R4GN4R

Where the hell did the marketing for an EvE Competitor come from?

15 hours ago, R4GN4R said:

Firstly, to the devs - you have made a good(ish) game - I have put 376 hours into the game already

Now, i came here due to the marketing and advertising and references to the similarities of what this game is compared to EvE, and how it rivals EvE...

After 376 hours, I can safely say, It is nothing like EvE, It never will be, this was false advertising/marketing at a seriously bad level...
There is no economy, no market, no "Safe hubs", timers are seriously way over-timed, You don't have too much of a reason to go out and exxplore, it is forced gameplay to the point, where you literally cannot play the game how you want due to devs introducing permanent stat debuffs unless you go and do something, Age is completly screwed - In 1 month I have aged 100 years, The lack of player choice is somewhat blatantly in the face but disguised due to "The freedom to move around" - The building placements next to enemy territory, all well and good, but now I can lliterally place a cannon 8 steps away from someones building... I don't even need to think how to attack a group, I can do it solo, Just wait untill the players are asleep and then attack, 1 cannon, 50 - 100 rounds... There is no reason to group up, if you do your skill tree right you can literally have armour, cannons, etc to be able to attack ON YOUR OWN...

There is no thought of consequences, 90% of the time if your not in a big group you will be grindingg 100% of the time... Fire arrows are ridiculously nerfed, 10 shots and a bow breaks with fire arrows... Its fire and cant even burn through wood without 400+ arrows being fired at it...

All I see is another Ark game, falsely advertised, wrongly marketed, painted with pirates....

I am dis-appointed that I was lured here under false pretenses - The whole "Define your own character" stuff is rubbish, I age 100 years every month.... then get perma de-buff stats unless I ggo to the FOY, which I will have to do every time, just to ensure my character is not weaker than everyone else... Just to be "Normal", How can mercenaries work, when it is too easy for everyone to get the best stuff within 1 week of game time... EvE literally takes 6 - 8months to get anywhere near competitive at PvP...

I am not saying the game should go full swing EvE... But it certainly HAS to turn away from ARK... This whole 18 hour rubbish to capture a ship is ridiculous... Even if everyone is dead.... There is no incentive to be a mercenary, a Pirate etc - Sure its fun going round blowing up peoples stuff, but you are building a perma grind game for all the solo players/ small groups, you are catering to the carebears of PvP world who lets face it dont have what it takes to play a game with half a brain, there is no incentives for anyone to do anything other than "Build, Build Build"... Oh apart from the forced gameplay...

There is no diplomacy here, Racism is far too rife in the community, All I see is weapons getting weaker, tames getting weaker, buildings getting weaker but harder to build.... Griefingg is a serious issue, a serious issue.... But you guys don''t care... You wont divide the map to safe portions etc... you wont merge the PvP and PvE servers and just make the map 4 times bigger... You wont spread the resources proportionately.... There are currently 4 ships, and all are about the same in ease of sinking - There isn't a reason to build a galleon when it can be sunk as quick as a brig, by a brig with 30 spare planks on etc... There is rarely any PvP on the server its more PVsleeping raids....

I'm writing this, because after all the game time I have put in - I am extremely let down by the ggame, It is literally one big rip off of Ark, painted and sugar coated, and at this point, I think it might be wise if the devs / company stepped up and explained to the community exactly where they want this game going... With a solid floor plan of what is expected, and not in one months time for the next update, but for the next two years... where are you taking this ggame? what are you doing with the game? are you continously going to cater to the carebears of PvP....

I would like some sort of answer, as, as stated I was lured hear under false pretenses and marketing, The game is good, but it is not at all why I came here and has left me feeling very disappointed and mugged off, kinda like asking for a mint choc chip ice cream and given a cabbage on a stick with a bit of mud....

I have about 1.5k hours in Eve, and more than that from before I linked it to my Steam account.  I can say that racism is just as bad in Eve... it is just harder to find because they keep it very localized.  The Chinese in EVE have their own server, and the few that are on the main server rarely interact with anyone else.   Most of the racism in Eve is centered around the Russian player base.   And it is mostly not tolerated by the biggest corps in Eve, but in the early days, it was horrible.  

The point is, what helped Eve was the fact they have a seperate server for the Chinese player base.  

Here we dont have the ONE thing that makes Eve great, the economy.  

16 hours ago, R4GN4R said:

Firstly, to the devs - you have made a good(ish) game - I have put 376 hours into the game already

Now, i came here due to the marketing and advertising and references to the similarities of what this game is compared to EvE, and how it rivals EvE...

After 376 hours, I can safely say, It is nothing like EvE, It never will be, this was false advertising/marketing at a seriously bad level...
There is no economy, no market, no "Safe hubs", timers are seriously way over-timed, You don't have too much of a reason to go out and exxplore, it is forced gameplay to the point, where you literally cannot play the game how you want due to devs introducing permanent stat debuffs unless you go and do something, Age is completly screwed - In 1 month I have aged 100 years, The lack of player choice is somewhat blatantly in the face but disguised due to "The freedom to move around" - The building placements next to enemy territory, all well and good, but now I can lliterally place a cannon 8 steps away from someones building... I don't even need to think how to attack a group, I can do it solo, Just wait untill the players are asleep and then attack, 1 cannon, 50 - 100 rounds... There is no reason to group up, if you do your skill tree right you can literally have armour, cannons, etc to be able to attack ON YOUR OWN...

