Sign in to follow this  
darcek

Fish farm

With the various tames,is there any you use to collect fish meat,prime and oil efficiently?

I'm not against some new system where you can farm that stuff, however....

This stuff not exactly hard to get as it is.  The rays that just die on their own and wash up on shore are enough to feed my vitamin D and oil needs by themselves.  I drop 80% of the meat I harvest, just too much.  One croc or elephant is enough to feed you for a week if cured.  I can see needing a better method for getting Prime meat, but how often do you actually need it?

For game play or immersion sake im not against some sort of farming mechanic for this stuff, but we don't exactly require it.

Prime fish meat is kid of a pain to get but even then not really just sail out to sea, sit there, wait for sharks to appear, shoot them and jump in to harvest. Oil i get plenty of from rays I also go out and hunt for the sea bass with spears and my bear. A decent level one with a big X number always seems to yield a few hundred of both. The fish are huge when you get them out of the water, just make sure to place it behind something because they non stop slide back into the water.

F@&king tames for for getting fish, who wants that? 

Just add fishing nets for boats....or actual fishing boats for that matter. This is supposed to be a pirate game all about sailing, god dammit

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PixelJunkie said:

F@&king tames for for getting fish, who wants that? 

Just add fishing nets for boats....or actual fishing boats for that matter. This is supposed to be a pirate game all about sailing, god dammit

Yep, already way too many tames. ARK with a few extra boats...

• Like 1

I like the fishing boats and nets idea.  It sounds fun.  I never bother fishing now because I tamed a cow and get as much vitamin D as I need with the milk, but fishing with boats and nets would be great.  Maybe even a small chance to drag some loot up!

• Like 2

Some of the higher tier cooking foods give decent vitamin D.  And I often go shark hunting for prime fish meat.  

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

You can always fish with a fishing pole...if you got saps 😉

It's a sheer waste of time, which is probably why I have never seen anyone bother getting fish with a fishing pole in over 200 hours of gameplay.  Swimming with a spear is FAR more efficient.

2 minutes ago, Coggage said:

It's a sheer waste of time, which is probably why I have never seen anyone bother getting fish with a fishing pole in over 200 hours of gameplay.  Swimming with a spear is FAR more efficient.

Spear is nice but I prefer the bow, lets you take on sharks as well and as long as you serpentine they can barely hit you.  

4 hours ago, darcek said:

With the various tames,is there any you use to collect fish meat,prime and oil efficiently?

Doubt there is a tame that does this for you but I've yet to test the tiger/lion.  If you want just leave one on neutral around where you plan on diving and drag fish back to it, it should auto harvest the animal.(Helps if you have multiple people to keep an eye on the tiger in case wild animals visit).

On 1/29/2019 at 2:35 PM, Olthoi said:

I'm not against some new system where you can farm that stuff, however....

I can see needing a better method for getting Prime meat, but how often do you actually need it?

Who asked for a new system? I asked from the exisiting tames which one is viable...so much for been helpfull..

If I dub in cooking I need prime fish meat.there might be viable way to get it so why not share with community?

I found the answer on my own..farming with my bear wasnt perfect butr he could get tens of fish meat and prime without spears breaking or any hassle,just need to be in warm area when you dive in..

• Thanks 1