Shepard_Fury

Offline raid solutions needed!

6 minutes ago, labatts said:

there will always be enemies. Look at arks official servers there are still people playing in those and they have no ORP. 

Jesus, I give up. I do care about population in this game while you don't, i get that.

I want proper PvP where you can actually defend yourself against raids, u want to grief and offline raid someone because you play 24/7 and you can do it with zero difficulty. 

Fine, end of discussion. Just listen to me when Im saying you will get bored in a month because u won't have anyone to raid.

Edit: ARK servers has 70 pop. Only people who can play 24/7 play on those servers without ORP and they fight each other. Atlas has a capacity of 33k people ... If only people who play 24/7 stay, servers will be dead.

Edited by Willard

1 minute ago, Willard said:

Jesus, I give up. I do care about population in this game while you don't, i get that.

I want proper PvP where you can actually defend yourself against raids, u want to grief and offline raid someone because you play 24/7 and you can do it with zero difficulty. 

Fine, end of discussion. Just listen to me when Im saying you will get bored in a month because u won't have anyone to raid.

I do not play 24/7 idk why you think that everyone that doesnt want ORP plays 24/7. I actually only play about 2-4 hrs a day if that. If you do not want to be raided while offline go play unofficial or PVE. I have been playing over a month and still have not gotten bored and still lots of ppl playing to be raided. Your point of view of a dead game due to not having ORP is flawed so please just stop. 

5 minutes ago, labatts said:

I do not play 24/7 idk why you think that everyone that doesnt want ORP plays 24/7. I actually only play about 2-4 hrs a day if that. If you do not want to be raided while offline go play unofficial or PVE. I have been playing over a month and still have not gotten bored and still lots of ppl playing to be raided. Your point of view of a dead game due to not having ORP is flawed so please just stop. 

You dont want some kind of offline protection simply because you want easy raiding, just admit that 😉 you don't want proper PvP. 

We both probably have different explanation of what "Player vs Player" means.

Edited by Willard

5 minutes ago, Willard said:

You dont want some kind of offline protection simply because you want easy raiding, just admit that 😉

.ORP can be abused so many ways by just having a 2nd account where you can store things and never have to worry about it being looted and that's just 1 example there are plenty more. Now the one thing if they add where  a company is offline it took more explosive barrels or cannon balls to raid someone i wouldnt be against that idea to make it cost more to raid an offline base or ship. But to simply add a mechanic into the game that allows you to not raid someone is flawed.

Edited by labatts

game doesn't need offline raid protection, there are other ways to incentivise players to take the fight when people are online. No one wants to sail across the map to find that the enemy are asleep. 

If company manage to keep some progression and not get completely wiped then we wouldn't even have this conversation 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, labatts said:

I don't want any kind of watered down mechanic. ORP can be abused so many ways by just having a 2nd account where you can store things and never have to worry about it being looted and that's just 1 example there are plenty more. 

I never said anything about ORP. I said game needs some kind offline raid protection. Never said anything about form. I dunno, add some resistance to structures, ships while offline, add some turrets, better NPCs which can shoot from carbines, anything. But just add smt so people don't get raided their Island in 2 hours while offline.

Just make it harder to raid while offline, not completely impossible.

Ofc in ARK you can offline raid too, but there are still shitloads of turrets you have to soak and durable (tek) structures to destroy. It takes much more time to raid well defended base while defenders are offline.

Atlas? Well, take your 3 cannon bears and shoot throught 5 honeycombed stone walls in 15 minutes.

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

I never said anything about ORP. I said game needs some kind offline raid protection. Never said anything about form. I dunno, add some resistance to structures, ships while offline, add some turrets, better NPCs which can shoot from carbines, anything. But just add smt so people don't get raided their Island in 2 hours while offline.

Just make it harder to raid while offline, not completely impossible.

I  edited my post before your reply. But that is what i mentioned at the end. You can add a structure resistance so it takes more resources to raid and I would be ok with that. But to make it so you can not be raided at all should not be implemented in the PVP server. 

Edited by labatts

27 minutes ago, labatts said:

I  edited my post before your reply. But that is what i mentioned at the end. You can add a structure resistance so it takes more resources to raid and I would be ok with that. But to make it so you can not be raided at all should not be implemented in the PVP server. 

I agree with it. Make it possible but much harder.

Another solution.

A mechanic that allows a base to be taken over for the period of time that the raiders remain. They can then use the facilities and empty the place if they are not apprehended but they can't destroy the base. If the owners log in while the raid is happening they can fight to apprehend the pirates. Once they all dead or outside the circle the base reverts ownership and the mechanic resets.

You could make the mechanic a resource sink. Say it's the door. You have to defeat the door to gain entrance. Then you have in-game items different types of locks etc that people can use in combination to try and keep the pirates out. the pirates can pick locks or try to melt the door. Upgraded doors self heal.

7 hours ago, StewPot said:

Another solution.

A mechanic that allows a base to be taken over for the period of time that the raiders remain. They can then use the facilities and empty the place if they are not apprehended but they can't destroy the base. If the owners log in while the raid is happening they can fight to apprehend the pirates. Once they all dead or outside the circle the base reverts ownership and the mechanic resets.

You could make the mechanic a resource sink. Say it's the door. You have to defeat the door to gain entrance. Then you have in-game items different types of locks etc that people can use in combination to try and keep the pirates out. the pirates can pick locks or try to melt the door. Upgraded doors self heal.

That suggestion doesn't achieve anything. No one completely destroys a base in this game and certainly not a stone one because its not worth the effort or cost given how cheap stone is.

This game is already 10x more defensive and passive orientated then ARK was, it doesn't need even more reasons to dissuade people from engaging in PVP.

Edited by Bullet Force

4 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

That suggestion doesn't achieve anything. No one completely destroys a base in this game and certainly not a stone one because its not worth the effort or cost given how cheap stone is.

This game is already 10x more defensive and passive orientated then ARK was, it doesn't need even more reasons to dissuade people from engaging in PVP.

Hmm, wonder what game I have been playing. I like how you ignored 40% of the suggestion and focused on the part you would hate to see implemented.

You could do some complicated war system that will probably have declaration exploits, to where your stuff cant be declared on, but I think the easiest thing here would be to implement orp and fix the exploits that occur with a few patches. 

Shell exploits can be fixed by simply not allowing pin code usage on anything that is "offline"

This game would benefit greatly from orp. 

The last update that added a 300% damage reduction to anchored ships helped a lot. I think this was a step in the right direction.
If that is the way to go, then building defense is only hampered by upkeep and activity.

What i'm trying to say is that if the right balance is found, this might actually work 🙂 I do believe that trying to balance the damage reduction of anchored ships to 400% and reducing the npc upkeep in gold cost would help a lot (Food is ok right now, npc loves potatoes and rice!).

This would not make offline raids completely impossible but would make it harder to do. If you make offline raiding completely impossible then you will make the world to locked down (Stail) and you would lose a part of the game play. Even tho, i will say i hate that offline raiding is a part of the game. I do understand that the player base would die completely if offline raiding is completely removed or locked down.

Like the Offline Raiding Prevention that Ark had, that completely "prevented" offline raiding when the tribe was offline. You just end up with a lot of ruins that block territory and can not be touched by players for long time.

You have to find a balance for this to work, in my opinion 🙂

Best Reguards
John Shepard
GoA - EU

Edited by Shepard_Fury

Offline raiding needs to be addressed ASAP. Either give the Chinese their own server or give us Protection. All of our defences were no match to single bear cart and its cannon.