Shepard_Fury

Offline raid solutions needed!

Hello everyone,

People are leaving this game in huge amounts because of getting offline raided ever night.
The current defenses are to weak against one dude with fire arrows, oil jars or explosive barrels.

I would like to suggest that you should make building and ships that are anchored take less damage in certain hours of the day.
People have work, family and real life issues that make it hard to be on 24 as some out of work griefers do and few people are lucky enough to be pro streamers.

I did test this in Ark and it worked really well for two years(We did tinker with the settings a lot, before we found the right one). From 22:00 to 16:00 on week days you had a damage reduction 0f 5x on buildings and in the weekend you had from 00:00 to 10:00 where damage was also reduced. The reason for not preventing damage completely is that that kills the map completely and the sens of danger goes down to much when playing.

I do believe that a system like this would make it a lot better for people that have jobs and that has the money to buy expansions for the game in the future when they do get added. The future might not be expansions like we know them but it might be in the form of visual equipment of other stuff. If you keep catering to the no life/no money grievers then your gaming business will go down in flames with them or so i believe.

I would like to hear form people on the forum, are you guys as tired of the offline raiding that happens every time we go to work or to school? and would you keep using your money on it if it keeps happening?

Best Regards
Shepard
FuryOfArk - Servers have been closed since this month, most have moved to Atlas.

• Like 4

Too much emphasis on the land game for one.  Pirates were not into real estate aside from a few towns  A stone building should not be worth the effort to destroy. That's what doors are for. Without automated defenses, structures should simply be invulnerable while the owners are offline.  Raiding empty bases are not PvP

• Like 2

your idea worked because you were a true North American server. My company has been dry wiped by cstg and friends 5 times now since this game started. Its becoming a rinse and repeat senerio now with them hitting us when we are offline and we retaliate by sending seal teams into their bases and sinking their ships when they are offline. Even though we sink their ships at a 10 to 1 ratio, it barely puts a dent in their war machine. We will keep fighting for now but I truly believe that Atlas will go the way Lif is Feudal MMO went, where by the time the devs decided to quit counting their money, and do something about it, it was too late and now its a ghost town.

• Like 1

You need to address this as it is not logical and your player base will shrink quickly if a ship/base can be taken in 60 minutes, use commonsense, people do not play 24/7. You are disabling your own game, no one says don’t attack offline players, just make it harder and more time required to do so, otherwise people will move on to other games very very quickly, or make it real cheap to build ships/ bases or difficult defences, at present it is all one sided.

Edited by Dosomething
  • Like 1

The solution -

open seas is of course shoot on sight. War decs only for bases and base raids. This is far more realistic to how pirating worked in the day. Nations warred within the parameters of war decs and pirates raided the seas. No war dec you cant enter their zones simple (unless you are on their permission list (traders or alliance members) - like a starbase in eve you need permission to enter. This way you can GET somewhere in owning property IE they cant take your property FROM you once you have won it, other than by war dec.  ALL bases and land owned either by companies or alliances are within the parameters of raidable upon acceptance or auto trigger(see below) wars. Basically bases and ships are indestructible from sea - and within the inaccessible zones - without being in a state of war. This makes the game far more tactical. No war dec can be made if there is already a war dec issued or they are in a war (perhaps). The state of the company's position in regards to being in a state of war or having a war declaration against them could be in some way visible in the UI under the company name. Search or click the company name to make the war dec - the company name appears in red they are at war - yellow there already a war dec against them - green is good to go.

1 - Wars are for a 12 hr period only (they offline when you online BUT you might accept a war dec when they are offline which allows you to kill them without them being online).  Any declaration 'request' will last for no longer than 48 hours - no reply is a refusal (see below).

2 - War decs can be denied by the person being deccd against. 

3 - War decs can be denied only 3 times and upon any deny/refusal/no reply to war dec. there must be a 48 hour period before any further war dec can be made. After the third refusal or denial the war declarer can attack the refusing opponents bases for and within a 12 hour period.

4 - If and upon acceptance of war dec the war will last for 12 hours from the MOMENT of acceptance or auto trigger by refusal. If and after this period no further war dec can be made against the same foe for a 7 day period. 

Something like this ^^

J

12 hours ago, StewPot said:

Too much emphasis on the land game for one.  Pirates were not into real estate aside from a few towns  A stone building should not be worth the effort to destroy. That's what doors are for. Without automated defenses, structures should simply be invulnerable while the owners are offline.  Raiding empty bases are not PvP

Correct but the nations were and this usually occurred by war dec (see my post).

Edited by hands solo
  • Like 2

ankerd ships cant be damaged after 5 to 10minutes so they dont be sinked when you are not online this will make more sea battles

be cause people can have ships.

• Like 1

They just need to make it so when you are offline the base structures have tripple the health. So instead of taking 4 explosive barrels for a wall it now takes 12. Make it very cost effective to raid when ppl are not online. 

• Like 2

I would suggest having a prefabricated main base that is indestructible that you store all your important stuff in. Ports and other buildings should be destroyable. Also increase loot from sinking unanchored ships (similar to how everyone gets a slice of treasure maps} and increase damage resistance for anchored ones. 

Its a loose idea but would stop people losing everything and increase fighting on the seas rather than offline land raids

Or just make the bank indestructable

• Like 1

summarizing is an online survival game (you know what is survival?) instead of playing alone or groups of 10 playing with people who cover schedules of the 24 hours that the day has to simple, do not cry as you do in all games asking for protections if you do not have people or time to play not play survival games, the only thing you do well is cry, cry and cry

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, sand man said:

Devs seem not to respond to anything or anyone,,no roadmap or feedback, its not good enough.

