Malfunktion

Claim Help

A few questions...

What do the different color flags mean I see red The Yellow?

What does a negative timer mean?

I found a Claim that I could Contest. Hasn't had upkeep in a while. I lay down my flag and get the swords. I see no timer and the 10 min thing never starts to count down. I have waited well over 30 mins...... What am I missing here?

Edited by Malfunktion

Red means you can't place any structures on it. Yellow means you can build on the land but not close to any exsiting structures on the land. 

When the negative timer reaches -259000 seconds the land becomes claimable. Just because the land can be contested doesn't mean you can get the land. Most of the time there is a sleeper there which contests the flag. When you lay down your flag run up to it and look and see if you see CONTESTED on it. If you do then there is a sleeper and you will not be able to get it. If it doesn't say CONTESTED then you need to find the flag you are trying to take to see its countdown timer. After their flag counts down then your 10min timer will start counting down allowing you to claim.

Edited by Kirves
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kirves said:

Red means you can't place any structures on it. Yellow means you can build on the land but not close to any exsiting structures on the land. 

When the negative timer reaches -259000 seconds the land becomes claimable. Just because the land can be contested doesn't mean you can get the land. Most of the time there is a sleeper there which contests the flag. When you lay down your flag run up to it and look and see if you see CONTESTED on it. If you do then there is a sleeper and you will not be able to get it. If it doesn't say CONTESTED then you need to find the flag you are trying to take to see its countdown timer. After their flag counts down then your 10min timer will start counting down allowing you to claim.

And if they sleep on it, for a veeery long time, we have one claim which is claimable, but there is afk guy in house, what we should do with that?

Report it for support, or what?

Edited by Rumata

28 minutes ago, Kirves said:

This helped alot thank you

17 minutes ago, Rumata said:

And if they sleep on it, for a veeery long time, we have one claim which is claimable, but there is afk guy in house, what we should do with that?

Sadly you can't do anything about it until the devs come up with a solution. As of right now its working as intended.

• Thanks 1

Guys, regarding the sleeping people you have to understand this is a business decision on behalf of the devs.

The launch was rocky, we can all acknowledge that much has changed and much more WILL change... if they remove sleepers who got tired of the issues in the first 2 weeks, imagine them coming back to the game in the next 2-3 weeks "to give it another chance" and returning to their lands/buildings stolen from under them? They would leave again and never return. 

I fully expect that when the breeding/aging/inheritance system has been fleshed out they will turn on old age death and all the inactives will disappear then but I don't expect it to happen without an announcement and some fanfare of other fun systems in order to entice those who departed to return to the game and give it another shot.

There is plenty of land out there not being used, focus on taking those lands.

There are plenty of companies out there with "total land claims" in the negative (which means their flag only takes 15 minutes to declaim) those are the inactive players, focus on taking those lands.. it is FAST and you're not ruining someone's efforts.

There are plenty of companies in the top 20 who have flag declaim timers of 15-45 minutes, if you see a contestable flag of theirs drop that flag down and camp it! 

With the new changes to the flag claim system you will no longer have to maintain a vigil on the flag you are contesting for 48 hours + like we have done in the past! The contesting enemy can only RECLAIM the flag as quickly as you declaimed it. Of course there are plenty of griefers out there who will mess with your attempt to claim land but there are 93 grids of claimable land not including the tundra/polar regions... there is PLENTY of land to claim for yourself.

Check out the following forum discussion for my attempt at a comprehensive explanation of the current system: 

Edited by MisterMyztik