Castellane93

Masterwork shipbuilding

On the hunt for masterwork blueprints to build a new Brig, and a question came up that the group couldn't figure out.

Is there different quality levels of ship skeletons, or do you just use the base skeleton and use all of the upgraded parts on it?

Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense that something like a masterwork large shipyard would produce masterwork skeletons, because a masterwork smithy doesn't produce masterwork tools, the smithy itself is just more durable, yea?

- Pictures of bad ass higher tier ships for fun, let's see what you have.

I've been wondering how the higher tier shipyards affect building ships.  maybe they do a better skeleton?

6 minutes ago, TyGeR_STD said:

I've been wondering how the higher tier shipyards affect building ships.  maybe they do a better skeleton?

I will second this!

thought the  only thing making a better ship is getting the blueprints for better planks-gunports and ship decks  ? , tho i just wish there was more explanations on resistances-where you are taking damage, running over a big ship and having to check all planks is tedious 😛

Also heh we have a green 115% medium wood plank brig made so any bit of extra hitpoints help, we also looted green 115% large planks bp, so that means its like 1500-1800 extra on all planks on a galleon (and thats just a decent green bp)

Update: So, we went and grinded the material out to build a journeyman large shipyard, just to science the theory about the docks producing higher tier ship skeletons. First issue is something that has been brought up about the Journeyman large shipyard, you can't fit all of the mats needed to build it in the smithy. With the blueprint in the smithy, you are 100-ish wood short to complete the structure, so, that's a thing.

We wanted to science the theory still, so instead of the Journeyman large yard, I swapped the BP out for a Journeyman Small Shipyard, made it, and placed it. The shipyard DID NOT produce a higher tier ship skeleton. Furthermore, I placed the yard in a bad spot just to test the theory, checked quickly, and picked up the yard so that we could place it properly in a few days. Picking up the yard returned me a common small shipyard.

In conclusion, higher tier shipyards are not worth making at this point in the game. Perhaps making the smithy able to hold all required mats, plus having the shipyards produce higher tier skeletons (that could maybe be leveled up past 41?) would make the grind worthwhile.

• Thanks 6

35 minutes ago, Castellane93 said:

Update: So, we went and grinded the material out to build a journeyman large shipyard, just to science the theory about the docks producing higher tier ship skeletons. First issue is something that has been brought up about the Journeyman large shipyard, you can't fit all of the mats needed to build it in the smithy. With the blueprint in the smithy, you are 100-ish wood short to complete the structure, so, that's a thing.

We wanted to science the theory still, so instead of the Journeyman large yard, I swapped the BP out for a Journeyman Small Shipyard, made it, and placed it. The shipyard DID NOT produce a higher tier ship skeleton. Furthermore, I placed the yard in a bad spot just to test the theory, checked quickly, and picked up the yard so that we could place it properly in a few days. Picking up the yard returned me a common small shipyard.

In conclusion, higher tier shipyards are not worth making at this point in the game. Perhaps making the smithy able to hold all required mats, plus having the shipyards produce higher tier skeletons (that could maybe be leveled up past 41?) would make the grind worthwhile.

Thanks! I was just about to build a small green shipyard. You saved me a lot of mats and time!

Yup I can also confirm, the higher grade shipyards are basically for pvp (higher durability) The skeletons built in them are no different whatsoever. The only way to craft a better ship is with better planks and decks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Indywoodtiger said:

This is what forums should be, someone else letting me know about their wasted time and materials to save me from same fate.

I aim to please

• Like 1

I have a large blue shipyard. I've built it more than a month ago in smity. Ships produced there haven't any advantages. Only 341k durability of shipyard.

13 hours ago, Nitex said:

I have a large blue shipyard. I've built it more than a month ago in smity. Ships produced there haven't any advantages. Only 341k durability of shipyard.

You have accomplished a what would seem impossible task then. If you could provide a screenshot on how you pulled it off, it would be appreciated

4 hours ago, Castellane93 said:

You have accomplished a what would seem impossible task then. If you could provide a screenshot on how you pulled it off, it would be appreciated

111.jpg

I'm genuinely curious. Here is a glorious low quality picture of the building requirements. 

3x1669 fiber

3x835 stone

3x3338 thatch

3x6677 wood

Fiber stacks to 1000, everything else stacks to 500. So, without typing out the number breakdown, 6 stacks of fiber, 6 stacks of stone, 21 stacks of thatch, and 42 stacks of wood.

75 slots taken before blueprint, smithy has 75 slots max (as we know).

Does your blueprint have a different cost to build, or do you get a reduced mat cost from some kind of intelligence boost?

Capture.JPG

22.jpg

I dont have all resources at the moment but replace them by another one, there are 3 free spaces in smithy

And I have bettter durability of shipyard than you :classic_tongue:

31 minutes ago, Nitex said:

22.jpg

I dont have all resources at the moment but replace them by another one, there are 3 free spaces in smithy

And I have bettter durability of shipyard than you :classic_tongue:

Can we get a higher quality picture to see what your build requirements are? Struggling to read the mats at 240p

18 minutes ago, Nitex said:

I have 10Gb @4k , but forum doesn't let it. I can share it in steam

That would be cool, or even just telling us the amounts your bp is asking for would be appreciated. Trying to get to the bottom of this

I can build it for you if you bring resources, it will be great if they will be differnt that you see 🙂

you  are just unlycky @Castellane93 mine shipyard cost less , fibers 1232*3 , stone 616*3 , thatch 2464*3, wood 4928*3, so i builded it, i'll try to see if my next brig go more than lvl 41

• Thanks 1

so .. Always lvl41 max for that brig builded in blu ship yard 😕 if someone got tips how to up more boats 🙂

Edited by skunky
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skunky said:

so .. Always lvl41 max for that brig builded in blu ship yard 😕 if someone got tips how to up more boats 🙂

Thanks for the update Skunky