Well I heard some of the devs came from Snail games USA - makers of Dark and Light. Where ignoring feedback and ploughing ahead with ill advised changes is par for the course. Also ignoring players and burying heads in the sand seems to be their signature policy in developing these games.

17 minutes ago, duque said:

summarizing is an online survival game (you know what is survival?) instead of playing alone or groups of 10 playing with people who cover schedules of the 24 hours that the day has to simple, do not cry as you do in all games asking for protections if you do not have people or time to play not play survival games, the only thing you do well is cry, cry and cry

Truth is that majority of players don't play 24/7 and cant defend against offline raids. And it will be problem even for those who do because in like a month they wont have any enemies to fight against. And what are you going to do in a game like this without enemies? How many tribes are able to cover 24 hours each day? 10 top companies? Fine, soon there will be like 1000 people online from 1p companies fighting each other on a 225 server cluster. 

Do you really want dead servers with no enemies or some proper pvp? 

I truly think people who get offline raided rn are leaving this game. Most people want pvp while they are online, not offline. And some raid windows would really help because you could actually do smt against raid. People would not have the feeling of total helpnessness.

Edited by Willard
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Willard said:

Truth is that majority of players don't play 24/7 and cant defend against offline raids. And it will be problem even for those who do because in like a month they wont have any enemies to fight against. And what are you going to do in a game like this without enemies? How many tribes are able to cover 24 hours each day? 10 top companies? Fine, soon there will be like 1000 people online from 1p companies fighting each other on a 225 server cluster. 

Do you really want dead servers with no enemies or some proper pvp? 

I truly think people who get offline raided rn are leaving this game. Most people want pvp while they are online, not offline. And some raid windows would really help because you could actually do smt against raid. People would not have the feeling of total helpnessness.

if you want PvP when you are online it is simple change to pve and declare war agreed by schedules or days, the pvp does not have any protections of any kind except for the character level at the beginning, play pvp only when one is convenient for then disconnect days and forget about not playing pvp

If the problem is the big clans, it is simple to create another big clan and not go pvp alone or with two friends

1 hour ago, duque said:

if you want PvP when you are online it is simple change to pve and declare war agreed by schedules or days, the pvp does not have any protections of any kind except for the character level at the beginning, play pvp only when one is convenient for then disconnect days and forget about not playing pvp

If the problem is the big clans, it is simple to create another big clan and not go pvp alone or with two friends

Lets be honest with youself m8, offline raiding isn't pvp 😉

You are playing on a open world PVP server. Stop demanding that there be some sort of ORP. If that is what you want go find it on a unofficial server. Alot of us play PVP for the full experience we do not want it watered down by having things being in a safe zone or time frame. 

29 minutes ago, labatts said:

You are playing on a open world PVP server. Stop demanding that there be some sort of ORP. If that is what you want go find it on a unofficial server. Alot of us play PVP for the full experience we do not want it watered down by having things being in a safe zone or time frame. 

Full experience means offline raiding, ok 😄 lol, these "PvP" players which are unable to raid someone online...

I don't want to play at dead servers. That's it. Offline raiding is a problem because of which people leave this game. They get offline wiped without the ability to defend themselves and then they just leave because why to rebuild if u get offline wiped again? If devs want more players to play this game they simply need to do smt about offline raids because otherwise they will have like 2000 players on a server which will be bored (no enemies) and leave the game too.

PvP is when there are attackers and defenders, not attackers vs NPCs.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willard said:

Full experience means offline raiding, ok 😄 lol, these "PvP" players.

I don't want to play at dead servers. That's it. Offline raiding is a problem because of which people leave this game. They get offline wiped without the ability to defend themselves and then they just leave because why to rebuild if u get offline wiped again?

PvP is when there are attackers and defenders, not attackers vs NPCs.

The same goes for if they get wiped while playing the people will leave either way. I have played enough ark with ORP servers the ones that want it and get wiped leave no matter what. All of you that demand ORP there are servers populated with that feature already, go look for unofficial server. 

5 minutes ago, labatts said:

The same goes for if they get wiped while playing the people will leave either way. I have played enough ark with ORP servers the ones that want it and get wiped leave no matter what. All of you that demand ORP there are servers populated with that feature already, go look for unofficial server. 

No, if they are wiped during normal day they have at least a possibility to defend themselves. Atlas isnt ARK, u can move all across the map to different region and start again. U could not do it in ARK, map was simply too small to move somewhere else. 

If they get wiped offline they certainly wont move anywhere. They simply stop playing because why bother playing game where you have to chance to stop offline raid.

And because they leave, big tribes wont have any enemies and they stop playing too. Thats how it works.

I like Atlas and I want people stay in game. Thats all. 

Edited by Willard

1 minute ago, Willard said:

No, if they are wiped during normal day they have at least a possibility to defend themselves. Atlas isnt ARK, u can move all across the map to different region and start again. U could not do it in ARK, map was simply too small to move somewhere else. 

If they get wiped offline they certainly wont move anywhere. They simply stop playing because why bother playing game where you have to chance to stop offline raid.

And because they leave, big tribes wont have any enemies and they stop playing too. Thats how it works.

Ok fine like i previously said unofficial servers have that option already quite a few of them are populated and well run by good admins go try that. Stop trying to demand official server needs ORP. 

5 minutes ago, labatts said:

Ok fine like i previously said unofficial servers have that option already quite a few of them are populated and well run by good admins go try that. Stop trying to demand official server needs ORP. 

So u want empty official servers do I get that right? You don't care about population of officials?

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

So u want empty official servers do I get that right?

No because not everyone wants ORP. 

2 minutes ago, labatts said:

No because not everyone wants ORP. 

What will you do when there are no enemies left? Oh, wait, you leave the game because u wont have anything to do.

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

What will you do when there are no enemies left?

there will always be enemies. Look at arks official servers there are still people playing in those and they have no ORP.