Sign in to follow this  
Endo Fett

Remove Cobras!!

Cobras are the most s**t animal in the game.

These glitchy mother f**kers go through walls, have insanely janky hitboxes, and routinely cause a s**tty time.

They also exist where it regularly gets to -19 C...how the f**k?

All the animals in this game are awful, but consistently losing tames to cobras/alpha cobras makes people log out and not want to come back.

Before anyone tells me to “git gud”...the pen in which they slaughtered a giraffe most recently was built over the water (on pillars), accessible only via ramp, and locked tight with walls placed over the opening.

FC2F754E-7A90-4844-8ED7-84D22B7A1EE6.jpeg

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Like 3

GI Joe has been working for years to remove Cobra.... But as inept as Cobra Commander is, he is very charismatic and still gets recruits and financing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Also, as you can see: A three wide and maybe 3-4 tall gate would suffice for all the animals in this game.

The Large Gate has no purpose in Atlas and should have went the way of the Bronto.

Give me a medium option at the very least!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You want cobras removed instead of the bug fixed?

Id settle for either, but after years of janky ass titanoboa in Ark, I’m not confident. 

If you can’t implement a creature that works properly and serves a purpose...maybe don’t implement it?

And if you refuse to fix or remove it, at least asign it to zones that you’d find a snake in...

For that matter, fix the babies dying of temperature extremes in their natural habitats.

Between the infant mortality rate, the predators, the alphas, and the AoD; how the hell is this whole world not just a desolate wasteland? The last snake should have starved to death hundreds of years ago...

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Like 2

Well cobras can swim... and they have a decent ranged attack.  I actually like hunting them.. good amount of skin off of them.

Could always build an elevated platform for your animals and for ramps used the sloped doors and leave them open this way the snake won't slide up the ramp and eat your animals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Notorious said:

Could always build an elevated platform for your animals and for ramps used the sloped doors and leave them open this way the snake won't slide up the ramp and eat your animals.

That’s quite clever.

I don't think removing things from the game is the answer, Cobra's have messed up hit boxes and their turning animations can be improved on.  Honestly I think it would be good if they worked similar to titanoboas in ark.

1 minute ago, arzosah said:

I don't think removing things from the game is the answer, Cobra's have messed up hit boxes and their turning animations can be improved on.  Honestly I think it would be good if they worked similar to titanoboas in ark.

How about temporarily remove them until they quit causing so much grief?

31 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

Cobras are the most s**t animal in the game.

These glitchy mother f**kers go through walls, have insanely janky hitboxes, and routinely cause a s**tty time.

They also exist where it regularly gets to -19 C...how the f**k?

All the animals in this game are awful, but consistently losing tames to cobras/alpha cobras makes people log out and not want to come back.

Before anyone tells me to “git gud”...the pen in which they slaughtered a giraffe most recently was built over the water (on pillars), accessible only via ramp, and locked tight with walls placed over the opening.

FC2F754E-7A90-4844-8ED7-84D22B7A1EE6.jpeg

I'm pretty sure one of the recent patches made cobras able to glitch through walls/foundations even further than they were able to before, so now they can glitch under the firing arc of the swivel guns I have set up to defend against the constant ridiculous cobra swarm. 

We also had alpha cobras on two different islands go on rampages and kill most of our good tames and since they keep nerfing our weapons it took me over an hour to take down one of them. This is the opposite of fun, devs. Stupid crap like this is going to keep getting you negative reviews and keep players far far away from this game. 

And I was just talking the other day about how silly it is there are cobras in the bloody tundra. Cobras are desert creatures, seriously, what planet are these devs from. They seem clueless about the animals they put in the game. Watch some National Geographic or Discovery Channel once in a while you clueless ********! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well cobras can swim... and they have a decent ranged attack.  I actually like hunting them.. good amount of skin off of them.

