does anyone know how the skills work for a company?

i was on a bear the other day and i have knowledge of the old ones and i did not see any difference in the bear attack

Probably the damage increase is not given to the bear or other tames, just to your character.

1 minute ago, Fefu said:

Probably the damage increase is not given to the bear or other tames, just to your character.

thank you and then no point in have it lol 

I have already noticed that. I need a detailed description of the skills, where and how they work. Does that at least count on the ship for the NPC crew? Otherwise, the skill is pretty much worthless, because I'm certainly not in the front row!

Just get the Natures Cry buff, doubles damage of the tame you are riding for a short duration.  Helps with harvesting and deleting the army of the damned when they spawn in.

Did I already ... My question results more from the desire to distribute the skill points usefully. Some unlocks are expensive and it does not help much with ammunition, for example when someone builds a large cannon for me.

I would like to know how, for example the cheaper crew / crew food skills work. 

My clan mate built a ship but I have the skills in captaining. Do my skills effect the crew or only his as the ship builder? 

3 minutes ago, Strategos said:

I would like to know how, for example the cheaper crew / crew food skills work. 

My clan mate built a ship but I have the skills in captaining. Do my skills effect the crew or only his as the ship builder? 

From what I can tell this only matters to the person doing the hiring/captaining of the ship. If you hire them they will be cheaper per hour, if you captian the ship they will be cheaper to feed.  Doesn't matter who built the ship.

Edit:

Natures Cry - Doubles damage works on only the mount you are on for a short duration of time(duration increases with each skill you take down to advanced)

Natures Touch - Heals creature for a percentage of health over time, duration increases for each skill you take down to advanced

Artillery reload/aiming skills do seem to work for any NPC on the cannons but I have not personally fully explored this.

Firearm reloading skills grant about 3 seconds faster reloading time.

Archery damage skills do not seem to be worth it(30% additional damage max and the feat greatly damages your bow and the aim portion doesn't seem to do anything)  Throwing Knives and oil jars are super effective(knives are basically like firing a pistol only faster and no reload)

Melee skills,

1h haven't played with but with dodge it's not really necessary(double tap directional key to dodge)

2h crush feat is nice does a lot of damage and stuns, useful for the army of the damned tank

Captaineering as mentioned only seems to matter to the guy at the helm but the reload overdrive feat that is really nice, affects npcs and players alike so the cannons all reload much quicker.

Medicine - Savior feat affects about 2-3 foundations away radius but consumes a full kit, using just the kit on one person heals percentage wise and only uses about a quarter of a kit per use.

Armorer - Ignore the shield tree, just dodge much more efficient and you don't carry a 45kg weight around.  The bonuses are nice to have but not necessary

Hand to Hand - just get the torpor buff, haven't played with more than this as if I'm doing melee it's with a sword.  

Farming - buffs are nice from foods but the skill points for soil growth bonus / large crop plots are a complete waste.

Piracy - Knowledge of the old ones only affects the player so this is a nice to have early on to make treasure hunting easier before you use tames/fire arrows and oil jars.  The plunder only affects digging in the dirt, not treasure hunting and diving bonuses are not worth it yet as the improved oxygen bonus in the survival tree beats using the diving suit altogether(outside of the fortitude buff it gives).

Navigation Tools - Literally everything here seems to be a waste, you have a map and a compass with a general direction you need to go in.  There is very little reason to even bother with this.

This is an all over build and requires being level 50 to get it but if you invest in ship building to get a speed sloop(medium speed sail on a sloop) and then get a bear going you should be able to do fine.  Obviously better in a large group but this is a "soloish" buildout.

https://atlascalculator.com/?ac_a6k2XA

Edited by Vaenix
Additional Info because why not.
  • Like 4