the most fun I’ve had in this game.

Moving on, we farm more stuff, we make more ships, but no matter where we go, our ships get sunk while we are offline, we come back to nothing. Starting over again and again had always been the Ark way, until they implimented the offline lock, if someone was offline for however many hours, then you could strike, but right now there is nothing to aid people or groups that are smaller from being able to survive a night. My buddy and I have pulled a month of all nighters trying to keep land and ships and tames from being killed, I’ll speak for myself, I’m burnt out.

I love sailing, I love being a pirate, but if these larger companies that have so much more manpower than me and the 4-5 other people I play with just wait till we are offline to raid. Then that’s no fun for anyone, there is no PvP, there is no challenge, there is just opportunists who further make it impossible for any feeling of hope or adventure or anything.

If I had one request, please watch this. Understand that the mechanics and how ‘punishing’ your game is to its player is what drives the negative ratings.

https://youtu.be/hmEa-YAcFk8

I’m going to be stepping away from this game for a little and hope that at somepoint down the line it becomes less about large companies, which reminds me of EVE, and more about pirates.

Edited by Felsi

There are unofficial servers that are not so grueling. Also some with role playing, so I assume even more pirated. I'm going to assume when the mods get going, the unofficial's will have the most pirate like stuff, not the officials.

I do agree to a certain extent with ya unofficial's are good but some people enjoy the pvp they get when they are online and can fight a big company and actually win/lose against em depending on skills and building.

We had to merge into a bigger crew/company due to the offlining but now we can enjoy the game more and have the fun of people working together getting maps/foy/stones/capturing land. It's a whole different game now.

4 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

I do agree to a certain extent with ya unofficial's are good but some people enjoy the pvp they get when they are online and can fight a big company and actually win/lose against em depending on skills and building.

We had to merge into a bigger crew/company due to the offlining but now we can enjoy the game more and have the fun of people working together getting maps/foy/stones/capturing land. It's a whole different game now.

I love the size of the official server, I love the ability to go to a sector of the map where no one has heard of you. I love pvp. My experience thus far however has been that there are 2 of us verses two galleons. I can only do so much. Here if you need a little pic, I’ll give you proof. Me and a buddy holding off a large company from taking land. This is after they contacted me over Discord and tried to threaten/bully their way to getting what they wanted.

D90EE17F-283B-4091-B45F-3000DB6BDF22.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Felsi said:

I love the size of the official server, I love the ability to go to a sector of the map where no one has heard of you. I love pvp. My experience thus far however has been that there are 2 of us verses two galleons. I can only do so much. Here if you need a little pic, I’ll give you proof. Me and a buddy holding off a large company from taking land. This is after they contacted me over Discord and tried to threaten/bully their way to getting what they wanted.

So you are expecting that the game balancing should allow a single player or a duo to just completely annihilate a galleon with tons of members on it's crew?  Based on your screenshot and description that's not even an offline raid.

So you are getting online pvp which is what you said you love.  Other than being massively out numbered what exactly were you expecting in an online mmo pvpve game where you opted in on the pvp? 

I'm sorry but your post is rather confusing.  Initially it sounded as if you were burned out because the game is "easier" for larger groups and you are getting steamrolled in offline raids.  But this latest post shows it was also online raids that are bothering you, so why not just go to PvE? 

Sorry for your confusion, let me clarify. I am not saying that 2 people should be able to take out two galleons. However if I had blasting barrels that would of been possible as I swam under those boats a number of times. I am saying that we’ve not gotten a moments rest. We’ve gotten zero chance to build up enough to make any kind of progress that would allow for us to even have a foot to stand on in PvP. I don’t mind that these guys came to grab resources from the island and we played a game of hide and seek and strategy to get them to move on. That’s part of the game. I stayed up all night doing this, laying in the grass. If they had found me and killed me, wiped the island as they said they would, then cool good game, you won. As you can see from the picture, I have nothing. Nothing in which to fight back with, so I played smart. Sorry if that was confusing for you.

2 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Not to hijack this thread, but now that its back to day 1 gather rates think im just about burned out as well.

I don’t want to leave, I really enjoy this game, but I’m tired, lol.

2 minutes ago, Felsi said:

I don’t want to leave, I really enjoy this game, but I’m tired, lol.

It seems the game has given everything it has to offer, and now its just taking....