Maybe they are different where you're from, but our cobras don't give any skin, just chitin

They just removed the Elephants from K3, they should probably do the same to Cobras since it doesn't make sense to have cold blooded creatures in areas that rarely get above freezing.  Some of their choices about where animals are seem to be a poor attempt to add diversity of fauna to each grid.  I think they need to add more animal types to the game and tone down the spawn rate of predators as well as fix the janky animations of some creatures.

• Like 2

First it was Wolves now its cobras.. quite soon we will just have some teddy bears for PVE combat..

They are annoying but im okay with them.Only thing i hate is the sound they produce,it doesnt give me chills but rapidly builds aggression inside me that im very close to punching something or instantly kill them just to get rid of that fucking sound

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caldrin said:

First it was Wolves now its cobras.. quite soon we will just have some teddy bears for PVE combat..

I think they toned the wolves down too much, at least where I live we use to have packs of 4-5 wolves running around everywhere, which was challenging to deal with. Now I only see one or two periodically.  I don't think the issue with Cobras is their spawn rates, it's the fact that they can stick their head through a wall and eat what's on the other side.  I know people hate hearing it, but this is EA and we're going to be in EA for two years they're going to iterate over many aspects of the game and hopefully fix issues like this and balance out spawns.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Notorious said:

I had this same idea and tried it, but this glitchy ass game, the tames would fall through the sloped door sections and glitch out and couldn't make it up the ramp. I also tried an elevator, but the animals also tend to glitch through it too and still get eaten. And elephants can't quite fit on the largest elevator platform, even though elephants are only 2 tiles wide. Sometimes you can make them fit but it's a giant pain in the ass. 

Basically, every preventive measure I've thought of doesn't work because the game is so damn glitchy. Nothing works right, not consistently anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

I had this same idea and tried it, but this glitchy ass game, the tames would fall through the sloped door sections and glitch out and couldn't make it up the ramp. I also tried an elevator, but the animals also tend to glitch through it too and still get eaten. And elephants can't quite fit on the largest elevator platform, even though elephants are only 2 tiles wide. Sometimes you can make them fit but it's a giant pain in the ass. 

Basically, every preventive measure I've thought of doesn't work because the game is so damn glitchy. Nothing works right, not consistently anyway. 

Exactly this.

From what i experienced with cobra yesterday as i tried to defending and upgrading my farm , they can glitch through halfwall , open doorway and wooden railing with ease , stone railing is the only thing that can stop them and allow you to shoot them .

They also have deceptively large AOE attack for a snake which can reach your tame if it next to wall or under the celling .

Nearly all animals are placeholders. Or were intended to be. Watch their streams they're archived now. They go into detail about the fantasy fauna and how they needed SOMETHING to work with until these are rolled out. So perhaps the Cobra will be removed, but it will most likely be replaced with another snake.

solution is to just get a cow, mine's molesting snakes all over the place for no apparent reason. No idea how that works, maybe cows are bugged.

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nari said:

Nearly all animals are placeholders. Or were intended to be. Watch their streams they're archived now. They go into detail about the fantasy fauna and how they needed SOMETHING to work with until these are rolled out. So perhaps the Cobra will be removed, but it will most likely be replaced with another snake.

"V22.5
-cobra removed
-added cobra replacement
dilophosaurus-bust-damtoys-thumb-9030180

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caldrin said:

No kidding pretty much ruined the wolves they have no health now. I see so many posts now from happy crybabies that asked for the nerf- not, now its cobras.

Instead of: FIX COBRAS! 

It's: Remove Cobras!

If they listened to every demand, this game would form a blackhole, nothingness wouldn't be enough for you guys 😂

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

No kidding pretty much ruined the wolves they have no health now. I see so many posts now from happy crybabies that asked for the nerf- not, now its cobras.

Being honest, wolves were pretty rediculously OP. I think they were nerfed too hard since 200~s take multiple hits to kill naked guys. They dropped their HP, attack rate, knock back (used to be more then eles or rhinos wtf), spawns and damage. Restoring their damage and half returning their spawns (if old was 100% and new is 0% dialing it to 50%) - they ARE T2 tames after all, they shouldn't be tankier then lions and tigers, who are T3.