There is no thought of consequences, 90% of the time if your not in a big group you will be grindingg 100% of the time... Fire arrows are ridiculously nerfed, 10 shots and a bow breaks with fire arrows... Its fire and cant even burn through wood without 400+ arrows being fired at it...

All I see is another Ark game, falsely advertised, wrongly marketed, painted with pirates....

I am dis-appointed that I was lured here under false pretenses - The whole "Define your own character" stuff is rubbish, I age 100 years every month.... then get perma de-buff stats unless I ggo to the FOY, which I will have to do every time, just to ensure my character is not weaker than everyone else... Just to be "Normal", How can mercenaries work, when it is too easy for everyone to get the best stuff within 1 week of game time... EvE literally takes 6 - 8months to get anywhere near competitive at PvP...

I am not saying the game should go full swing EvE... But it certainly HAS to turn away from ARK... This whole 18 hour rubbish to capture a ship is ridiculous... Even if everyone is dead.... There is no incentive to be a mercenary, a Pirate etc - Sure its fun going round blowing up peoples stuff, but you are building a perma grind game for all the solo players/ small groups, you are catering to the carebears of PvP world who lets face it dont have what it takes to play a game with half a brain, there is no incentives for anyone to do anything other than "Build, Build Build"... Oh apart from the forced gameplay...

There is no diplomacy here, Racism is far too rife in the community, All I see is weapons getting weaker, tames getting weaker, buildings getting weaker but harder to build.... Griefingg is a serious issue, a serious issue.... But you guys don''t care... You wont divide the map to safe portions etc... you wont merge the PvP and PvE servers and just make the map 4 times bigger... You wont spread the resources proportionately.... There are currently 4 ships, and all are about the same in ease of sinking - There isn't a reason to build a galleon when it can be sunk as quick as a brig, by a brig with 30 spare planks on etc... There is rarely any PvP on the server its more PVsleeping raids....

I'm writing this, because after all the game time I have put in - I am extremely let down by the ggame, It is literally one big rip off of Ark, painted and sugar coated, and at this point, I think it might be wise if the devs / company stepped up and explained to the community exactly where they want this game going... With a solid floor plan of what is expected, and not in one months time for the next update, but for the next two years... where are you taking this ggame? what are you doing with the game? are you continously going to cater to the carebears of PvP....

I would like some sort of answer, as, as stated I was lured hear under false pretenses and marketing, The game is good, but it is not at all why I came here and has left me feeling very disappointed and mugged off, kinda like asking for a mint choc chip ice cream and given a cabbage on a stick with a bit of mud....

I have played EVE since 2009 and enjoy it still...I am also very much confused as to what the hell you are talking about...I have seen absolutely zero marketing as an "eve competitor" the little I have seen of ads and marketing has portrayed the game as a pvp heavier version of ark using weapons and ships instead of animals to combat with...that isnt AT ALL like eve. Sounds like you had some corp mates in eve mis-sell you on the game...which isn't a surprise you should NEVER trust anyone in eve, not even your own corp. Still not sure about the references and marketing you are talking about though, I think you got a bit confused or something. I mean OGame is closer to eve than this game...

12 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I have played EVE since 2009 and enjoy it still...I am also very much confused as to what the hell you are talking about...I have seen absolutely zero marketing as an "eve competitor" the little I have seen of ads and marketing has portrayed the game as a pvp heavier version of ark using weapons and ships instead of animals to combat with...that isnt AT ALL like eve. Sounds like you had some corp mates in eve mis-sell you on the game...which isn't a surprise you should NEVER trust anyone in eve, not even your own corp. Still not sure about the references and marketing you are talking about though, I think you got a bit confused or something. I mean OGame is closer to eve than this game...

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/atlas-mmo/

"It's EVE Online mashed with ARK, and it's releasing on Steam Early Access on December 13 for $30. "

"For one, it's truly an MMO where thousands of players can exist in one space together—and I mean together in the EVE Online sense of the word where everyone plays on one server, with some small caveats. Atlas will only have one PvP and one PvE server for each major region, so players won't be arbitrarily segregated across hundreds of identical servers as in World of Warcraft. "

Theres loads more out there too... You just got to look now that it all very much seems hidden...
You could argue that it is third paprties arguing it - But then where do they get the information from? Press rrelease? Announcements etc... Its the way the devs and marketers portray it to the world that gets peoples hypes up, to build a playerbase, all it was and seems is to be a cashcow piggy backing off other succesful game names by comparing elements that arent even in the game... Or are nothing like how they portrayed...

