Nemesismajor

Remove beds on lawless islands

Now it gives solo / small tribes a chance.  your ship was constantly sunk on lawless area along with ur bed. Now you dont have to spawn in freeport to make a sloop / raft just to get back to your base if you live in lawless area.

Edited by labatts
  • Like 3

The majority of people live and exist on lawless, claimable islands are ghost towns.

And you want to punish 70% of the player base?

Stop trying to make people quit, enough have quit already.

• Like 5

The problem with lawless is that it is supposed to be new players starting area. Where you build and move out from. Lawless today is permanent homes that has way overbuild on the islands.

Then we can always argue is lawless is what claimed area should be or if beds should be removed. But one thing is certain, the concept isn´t working and it's conflicting.

Edited by Shintai

3 minutes ago, Shintai said:

The problem with lawless is that it is supposed to be new players starting area. Where you build and move out from. Lawless today is permanent homes that has way overbuild on the islands.

Then we can always argue is lawless is what claimed area should be or if beds should be removed. But one thing is certain, the concept isn´t working and it's conflicting.

Probably one reason lawless is so popular is there's no incentive to live on some company's claimed land and pay taxes when you can get the same resources on a lawless island without the 30% penalty. (If companies would let people live on their land in the first place... on PvP they're all really hostile)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, strawman said:

Probably one reason lawless is so popular is there's no incentive to live on some company's claimed land and pay taxes when you can get the same resources on a lawless island without the 30% penalty. (If companies would let people live on their land in the first place... on PvP they're all really hostile)

Our tenants are happy and we get recommendations for only taking 10%. We actually consider 5% due to more res than we know what to do with.

But I agree, 30% tax is extreme in a game where there is no return value. Maybe 30% could work on PvP due to protection if such thing exist? But on PvE it´s just a feudal system of the most ugly kind. IF we didn´t own land as we do I would live on lawless too.

And as you say, most flags are non build. And if they allow build you often end up with an eco disaster since respawn doesn´t work as on lawless.

Edited by Shintai

Lawless islands right now are not what they were supposed to be, so I’ll not be surprised when they do something that stops everyone from building on lawless islands. Hopefully they have a good claiming system by then. 

The main reason to live in lawless has nothing to do with tax rates and everything to do with the abundance of resources thats scarse or non-existant on other islands.

2 hours ago, Shintai said:

Well when established tribes will become so kind as to allow people to build on their neutral claims and 95% of claimed land stops being a pirate territory the devs can start thinking of doing something about lawless.

Right now the only right thing to do is to add more of them.

9 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Well when established tribes will become so kind as to allow people to build on their neutral claims and 95% of claimed land stops being a pirate territory the devs can start thinking of doing something about lawless.

Right now the only right thing to do is to add more of them.

The problem goes both ways. Taxes and neutral claims are both a problem. Neutral claims doesn´t work when the respawn is different from lawless. I have seen multiple islands that is effectively dead eco wise due to a left company that hold it all with neutral flags. Then people come in and build, some just spam foundations and everything is gone.

Lawless is no solution either due to the build grief mechanics there as well. But that´s a range setting that could be worked with.

Currently none of the 2 systems work, both claimed and lawless areas are broken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Neutral claims doesn´t work when the respawn is different from lawless

The problem isn't respawn (it's just a small part of the problem). The problem is:

1) People in these games tend to be assholes. Both people in mega tribes and solo players.

2) The whole neutral flags idea goes against survival games player mentality. You are supposed to compete for resources (even if there's no real shortage) and drive people away, not invite them to be your neighbors.

3) It's just too much trouble to organize

4) It's too much of a risk

5) While megas have a lot of land, it's still not enough for them because too many players

I know people who tried allowing random solo players to build on their claims in life is feudal. It never worked even on official RP/PvPvE server, for the reasons above. I don't think it will ever work in Atlas, unless the devs will put all their resources into eliminating all these points. Except #1, can't eliminate this one (seriously just look at how far people go to grief others on a PvE server even). #2 can be probably partially done with if they rebrand Atlas from survival game to civilisation-building game.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zlax said:

The main reason to live in lawless has nothing to do with tax rates and everything to do with the abundance of resources thats scarse or non-existant on other islands.

No. The main reason some of us live on lawless is due to not being able to find claimable land.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

No. The main reason some of us live on lawless is due to not being able to find claimable land.

The real main reason is that you'd have to be a fool to dedicate hours and hours of gameplay setting up a nice base,  and paying some other player to do that when they can just flip a switch and take all your stuff.

45 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

PvE or PvP ? We have relocated several times and its not hard to find places to live (PvP)

It's funny because I sailed my raft with my bed on it right up against the shore and then built a house around it, no sooner had I don't that then the devs announced you could use beds on lawless now, so you're all welcome. 😄

• Haha 1

PVP thinks it is natural for people to fight.
However, I think that it is strange for people to compete with PVE.
In PVE, is not the purpose that people collaborate to defeat the enemy?

10 hours ago, Zlax said:

PvE or PvP ? We have relocated several times and its not hard to find places to live (PvP)

Sorry should have said PVE