Sign in to follow this  
Case of the Scurvy

Is it just me or are we back to x1

My company just started a galleon a few days ago, if this is true it'll go from a week-long project to months. Not to mention everything else becomes more grindy. Welcome to AtGrind Online, your other full-time job that cost you money. So much fun. 

I will say this Jat is very wrong. After the patch my guild heard me say the rates did not feel like they should without the 2x weekend. If more than one person feels that way, then once again wildcard/grapeshot you have failed again. As a rule of thumb with this company I honestly expect every patch to mess something up and with that mentality I am never disappointed. I dream of a game that players don't fear the patch because wildcard/grapeshot is bound to ruin something and make life more difficult for the people that want to have fun. 

Edited by kaed
  • Like 2

Could it be that you were used to 4x rates? ATLAS launched at 1x, shortly therefater we hardcoded to 2x (which is currently live and working as far as we can tell -- picking up stones on your grid is a good indicator), and the last 2 weekends we've been at 4x (though it's advertised at 2x.. cause the base was increased). 4x is now disabled tho

From Jat on reddit

It feels to me like it's properly at 2x.  With 4x, I can't pick up an entire iron node, and now, I can't pick up TWO iron nodes (I can get maybe a node and a half).  

I think people have just really forgotten how Terribly bad 1x really was

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

It feels to me like it's properly at 2x.  With 4x, I can't pick up an entire iron node, and now, I can't pick up TWO iron nodes (I can get maybe a node and a half).  

I think people have just really forgotten how Terribly bad 1x really was

Were you getting 100 wood per tree during the x2 event this weekend?

Because right now its 50 wood per tree, which puts launch at 25 per tree and x2 200 wood per tree and now we are getting 50... this doesnt seem right. I was getting 200+ so i expected to get 100+ after the event ended.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy

2 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Were you getting 100 wood per tree during the x2 event this weekend?

I honestly wasn't paying attention to gathering wood, I just know from gathering metal rocks since I do that to get cannonballs and know how much I can carry based on my weight

No I was getting 200, I've chopped thousands of trees and almost 500 hours in game. I'm 100 percent normal should be 100 wood a tree or 95

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Notorious said:

No I was getting 200, I've chopped thousands of trees and almost 500 hours in game. I'm 100 percent normal should be 100 wood a tree or 95

Well thats what i thought, according to Jat 50 is correct... i think they nerfed gathering and they are trying to keep it under wraps honestly....

Gathering wood would have to be compared to same trees. Each tree type has different variations of resources given, but even the large ones feel a little weaker than normal. TBH 4x should be the default or maybe 3x to remove some of the grind especially with the addition of metal and organic paste to some recipes. This company loves to ninja patch certain things that have no reason to be patched. "If it aint broke don't fix it" is not the motto here. "If it aint broke lets find a way to royally break it" feels more like their attitude. 

1 minute ago, kaed said:

Gathering wood would have to be compared to same trees. Each tree type has different variations of resources given, but even the large ones feel a little weaker than normal. TBH 4x should be the default or maybe 3x to remove some of the grind especially with the addition of metal and organic paste to some recipes. This company loves to ninja patch certain things that have no reason to be patched. "If it aint broke don't fix it" is not the motto here. "If it aint broke lets find a way to royally break it" feels more like their attitude. 

Wetwood and soft wood giving 50 with metal axe

3 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Well, I know for a fact we were getting around 70 to 90 wood per aged wood tree before this weekend with a metal ax. I won't know until later what it's giving now. 

2 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

A single tree at that point could only make a single wood piece (wall, foundation). That is stupid low to say that we can build guns, we can build boats, we can tame Dragons...However, we are so horrible at gathering we cannot figure out how to make one tree make multiple walls? I don't think anyone would complain about 4x being the default it feels more in line of what I would think a good balance time spent harvesting and the mats received. That is my opinion and I cannot or will not speak for everyone in that regards though.