Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Is it just me or are we back to x1

something is wrong between 30 and 59 per tree , 16-18 jute(fibre) per bush 😕 thought it was odd earlier but just put it down to having the 2x weekend , but yes def a lot lot slower again

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, Warspectre said:

Well, I know for a fact we were getting around 70 to 90 wood per aged wood tree before this weekend with a metal ax. I won't know until later what it's giving now. 

Report back, please. will be interesting to see what you get.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy

18 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Report back, please. will be interesting to see what you get.

I was getting between 54 and 90ish last night when I tried, so it seems to be OK. Of course, when the amounts we're needing are in the 200k range, those numbers are a bit piddly, but oh well. 

The best way to tell is to pick up a rock off the ground.. other resource nodes can be random.. the rocks on the ground are fixed I believe. 

9 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

The best way to tell is to pick up a rock off the ground.. other resource nodes can be random.. the rocks on the ground are fixed I believe. 

Yep, this will pretty much tell you. 4 rocks on the 2x weekend with the 2x base so 4. If you are getting 2 rocks you are just too used to the 2x weekend. Mind you we had 2 weekends in a row of it and it was extended into wednesday of last week so it was honestly more like a week and a half total.

Edit: Why are you hand gathering.. get a bear, still like 300+ fiber a swipe. Elephant is 50-60 wood per hit. I still hand gather thatch. Rhino charge into stone 1 hits the stone for a few hundred easy. I would recommend doing tames as soon as feasible.. it's a huge time saver and food too.

Edited by Thor Ragnarock
Tames

33 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

Yep, this will pretty much tell you. 4 rocks on the 2x weekend with the 2x base so 4. If you are getting 2 rocks you are just too used to the 2x weekend. Mind you we had 2 weekends in a row of it and it was extended into wednesday of last week so it was honestly more like a week and a half total.

Edit: Why are you hand gathering.. get a bear, still like 300+ fiber a swipe. Elephant is 50-60 wood per hit. I still hand gather thatch. Rhino charge into stone 1 hits the stone for a few hundred easy. I would recommend doing tames as soon as feasible.. it's a huge time saver and food too.

The thing is that is not entirely accurate. Individual resources gather rates can be adjusted. 

All i know as of right now is prior to the 2x weekend i was getting 100 wood from the trees right outside my home base walls, during the 2x around 200 and now 50. So something is not adding up here. I also use an elephant to gather wood and these numbers come from using a metal pick. But the point is farming wood one way or another was nerfed.

My only comment on this is its supposed to be a pirate game, with exploration, instead its a refugee lumberjack simulator.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Soda Pop said:

Мой единственный комментарий по этому поводу - это пиратская игра с разведкой, а не симулятор беженца-лесоруба.

No...

It's Funny Farmers Online +Ship DLC. 80% tree felling and collection of materials and 20% of marine content. It's sad...

You can always go down to the beach and pick up a stone from the ground to check the gather rate.

1 stone gathered = 1x

2 stones gathered = 2x

4 stones gathered = 4x

Edited by GoxZ

5 hours ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

Yep I pick up 2 stones off the ground.

300+ per swipe with a bear? When I swipe with a bear I get only 22 straw per bush, although of course you get more if there are bushes together, but never 300+ fiber per swipe.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:41 AM, Warspectre said:

My company just started a galleon a few days ago, if this is true it'll go from a week-long project to months. Not to mention everything else becomes more grindy. Welcome to AtGrind Online, your other full-time job that cost you money. So much fun. 

lol even on 1x, it wouldnt take a month.... it shouldnt even take a week

I actually noticed the decrease today..  That or i'm just fooling myself and got spoiled by the 2x but it does seem like i'm getting less out of resources now?

12 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

The thing is that is not entirely accurate. Individual resources gather rates can be adjusted. 

All i know as of right now is prior to the 2x weekend i was getting 100 wood from the trees right outside my home base walls, during the 2x around 200 and now 50. So something is not adding up here. I also use an elephant to gather wood and these numbers come from using a metal pick. But the point is farming wood one way or another was nerfed.

I got on my elephant tonight and gathered 20k wood from all the trees around my base in about 30 minutes, doesn't feel that nerfed to me