1 minute ago, R4GN4R said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/atlas-mmo/

"It's EVE Online mashed with ARK, and it's releasing on Steam Early Access on December 13 for $30. "

"For one, it's truly an MMO where thousands of players can exist in one space together—and I mean together in the EVE Online sense of the word where everyone plays on one server, with some small caveats. Atlas will only have one PvP and one PvE server for each major region, so players won't be arbitrarily segregated across hundreds of identical servers as in World of Warcraft. "

Theres loads more out there too... You just got to look now that it all very much seems hidden...
You could argue that it is third paprties arguing it - But then where do they get the information from? Press rrelease? Announcements etc... Its the way the devs and marketers portray it to the world that gets peoples hypes up, to build a playerbase, all it was and seems is to be a cashcow piggy backing off other succesful game names by comparing elements that arent even in the game... Or are nothing like how they portrayed...

Ok, first of all, I take reviews given by gaming sites like this with a grain of salt...they are typically written by overly enthusiastic former or current gamers who like to compare shit to make their articles look good. Secondly, other sites tend to "borrow" those concepts in order to pass the word around...especially the less known sites who essentially rewrite it in their own words but keep the idea in order to get clicks on google searches. Given how successful sales were in ARK despite its bad earlier dev track record, I would expect the company to liken it more to that game than EVE in a press release. PC Gamer and sites like it writing articles like this operate 80% on gossip and 20% on fact. They like to insinuate to gain readers but keep just enough facts in to hook said readers.

Sales were good for Ark yes - While it was cheap and Alpha - However the player base dropped significantly...

Now, If you have a good solid game, the community will stay playing it, people will stay playing it, People will want to play it....

So lets look at ARK, How many times did the devs have to apologise to people for a start? - Promising things and not fulfilling, doing what they want how they want, not listening to feedback, stating they will never add DLC... But did... - They upset around 80% of their player base... All thats left to play it now are people who are engrossed in it...

Some of them have come here, some of the upset people have come here, they all say this is an ARK reskin - Which is fine, Inever played ARK so this is a new experience for me... Yet they made a helluva lot of mistakes....

The game across very much like an EvE Comparison, and it is easy to see why, just by reading through the descriptions etc... However it is not like EvE, I doubt it ever will be, and I feel like I was misled, Saying that, I enjoy the game - It is okay, albeit quite a few things need sorting out, but I will stay and hopefully my input will be appreciated by the devs, who are doing a good job at pushing updates and tryingg to appease everyone, however they do need to bring a solid roadmap out of where they want this game going and discuss it with the community, rather than keeping everything behind closed doors, untill next months patch...

We paid to help leave feedback and build the game, but currently - Stuff seems to be added, that isn't really needed at this stage, optimisations are slow and they are spending a hell of a long time designing and building stuff - That the community might not even want, but they wont want to waste it, It''s like its a showcase of their skills rather than actually building a game for people...

2 hours ago, R4GN4R said:

Sales were good for Ark yes - While it was cheap and Alpha - However the player base dropped significantly...

Now, If you have a good solid game, the community will stay playing it, people will stay playing it, People will want to play it....

So lets look at ARK, How many times did the devs have to apologise to people for a start? - Promising things and not fulfilling, doing what they want how they want, not listening to feedback, stating they will never add DLC... But did... - They upset around 80% of their player base... All thats left to play it now are people who are engrossed in it...

Some of them have come here, some of the upset people have come here, they all say this is an ARK reskin - Which is fine, Inever played ARK so this is a new experience for me... Yet they made a helluva lot of mistakes....

The game across very much like an EvE Comparison, and it is easy to see why, just by reading through the descriptions etc... However it is not like EvE, I doubt it ever will be, and I feel like I was misled, Saying that, I enjoy the game - It is okay, albeit quite a few things need sorting out, but I will stay and hopefully my input will be appreciated by the devs, who are doing a good job at pushing updates and tryingg to appease everyone, however they do need to bring a solid roadmap out of where they want this game going and discuss it with the community, rather than keeping everything behind closed doors, untill next months patch...

We paid to help leave feedback and build the game, but currently - Stuff seems to be added, that isn't really needed at this stage, optimisations are slow and they are spending a hell of a long time designing and building stuff - That the community might not even want, but they wont want to waste it, It''s like its a showcase of their skills rather than actually building a game for people...

Nope. The player base didn’t drop significantly from ark. Not for months. Ark has kept a steady playerbase the whole time if it’s almost 4 year development. WA or not.

what did happen is within the first month of atlas, this games numbers have actually dropped lower than any month of ark. Check this, the lowest month that ark had was 3 years and 5 months later.

this game loses more players every day. We are at 1/3 that has already left. Can’t wait for another two weeks till the 50% mark hits lol. 

Ah you haven’t experienced ark yet. You will soon

2 hours ago, R4GN4R said:

And this is no where near a solid game lol

On 12/28/2022 at 9:52 AM, dianacrown88 said:

marketing strategy is a very common thing in the promotion of any web resource. So it's no surprise that you came here because of it

On 12/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, Whitehawk said:

Atlas isn't an Ark rip off, it's an Ark dlc. And the way things are still going, it always will be.

stop necroposting nonsense... 3 years old bs...