Castellane93

Masterwork shipbuilding

Shipyard has nothing to do with your ship quality.. The skeleton has NO stats.. All ships are like a LV1 animal that max at 41.. All of them start with the same stats in the inventory screen when completed..

The addon parts are the there to protect it.. The skeleton takes no damage, unless your leaking or missing a plank.  

If your on the wheel holding H your ship health is 100.

When your leaking think of it like a bleeding effect, The longer you bleed the more health you loose. 

When your missing a plank your bleeding is increased,  your heath goes down faster... missing several planks you sink really fast.

Only think your higher level Shipyard BP does is gives your shipyard more health.

Edited by Pax

I do wonder if this is still the case.  Got a Journeyman shipyard BP and was hoping it makes better ships.  Is it still the same?  Also, idk if they lowered cost but my BP mats cost is like half what you guys are showing.  I am on private server but basic settings.

I know this was over 2 years ago but if anyone has info please let me know thank you

So I just tested this and a better quality shipyard DOES indeed craft a better quality ship!  I spawned them in for the test.  Legendary Large Shipyard crafted and Brig at 150+%.  I checked my Common Brig and its sitting at 100%.  So now I can get to work on making my Journeyman Large Shipyard!