Sign in to follow this  
Bee

You can't be serious about this........

@Jatheish""Old "permanently unlocked" Power Stone Artifacts are removed (it was a bug that they were, some weeks ago, granted as a permanent character default item)""

• How many times do you expect players to kill Hydra? Especially in bigger tribes where they have players from different timezones and this over the fact that ruins region has pvp enabled.
  • How do you expect players to kill those insane monsters in the ruins island just to get to the cave?
  • If they get near the cave and die and several monsters are camping the body, yeah RIP the artifact key.
  • How many resources and hours do you expect players to waste over this? The fact that they're even doing this is mainly only for level cap increase and not for the useless taunts.

I don't understand what the developers are thinking, please play the PVP servers first before you make these changes, this has always been the problem in ARK aswell, guess nothing was learned.

I can probably make alot of valid points about this but i am sooooo annoyed right now (Please just play PVP server and see how hard it is), i tried to be as cordial as possible. PLEASE think this over and change it back and let those who already killed Hydra have the key permanently, maybe make it untradable or something but make it permanent.

Or you can just increase the level cap and not force players to do this stuff, just let powerstones only give emotes.

Edited by Bee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Compelling argument to made to remove the artifacts.  I'm sure someone will comment "people can just run into the power stone" which I say so what.

We kind of need to go to the power stones for the FoY.  IMO bonus is you will eventually get all the power stones as well.  Really all it would mean is you get a pretty compass and a few higher level unlocks (makes this repeatable every time you are 90 too.)

I dislike the age mechanic but with enough incentives I could see it as being tolerable.

How about play either of the 4 official servers. This sucks just as bad on PVE. I understand we don't have guys sailing around sinking all our ships on PVE. But the amount of high level monsters on the island is insane. 

HAve you tried actually killing them? They arent that difficult of you put some effort. Even the gorgons at the cave, we had someone bring in ballistas and just cleared the beach in like 10 minute. 1 person wih gear was able to clear a way inside the cave

To be honest , i kinda wish 50 people actually armed themselves and fight , at least in PVE .

50 people with gun and sword will make everything easy ....

Going on such a voyage takes preperation, that's what I like about it. You need to think about what you're gonna do. Hydra's are easy to kill if you got them in the right spot and with the good pathtaking and items you can get by these PVE islands pretty easy. It is just a matter of getting experience with it. 

Yep, this change is premature. The addition of FoY prior to full implementation I understand because it's a (the only) means of rolling back aging and plenty of people complained about being forced to play as a wrinkly ballsack. But this is jumping the shark. There needs to be balance brought to these islands before they expect us to grind and risk losing artifacts.

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Going on such a voyage takes preperation, that's what I like about it. You need to think about what you're gonna do. Hydra's are easy to kill if you got them in the right spot and with the good pathtaking and items you can get by these PVE islands pretty easy. It is just a matter of getting experience with it. 

One of the reason no one armed themselves is because high chance of death and everyone just take your stuffs without giving it back , trust issue i suppose .

Just now, kampfer91 said:

One of the reason no one armed themselves is because high chance of death and everyone just take your stuffs without giving it back , trust issue i suppose .

We're always alone so I have not experienced people stealing my stuff.

Not when it is time for FOY , you get like 50 peeps on 1 island . 

And player mindset of conserving as many materials as possible .

Even without gear , everyone can team up by forming  group to kite animals aways from the cave entrance but so far they did the opposite thing .

That will eventually change when they balance things out. People seem to forget that this is purely a test. I'm pretty sure the devs now know what not to do so on to the next test. 

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

That will eventually change when they balance things out. People seem to forget that this is purely a test. I'm pretty sure the devs now know what not to do so on to the next test. 

Someone is going use ARK as that learning experience. "THEY SHOULD ALREADY KNOW!!!"

ThatsNotHowThisWorks.gif

6 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

HAve you tried actually killing them? They arent that difficult of you put some effort. Even the gorgons at the cave, we had someone bring in ballistas and just cleared the beach in like 10 minute. 1 person wih gear was able to clear a way inside the cave

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

IDK and IDC about PVE or unofficial servers, i am in a 80 player tribe on official PVP and yeah its INSANE hard.

Wanna know the reasons why?

