Sign in to follow this  
Ameesa

Template for Sails & Flags?

Hello, everybody, 

I'm looking for some templates for sails and flags. 

I just need some basic information about dimensions and file format. Where do i have to put which kind of file? Just need some short instructions ;)

I'm a professional graphic designer myself, I'm looking forward to a useful guide for designing sails :D  

Is there a link or another thread?

Best regards, 

ameesa

2 hours ago, Ameesa said:

Hello, everybody, 

I'm looking for some templates for sails and flags. 

I just need some basic information about dimensions and file format. Where do i have to put which kind of file? Just need some short instructions 😉

I'm a professional graphic designer myself, I'm looking forward to a useful guide for designing sails 😄

Is there a link or another thread?

Best regards, 

ameesa

It was actually quite frustrating for me to do this even when following video. I made the mistake on a large sail and it painted 1 design over 3 flags instead of 1. Watch this video and see if the template is on this website, I used the large sail template. You have to open it up in another programme to put the image over the template. Once you get the hang of it it's no problem but at first I was so confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnyEOLC8eqA&t=7s

https://atlastemplates.com/

• Thanks 1

When you use the paintbrush,just outline the sails in their paintable areas all round the outside.I then use the free programme atlas paint,because it has the updated game colours in it.I've also found that if you draw directly to sail in an art programme it can load pixelated a bit,so I now draw in photopaint at 300 dpi then drag it onto sail,makes it smoother. 

Would be nice if grapeshot did this for us.  It's a painful and fiddly system to get it working.  Basically, you outline your sails/flags ingame with paint.  Save the config.  Load a converter out of game, load the saved sail/flag config, convert it to what your paint program can read.  Use your paint program to then edit the sail/flag.  Save it.  Load the new config into the converter, convert it back to pnt format in the saved paintings folder.  Then ingame, you can load it up onto your flags.  Providing you have enough of the right paints.

Would be nice to see a link inside the uploader part of the game, to several hundred templates for use, either player made or dev designs.  So we don't need to mess around with the entire process.  Even just every countries flag.. so people could use their own country's id to indicate where they're from and who they're proud of being.

I once made my own union jack ingame, took me about 4 hours.  Pixel by pixel.  But it looked pretty good.  Now I just copy googled flags onto my templates.  Or designs.  Not that I'm that good at Art.. I can copy stuff, not imagine new.

The program I use to convert is Atlaspntconverter the youtube videos usually have a link to where you can download it.

Edited by Martyn

Amazed the game cant seem to post an easier way for folks to color their flags or masts.