Sign in to follow this  
Torch

Balance. Some measures need to be established to balance the game.

I love the game. Having fun with my friends, but there are some things you need to do to balance the game as it is a game that runs 24/7 with companies on at all different time zones. My first suggestion is to limit the size of companies and the number of alliances they have or some combination of that idea. Second, create ship docks that will not allow ships to be destroyed while in them, maybe for only schooners and above or Brigs and above, but while in dock they can be boarded and looted though not fully destroyed. Maybe vulnerability timers that allow ships in dock to be destroyed on at a certain time you set according to your time zone? Something to balance the game out and make it more competitive and fun. Offline raiding takes knocks the wind out of the game and is so frustrating when you cannot in anyway defend your company. I know offline raiding will not go away, but you have to do something so that a whole company can't be wiped out while no one is there to defend it. Players will just quit or join ever growing companies until there are such massive monopolies small groups will not even be able to operate. Thanks!

The Devs for this game have repeatedly shown that they do not understand balance.

For a game that is essentially in an alpha/beta period balance comes secondary to server stability.