HYDRA:

• Preparation time : Takes hours
  • Voyage Time : Takes hours (Not every region is close to the hydra spawn point).
  • Killing time : 1-2 hours
  • There will be a ton of sloops that will constantly ram your boat when u park it to go find and fight the hydra
  • PVP: Yeah, you constantly get attacked in golden age ruins and also ships with a ton of  cannons will often come to wipe you out.
  • Now imagine doing this 9 times, provided the cave running goes as planned, unless you die and cant retreive your body coz 1000 fire lords are standing near it. Also not counting the fact the players live in different time zones, so yeah, gotta do it like 2-3 times for all the tribe members to get it.

POWERSTONES (Since you cant just run naked now):

• Preparation time: Hours
  • Voyage time: ALOT OF HOURS (We used to spawn in freeport, make a sloop and just head there naked, so yeah thanks for the update, now we need to prepare and come from our home base)
  • Killing elite mythical creatures that are literaly in hundereds: Takes ALOT OF HOURS
  • PVP: As stated with Hydra, same situation.
  • Now imagine doing this 9 times, each time having to go farther and farther away from base, basically spending a ton of hours in just sailing.

Official PVP Situation:

• If anyone here actually played Official PVP, you'd know that you basically have to fight and defend your land 24/7. You keep getting attacked day and night, so yeah, no time for this PVE stuff.

Only reason i want to do this is because i got level capped and i need skill points, its either this or try going to each tribe's claimed land to discover land and basically spend days just doing that instead of defending your base.

This just doesn't work on official PVP. @JatheishPlease revert this change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bee said:

IDK and IDC about PVE or unofficial servers, i am in a 80 player tribe on official PVP and yeah its INSANE hard.

Wanna know the reasons why?

HYDRA:

• Preparation time : Takes hours
  • Voyage Time : Takes hours (Not every region is close to the hydra spawn point).
  • Killing time : 1-2 hours
  • There will be a ton of sloops that will constantly ram your boat when u park it to go find and fight the hydra
  • PVP: Yeah, you constantly get attacked in golden age ruins and also ships with a ton of  cannons will often come to wipe you out.
  • Now imagine doing this 9 times, provided the cave running goes as planned, unless you die and cant retreive your body coz 1000 fire lords are standing near it. Also not counting the fact the players live in different time zones, so yeah, gotta do it like 2-3 times for all the tribe members to get it.

POWERSTONES (Since you cant just run naked now):

• Preparation time: Hours
  • Voyage time: ALOT OF HOURS (We used to spawn in freeport, make a sloop and just head there naked, so yeah thanks for the update, now we need to prepare and come from our home base)
  • Killing elite mythical creatures that are literaly in hundereds: Takes ALOT OF HOURS
  • PVP: As stated with Hydra, same situation.
  • Now imagine doing this 9 times, each time having to go farther and farther away from base, basically spending a ton of hours in just sailing.

Official PVP Situation:

• If anyone here actually played Official PVP, you'd know that you basically have to fight and defend your land 24/7. You keep getting attacked day and night, so yeah, no time for this PVE stuff.

Only reason i want to do this is because i got level capped and i need skill points, its either this or try going to each tribe's claimed land to discover land and basically spend days just doing that instead of defending your base.

This just doesn't work on official PVP. @JatheishPlease revert this change.

Boss islands are named PVE islands. As for all the other things: That’s PVP. The ramming can be dealt with. And yes, you thought you weren’t gonna sail a lot in a map with 225 grids? There are so many people on these forums complaining about stuff they know was going to happen or would be part of the game. I get the problems you are having, but we don’t, simply by adjusting to the situation. 

Edited by Percieval

11 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

We killed around 30 cyclops and then still got wiped at beach. Not to mention the enjoyment of the 500 anchored ships we have to deal with as well.

Ask yourself how many people and how much grind you need to do this.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:53 PM, Shintai said:

Ask yourself how many people and how much grind you need to do this.

Exactly, thank you!

Those who play Official PVP would understand the fact that you basically spend all your time trying to hold on to your claimed area, constantly fighting over it day and night, there is just not enough time to do this. Basically 100% unnecessary for PVP servers. But we are forced to do this to increase our level cap.

At least just remove the level cap increase and add it to the players directly.

Edited by Bee