Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Just had a Galleon get teleported out of our harbor

Question

We had it in our harbor, anchored, I hopped off to restock the wood with an elephant, I go get the the wood, come back, and the ship is gone, it says it is in the same spot on the map, i teleported to it on a bed, and it was not actually on a server, just in the water,  anchored in the middle of the ocean, then a few more people spawned on it curious as to what happened, then the ship does some odd stuff, then appears on the server next to us right on the server boarder. This is not only inconvenient, but also very dangerous, I have no idea if it was a bug, a hack or anything else, but having anchored ships teleport off the server, with no one on it, when there is a low server population, to spawn in the middle of the ocean on another server, is unacceptable. We have to deal with enough BS, this on top is absurd.

Edited by Evir

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Maybe an admin teleporting the wrong ship from a  blocked ticket.

If so, that is a pretty serious error, and if someone put that ticket in and the admin went through with it, that is pretty serious admin abuse.

I was running a private server and something similar happened with a player getting spontaneously teleported off the side of the server grid. I figured it must have been a glitch in the dedicated server, but that sounds similar in the server failed to properly track coordinates

Edited by RyuujinZERO

56 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

It's prob just a bug.. 

A bug that could potentially flush dozens of hours to the toilet and for some people even more. Serious matter @Dollieneeds to check. 

Ships can't be teleported via Admin commands. It sounds like something we're currently looking into to be honest. DM me with your network and server anyway as it may help with gathering data. 

4 hours ago, Dollie said:

Ships can't be teleported via Admin commands. It sounds like something we're currently looking into to be honest. DM me with your network and server anyway as it may help with gathering data. 

Need help with the dough?

This happened again, it teleported to the same position.